Soccer Crest Concept - Looking for some C&C (updated 1/14)

randyc

Hey everyone,

I decided to try my hand at creating a soccer crest for my soon-to-be La Liga fantasy team. The team is based out of Lisbon, Portugal and will play under the name Grande Lisboa C.F. or Grande Lisboa Clube de Futebol (not sure if the name is correct but that's what I got in the english to portuguese translator).

I based the crest off of this picture of Marques de Pombal Square in Lisbon, and the flag of Lisbon. The colours are based off of the flag also.

I came up with a few different versions of the direction I went in. Personally, I'm leaning towards version without a cross and 2015 at the bottom.

Any C&C on this would be great!

rKaQLO9.pngD5lnDek.pngt88FCtM.pnglriVvBt.png

8prlQWA.png

Yeah, I would lean toward the no-cross 2015 version as well. I'd also take the size of the font inside the yellow portions down a few points to give it a little more room to breathe.

I'd agree with the above comments - if you opt for one of the versions with the cross though, I'd see about keeping the gyronny in the top two quarters only. It looks a bit odd to me poking down from behind the cross.

The last version of the update is the best so far. But, similar to letting the text breathe a bit, I think the centerpiece (the gyronny and waves) needs the same breathing room.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer FederationΒ | Complete: World Football Club AllianceΒ | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled:Β MLB & Soccer Crossover

I like the yellow text on the green backgrounds, but I feel like '2015' should still be green if it's going to be on the grey background.

Not sure if he meant that or to increase the gray area between the green and inner designs.

I'm not so sure you need the white strokes on the text though.

^^ This. I meant more gray space around the roundel.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer FederationΒ | Complete: World Football Club AllianceΒ | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled:Β MLB & Soccer Crossover

I'll be honest: This looks like a mashup with very little coherency. None of the pieces really fit together. The gray doesn't work with any of the other colors; the separated ring is a cool idea, but doesn't really translate well; and the font doesn't mesh well with otherwise old-style elements.

I'm not sure how to fix any of that without reconsidering the concept entirely.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded |Β Behance portfolio

Β 

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived