Alternate Super Bowl Fields - Super Bowl LI (Steelers vs Packers)

pitt6pack

Confirmed. The video interview was very accurate, They will resod the endzones only (and touch ups on the playing portion of the field.) If anything for the pro Bowl (logo type) it would be on the 25's where the NFL shield and playoff logos would go. The field was started yesterday and is mosly laid out as it was an Cardinals game (cut of the grass, lines and number font). I anticipate the field being brought in some time in the next 48 hours as some of the national media will need to stage in the lot where the field normaly rests outside.

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Super Bowl VII

JIFYdtC.png

The Steelers reach their first Super Bowl after winning their first playoff game in team history on the immaculate reception, then upset the undefeated Dolphins in Pittsburgh. But the storybook season comes to a halt as the more experienced Cowboys take care of business in the Super Bowl.

< Super Bowl VI First Post Super Bowl VIII >

Super Bowl VII was the conclusion of the 1972 season. Is it possible, that the Steelers script you used may have not existed until the next season according to this Twitter post?

https://twitter.com/ToddRadom/status/557288543958368257/photo/1

EDIT: I now see video that the Steelers did use the wordmark you used in the end zone for the 1972 AFC Championship.

iq5b7nF.png

One last concept for Super Bowl XLIX (probably not as the weeks go on)

Reto-Bowl

TD461Hd.png

I restored the home endzone to the left side of the field, had to change the Seahawks endzone to have an NFC logo and not AFC, as these were the logos of the AFC Seahawks back in the day. I also decided to use the NFL's secondary logo for Super Bowl XLIX (featured on NFL.com) because a retro Super Bowl should have a unique logo.

They were in the NFC West in their inaugural season of 1976, so it still counts as accurate for a throwback. Well, sort of - the Seahawks had gray facemasks in their early seasons.

Super Bowl VII

JIFYdtC.png

The Steelers reach their first Super Bowl after winning their first playoff game in team history on the immaculate reception, then upset the undefeated Dolphins in Pittsburgh. But the storybook season comes to a halt as the more experienced Cowboys take care of business in the Super Bowl.

< Super Bowl VI First Post Super Bowl VIII >

Super Bowl VII was the conclusion of the 1972 season. Is it possible, that the Steelers script you used may have not existed until the next season according to this Twitter post?

https://twitter.com/ToddRadom/status/557288543958368257/photo/1

EDIT: I now see video that the Steelers did use the wordmark you used in the end zone for the 1972 AFC Championship.

They were using that wordmark when Three Rivers opened in August 1970. Their first preseason game is the only time I've seen them use black end zones. Which begs the question, all those Steelers end zones and all were yellow. Why not one with black? Great job though. Uni Watch brought me over here.

They were using that wordmark when Three Rivers opened in August 1970. Their first preseason game is the only time I've seen them use black end zones. Which begs the question, all those Steelers end zones and all were yellow. Why not one with black? Great job though. Uni Watch brought me over here.

Yup, three rivers is the first place I can think of where the logo was used. I did a black endzone for the Steelers, not on a field though, here: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/98529-super-bowl-field-database-super-bowl-xlix-more-looks-at-the-field-and-its-not-good/?p=2323092

The link from Uni Watch explains the unusually high number of views this thread has received today, as well as the new members comenting here and in the Super Bowl Field Database. I checked out Uni Watch today, thought it was pretty cool they had a link here. Tells me I'm doing something right. Also some thing interesting I saw there today was this:

"On Thursday the U.S. Commerce Department’s National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) will participate in a news conference in Phoenix on health and safety in the NFL. NIST will join the NFL, GE, and Under Armour to announce an open competition to identify innovative materials for protective sports equipment."

Also pretty cool because I've worked at NIST as an intern the past few years, and I heard about this a while ago.

Super Bowl XLVIII update

pma2B63.png

After this years game, I can assume they would have done the same design for the Patriots endzone had they made it to the Super Bowl last year. I still haven't changed the NFC logo to the left side of the endzone for the 49ers, because I still believe the design for the Seahawks has something to do with their template from CenturyLink. Still looks terrible.

I'll have my final update to the Super Bowl XLIX alternate field up shortly.

I would like to see the St. Louis Football Cardinals get into a Super Bowl just to see how their endzone would've looked lie in 1974 and 1975.

Super Bowl VIII: Against Miami

Super Bowl IX: Against Pittsburgh

The Cardinals would be one of the teams to have never gotten to a Super Bowl in this alternate reality.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

These are all awesome

Thanks!

Here of a few ideas:

XXX-Colts vs Eagles

XXII-Colts vs 49ers

XII-Rams vs Raiders

XXXVIII:Colts vs Cowboys

XXXV:Dolphins vs Rams

XXVII:Vikings vs Cheifs

I would like to see the St. Louis Football Cardinals get into a Super Bowl just to see how their endzone would've looked lie in 1974 and 1975.

Super Bowl VIII: Against Miami

Super Bowl IX: Against Pittsburgh

The Cardinals would be one of the teams to have never gotten to a Super Bowl in this alternate reality.

No problem, I'll put 'em in the queue. Just have to post the final XLIX field and I get get to work.

Super Bowl XLIX

SDjZ0VO.png

A few differences from the actual field, which I can explain. No endzones with an empty third, because neither teams wordmarks contain a logo. No cross patterns for the team boxes, because with the colts there would be some conflict with their logo. If it was all blue with white crosses, it just looks bad, and would be the same color as the logo, or outline if the logo were outlined. If the Colts team box had two white sections, then you would still have a conflict with the colts logo, or logo outline. The NFC logo is the same color as the blue in the NFL logo, because there is no navy on this field. Last difference, the NFC logo is on the right side (in both meanings of the word). This is because I still believe the mess with the Seahawks endzone comes straight from the CenturyLink templates. The next time the Seahawks miss the Super Bowl we will see what is really going on, but until then, the NFC logo remains on the right for this alternate field, and the Super Bowl XLVIII alternate field.

< Super Bowl XLVIII    First Post    Super Bowl 50 >

Filling some requests - I went in order of Super Bowl, got half the requests done.

Dalcowboyfan92 - here you go, and good choice, I forgot about 70's the Cardinals, but who doesn't?

Super Bowl VIII: Cardinals vs Dolphins

9fd6OPT.png

Super Bowl IX: Steelers vs Cardinals - This field turned out great, love it (with some Steelers fan bias).

2esxtFb.png

cubsfan2015 - here you go, and I love the profile pic. I've listened to a lot of Floyd while making all these fields.

Super Bowl XII: Rams vs Raiders

vXVLlVU.png

Super Bowl XXII: 49ers vs Colts - I like the red-blue contrast between the endzones on this one.

1Rdxmo8.png

Not sure if I'll have time to get the rest done tomorrow, but I should have time Wednesday.

Filling some requests - I went in order of Super Bowl, got half the requests done.

Dalcowboyfan92 - here you go, and good choice, I forgot about 70's the Cardinals, but who doesn't?

Super Bowl VIII: Cardinals vs Dolphins

9fd6OPT.png

Super Bowl IX: Steelers vs Cardinals - This field turned out great, love it (with some Steelers fan bias).

2esxtFb.png

Not sure if I'll have time to get the rest done tomorrow, but I should have time Wednesday.

The Cardinals in the early 70s. Led by Don Coryell. The only time they won the NFC East was in 1974 and 1975.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Archived