Arizona Coyotes Rebrand

wildwing64

I wasn't a fan of what I think of as the "Crazy Coyote," but I like this!

It strikes me as being most suitable for a logo that would be used on the shoulders of the jersey.

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

The eyes are throwing me off a bit, with the different sizes and outlines. I see why you did it, and I'm not sure I have a solution, but it makes it look a bit wonky. Maybe the left eye could be made to match the right, but red with a black outline instead.

Thanks for the comments so far!

The eyes are throwing me off a bit, with the different sizes and outlines. I see why you did it, and I'm not sure I have a solution, but it makes it look a bit wonky. Maybe the left eye could be made to match the right, but red with a black outline instead.

It was deliberately designed that way, as it's half a mask like on the original logo it's more of an eye hole as opposed to an eye.

This isn't my preference, but I have made this alternate version based on your suggestion:

AZcoyotesV2_zpsji8rjomd.png

8gEj9j7.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Really good, but reminds me a little too much of the Dbacks db/snakehead logo. I think it's the overall shape.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Now for a uniform set, and a new shoulder patch:

AZCoyotes_zpsj0ismn1r.png

I think the striping design works better for the dark jersey than it does the white.

I also have mixed feelings about the shoulder patch. Is it too simple? Could it do without the text? Or should I scrap it and start over?

8gEj9j7.png

Every time I look at that logo I see two coyotes staring down face to face. Just thought I'd say that lol

I think that's kind of the point. The original Kachina logo confused me at the time - whether it was facing forward or sideways, so for this one to give a similar illusion, I believe it works.

I think both jerseys work well. I would have prefered the stripe pattern from the original to return but this look is pretty clean.

I'd agree with your instinct that the shoulder patch is too plain. The circle crest doesn't fit with the sharp, jarring angles found elsewhere in this visual identity.

Also,I'd ditch white and use the cream color as the base for your second jersey. You could even consider adding a tertiary color to the design.

Every time I look at that logo I see two coyotes staring down face to face. Just thought I'd say that lol

I think that's kind of the point. The original Kachina logo confused me at the time - whether it was facing forward or sideways, so for this one to give a similar illusion, I believe it works

Not really my intent - and not something I ever noticed with the original Kachina logo - but an interesting observation anyway. With mine, I can kinda see where you're coming from though :lol:

Anyway here's version 2, featuring a new shoulder patch:

AZCoyotesV2_zpsuzy0hzf0.png

8gEj9j7.png

Archived