2015 Arizona State Football Concept - Adidas (Update)

martymcfry

Arizona State is going back to Adidas. I'm not a huge fan of the move, since I'm an anti-Adidas guy, but still I was wondering what they would look like in 2015. So here's a concept, and a hope that they use something like this (and Sparky)

qafoDnl.pngqfwR5ka.png

The biggest move here is the removal of the pitchfork, and bring back Sparky. I kept the color scheme limited to maroon and gold, and (mostly) got rid of black. Black could make sense for a team named the Sun Devils, but I felt like it's BFBS. I also got rid of the gray, fire, copper and whatever else they use so I could focus solely on the maroon and gold and the simplicity of what I wanted to do. Thanks for looking!

It'd be interesting to see the interlocking AS somewhere in there... maybe on the pants. I like pretty much everything your doing here, especially putting sparky back on the uniforms.

The interlocking ASU logo is a baseball logo only, that's mainly why I didn't use it.

Flip Sparky on the one helmet so he faces forward. Realistically this is probably the best they'll look. I'd still add the pitchfork logos too.

Okay, I'll probably add the pitchfork to the pants.

I like the concept, but in todays "recruits" they are looking for flashly unis, Great Facilities, and "Can I get on TV?" mentality. Now with Addias coming in with "Big $$$" this might help out. I know the "Transformation" (I.E. almost total rebuild) of Sun Devil Stadium, and the relative strength the Pac 12 is getting. Anything is possible. I would like to have Sparky return to the helmet, but the "Pitchfork" will remain. And I kind of like it as a secondary mark (Much like the interlocking "AS" for the baseball program). Possibly the Pitchfork becoming the striping on the pants? Or other secondary brandings. But the whole uniform is up for redesign as the current unis will need to be tweeked anyway to fit the Addias templates!

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Love the update. I would actually go much darker with the Maroon. The offical pallete looks correct, but the actual jerseys ended up much darker. Possibly as Nkie had serious problems matching colors in the Nike fit template (i.e. the Midnight Green that the Eagles use in thier home uniforms in Philly).

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

I like where you're going, but your red is too bright, and I think I know why.

ASU defines two different colors for its maroon. One is the institutional maroon, PMS 208, and it can run very pink. Athletics exclusively uses PMS 216 which reproduces a good bit darker.

Archived