FC Bucuresti Logo Concept (UPDATE 7.2.16.)

OliverP

Hello, long time no see on the boards. Today I'm back with a new project I've been working on in my spare time. It's a logo for FC Bucuresti who have lost the legal battle for their historic name Steaua. The flower in the center is a Romanian national flower called Romanian Peony. Behind are the stripes in red and blue. Also added the gold because of the Romanian flag.

I'd like some C/C because I want to upgrade my Behance page so I can expose myself a bit more.

258cafa457a33ace28ecd92ba0a64a69.png

This looks great. The only thing I noticed is that your yellow of the flower is different from the yellow in the roundel. Is that intentional, or is it shading/gradient overlaying the image?

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

I think this looks great, but there is one small thing I think you could do to improve it: rotate the points extending from the flower to make it mimic the star in the old logo. I might go so far as to try and make the star points yellow, but that might be a bridge too far.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Hard to see anything wrong with this. The only issue is how similar or different you choose to make it to the original. Considering they lost a legal case over the name and colours, it might be wise to avoid any similarities to the original. I think what you have right now does a good job of not crossing the line.

I think also given the connections between Steaua's most successful period and communisn, this name change incident is an opportunity for the club to distance themselves from all of that. You managed to include a very Romanian symbol as well as avoiding the communist and military based symbols Steaua were originally connected with. That can only be a good thing in my eyes,

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I suppose I get that, but the upside-down star it creates now looks odd. Plus I like the idea of a subtle nod to their past; even if you don't like the communist period, it's not like "everyone was on vacation" for all of those years.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I really didn't want to have the star in it, because of the reasons marble21 pointed out. It's instantly reminds me of communism and I'm sure the team wouldn't want that.

Here, have a kit mock-up:

8e810e4452a915c791b2f6830616c034.png

Oliver, that crest is quite a beautiful thing. Love how you incorporated the Romanian Peony into the crest. It gives it that look of purely Romanian. I wouldn't change the colors of the crest even though Steaua lost the court case. It's all about history. And I like how you inverted the star behind the peony. It still reflects their club history but no where has ties to communism and the military. Simple, clean and a nice piece of work. Even that kit mockup looks great!

I really didn't want to have the star in it, because of the reasons marble21 pointed out. It's instantly reminds me of communism and I'm sure the team wouldn't want that.

jit is too plain but the template is stunning. I hope you post more work here in the future. I have no complaints with the crest.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

jit is too plain but the template is stunning. I hope you post more work here in the future. I have no complaints with the crest.

I didn't do the kit, this is their 13/14 Nike kit i believe, i just mocked up the crest on it. Thanks for the comment.

• 11 months later...

Hey guys, I am trying to revive this concept by doing the whole brand identity. I just finished the home kit concept and I would appreciate some C&C. I changed the sponsor on the shirt; I am trying to make it look authentic, so I picked one of their other partners (the previous sponsor logo was bad, it had gradients and a white background). Went with the collar to make it look more traditional, and I am pulling the light blue sleeves from their old kits from 1986 (the year they won the Champions league and Super cup). Those had some light blue accent stripes on the sleeve/shoulder, so I said, might as well make the whole sleeve light blue. The trademark red and blue stripes are there, of course, can't lose those. 

Tell me what you think.

Thanks!

home.jpg

18 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

I'm really not sure what to think about the light blue elements on the jerseys and the socks. I mean, I totally understand the team's history and it avoids the kits from being too plain, but I'm not sure if it works.

That was all I needed, those sleeves looked a bit weird to me too, but I went with them anyway just to make the jersey a bit more unique.

Here's an update:

home2.jpg

I've also did some work on the logo to make look it a bit cleaner. Picked a more modern and minimal font, and I fixed the strokes on the peony flower. I think it looks much better now.

LOGO_update.thumb.jpg.61b9a327a734f5e7bb

Archived