New Memphis Grizzlies logo

txhockeyfan

is it me or does the new logo look like a furry valentine with a face??? heart shaped like whoa!  :D

Care bear countdown 5, 4, 3, 2, 1! :D

i hope they name their mascot "Dunk-alot Bear"...lol

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Is it me or does the new logo look like a furry valentine with a face??? Heart shaped like whoa!" :D

"Care Bear countdown 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!" :D

"I hope they name their mascot 'Dunk-a-lot Bear'...lol"

ROTFLMMFAO!!!

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I just don't understand how anybody can think that a logo that looks like a 85 year old grizzly suffering from Scoliosis can be a good logo! Somebody give the grizzly a walker!

grizzlies.jpg

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

"Kinda makes me think 'teddy grahms'"

Or, in English, "Teddy Grahams."

Its not bad. I agree that it is a step down from the current logo, but it is still a pretty good logo. I don't know if its just me, but when I think of Grizzles, I don't think of Memphis, or of Blue and Gold. The color sheme before, along with the jerseys, were great. I could live with having a Memphis NBA team being the Grizzles, but to have a Blue/Gold color scheme? Hell no. Black/Green/Red all the way. I don't know how that would look with this logo, but it looked just fine with the old logo (or the current one).

The logo just isnt angry enough, I mean, it looks a little angry, but like Brain In Boston said, it looks straight out of a Disney cartoon.

Am I the only one would likes the old Blue Jay type style? I originally didn't like it when I saw it in black and white, but after seeing it in color, I like it alot. In my mind, it just fits in with the logo perfectly....

Thank you, GMS. Better looking for that.

I don't know if it's an improvement over their old primary or not (I think it's about equal), but I'm sure going to miss the paw/basketball logo. Plus the new color scheme doesn't say "Grizzlies" to me like black, copper, and red (screw that goofy seafoam green they used).

They're keeping the paw and ball logo. It will be their secondary. And the (BLUE)jays font looks great. Overall very simplistic approach for the team. I expected a lot more.

When avenger showed us what he thinks the memphis grizzlies are attempting to convey,

gizzliesnew.gif

did it scream UCLA or maybe even a little

auction.gif

UC Riverside

Any cause for alarm <_<

Or maybe theyre all just out to get us. Take your pick :D

UWMpanthers.gifgold_14.gif

power yawn. I can't give any more "meh" to the new logo. At least the current one loks a little aggressive, or at the least, ornery like a curmudgeon. The font doesn't scream "grizzly" either.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Wow... talk about going overboard in trying to justify the elements of a logo design!

"This logo is unique to Memphis..." Well, it SHOULD be! After all, what good would it do to have the exact same logo as another team. That said, it bears a resemblance to a few other bear-themed logos (at least in basic layout), most noticeably UC-Riverside and the Chicago Bears modern alternate. Come on Jerry... it's a bear's face. Get over yourself.

The Grizzly symbolizes Memphis basketball at its grittiest, at its toughest... Well, as I've already pointed out, I don't see what exactly is so damned "gritty" or "tough" about the way this bear is depicted. "Sullen" and "mopey"? Yes. "Gritty" and "tough". Nope.

It symbolizes Grizzly players and the fierce passion they bring to the court every night. Again, I see a lot of things in this bear, but "fierce" isn't one of them.

"The eyes are focused, determined and powerful." Well, Jerry... I'll grant you "focused" and "determined". I don't see anything particularly powerful about this bear or his eyes.

From the base color of blue that brings this identity to life (Memphis Midnight, Beale Street Blue and Smoke Blue)... When Pantone first released the colors for the new identity, I suspected that the team was going to claim the new palette paid homage to the Memphis "blues". Which begs the question, if they'd wanted to tie-in to Memphis' history as a mecca for the blues, why not go with a musically-themed identity package?

... to the neon-inspired typeface of the city name. Oh, please. Come on! You've just ripped off the Toronto Blue Jays' old typeface. "Neon-inspired"! Give me a break!

From the intense gaze of the grizzly that represents a serious and competitive team... Again with the eyes? Well, I guess we're going to get a lot of that... especially since we can't see his TEETH!!! I mean, nothing says "gritty", "tough", "fierce", "determined", "powerful" and "competitive" on a bear quite like a tooth-bearing snarl. Or maybe that's just me.

... to the subtle references to Egyptian royalty (Grizzlies Gold). This is really too much. You chose Gold as an accent color because of its "references to Egyptian royalty"? And that ties in with the city being named Memphis, right? Oooookay. If you say so.

"What they wanted was... something that represents this city." Well, as I covered in my earlier post, you dropped the ball with the Grizzlies name - and this accompanying logo - because it is as regionally inappropriate now as it was in the 1970s when Memphis' World Football League team used it.

Hoo-boy! I've seen some lame attempts at trying to justify a team name and/or logo choice, but this press release takes the cake! Talk about over-the-top marketing hype and double-talk. If they'd put as much time and effort into the design process as they did into the press release... hell, they might have had a team identity package that was half-way decent.

Brian in Boston

somebody, get me my money order so I can get my Jason Williams jersey, quickly! :D if the logo's any indication, the uniforms will suck so i wanna get an old one while i still can. :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived