DC's Justice League Football uniforms (1960's version!)

oldschoolvikings

And with the Atom, this pretty much ends the Classic 60's JLA line up...

atom_zps5025ba96.png

Technically, I could do a Black Canary uniform. She joined in 69, but really feels much more like a 70's JLA character. Of course, I could just expand my original parameters... it wouldn't be the first time.

Not a big football fan but I love DC Comics and this series is great fun. A few suggestions:

- Give Hawkman an orange helmet to contrast with the gold color of the wing design.

- For Wonder Woman, how about yellow numbers and blue pants with a couple big white stars going down the pant legs to mimic her skirt design?

- How about fishnet stripes down the pant legs for Black Canary?

And I agree with JMtexan09--I'd love to see you do a Plastic Man set.

I wonder if the Aquaman primary color needs to be orange instead of green (i.e. orange jersey, green helmet)... Might be a really cool look especially because you already have a few other green jerseys in this concept.

Hmmm... I kinda like that idea for Aquaman... go with a 70's Broncos' rip instead of the Browns. I'll have to give that a try.

Meanwhile, here's a few more...

hawkman_zps81d18c32.png

(And thisflash_zps23447b8a.png one may be a bit too obvious...)

I am digging the Flash one.

I love it! As a DC Comics fan here, I liked how it is going with uniforms, you gotta do plastic man as well!

Well, Plastic Man (although being around since the 40's) didn't actually join the JLA until the 90's... DC didn't have the rights to the character until the 70's IIRC.

BUT, that's too good to pass up, so here you go!

superman_zpse5e378a1.png

Not a big football fan but I love DC Comics and this series is great fun. A few suggestions:

- For Wonder Woman, how about yellow numbers and blue pants with a couple big white stars going down the pant legs to mimic her skirt design?

- How about fishnet stripes down the pant legs for Black Canary?

Those would be great suggestions if I were doing modern uniforms, but I think that would kind of wreck the 60's vibe I'm going for. I appreciate the feedback, tho.

Amazing job...seeing as you did some heroes, any chance you might take a shot at some villians as well?

Hmmmm.....

I created several superhero teams in an old Madden for PC--including some of the same "teams"

Some of yours are close to what I was doing, and overall I like these.

I enjoy concepts that are a bit more out there & not simply tweaks--some cool ideas.

I do have three things I'd like to see you try

-blue pants for Superman

-A wing on the Flash helmet--to match his mask/cowl.

-Green pants on Hawkman to match his costume.

But good work--I like these as is as well-just 3 suggestions.

My favorite is the Green Lantern one--nice use of the colour & how you incorporated it into the design.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• 3 weeks later...

Archived