Lights Out's NFL 2015: Entire League Complete!

Lights Out

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the Chargers; and as a Chiefs fan, THANK YOU FOR MAKING THE PANTS STRIPES MATCH. I like the new color scheme for the Titans but I think that the blue needs to more blueier.

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

It's not flaked it's iridescent.

ir·i·des·cent

adjective

showing luminous colors that seem to change when seen from different angles.

"You play to win the game...Hello. You play to win the game." - Herman Edwards

"We talkin' bout practice?" - A.I.

"What’s that? Ah — playoffs? Don’t talk about — playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game! Another game." - Jim Mora

It's not flaked it's iridescent.

ir·i·des·cent

adjective

showing luminous colors that seem to change when seen from different angles.

And they achieved that iridescent effect by literally placing tiny flakes of luminous pigment throughout the helmet shell, which is why they were often referred to as "teal-flaked helmets" at the time.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I am loving what you did with the Ravens. With just a few small changes, you made a good looking uniform into a great looking one, and created a look that fits the team's identity. With Pittsburgh, I initially didn't like what you did, but after looking at it again, I think it's a unique direction to take the look that stays true to, once again, the team's identity. That being said, I'm curious to see how the diamondplate would look on actual fabric. I'm not disliking the look, I'm just not 100% sold. And a quick question about the Texans; what would the helmet look like from the front or the back? I'd like to see how the helmet would look directly with the different colored shoulders. Overall though, excellent work here and I can't wait to see the NFC.

D5Vb4dr.png

gpnlmlE.png

I personally loved the '90s double-star uniforms and thought their gaudiness was perfect for the Cowboys' persona, so I updated them a bit and made them the full-time set. (Ideally, they'd also cut the crap and wear blue at home.) I also picked one shade of silver and one shade of blue, because their current color scheme is ridiculous. While I hate their current white jerseys, I retained them as a throwback for them to wear on Thanksgiving because they are classic, but I replaced the BFBS outlines on the sleeve stripes with silver ones.

kcUOXpk.png

vUIdFoc.png

HkVaJrT.png

CvaMdnA.png

I kept the Giants fairly simple, but worked in more gray and used a consistent striping pattern. I also gave them a 1933 throwback alternate.

2Y0r3QC.png

eG7G4Rw.png

mDOQldl.png

xLmjWVv.png

mwE82hT.png

Here's where it really becomes apparent that I finished the whole league in advance. McCoy got traded literally hours after I finished this concept; oh well. This set is based off the uniforms the Eagles - including Vince Papale - wore in the '70s. I kept their current midnight green color because it looks fantastic, is distinctive, and is not the problem with their current uniform set (the use of both black and charcoal at the same time is).

cutN6XJ.png

p6Kbjuk.png

HYWVxsx.png

Washington gets a new name, a new-old helmet design, and slight tweaks to the color scheme and uniforms.

P6sFQh8.png

hUWqMJg.png

xLmjWVv.png

Texans: I actually love the dual colored sleeves. It mirrors the logo. Well done.

Jags: Kill all gradients.

Titans: Orange is not the new blue.

Broncos: I like going back to that era of jersey. I did the same thing in the redesign I've been working on.

Chiefs: We must have similar ideas because I also got rid of the black.

Chargers: Not a fan of the yellow alt.

Cowboys: Maybe try grey sleeves on the blue jersey.

Giants: I think the blue jersey needs a white or grey sleeve stripe to better match the road uni.

QPwsZnq.png

hzu4XRv.png

Other than a consistent striping pattern and the Halas memorial patch moving to the front of the jersey, not much change for the Bears.

vNhBpyN.png

9RtUYWI.png

priOzba.png

j7pkREZ.png

Black is completely eliminated from the Lions' identity because IMO their color scheme looks better without it. The striping pattern is based on Barry Sanders' uniform cut from the '90s. The contrast between thick and thin striping also evokes Old English lettering, which as we know, is very relevant to Detroit.

UcyT9xO.png

ahH51aW.png

ueGlL0b.png

xLmjWVv.png

Not liking Minnesota at all, especially the black alternate uniform.

Eagles - Awesome changeup for them. It'd definitely work.

Bears - I don't like GSH up front. I think ti works well sitting on the sleeves.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I like your idea for the Lions a lot more than I thought I would. Not feeling the Packers' pants though... I think your striping pattern would remind most of us fans of the horrible Forrest Gregg era.

DnrvhGi.png

The Saints' color scheme undergoes a change, with gold and white being promoted over black. A wrought-iron pattern adds character to the sleeves while also referencing the architecture of the French Quarter.

PgIfzAj.png

EvQsVhQ.png

bxL0jOY.png

Y3oMhSg.png

The Buccaneers were by far the most difficult team for me to design. IMO, they have never had a good uniform to draw from. I want to like the Creamsicles, but they're missing that awesome pewter color that the Bucs introduced with their following set, and to describe Bucco Bruce as tacky and dated would be a major understatement. The '90s uniforms are among the most overrated uniform sets on this site. The color distribution is horrible - instead of owning pewter, it's relegated to a tertiary color and left off the jerseys entirely in favor of redundant black trim. The current uniforms have the worst number font in sports and don't fix the color distribution issues of their predecessors, instead completely unnecessarily adding silver into an already-bloated color scheme. I eventually settled on promoting pewter and orange to top billing in their color scheme and a sleeve design that echoes their current sleeve stripe.

pwISwFQ.png

EokX6f1.png

Kc1CzxM.png

xLmjWVv.png

tzXitsK.png

lNHvgWp.png

The Cardinals' primary look gets a unique sleeve design that's somewhat of a cross between a stripe and a patch, based around the iconic state flag. The alternate also draws from the state flag, but in a different way.

sHIOJEl.png

QeC4y3h.png

CnRH7jT.png

ZA7Xxhm.png

For the Seahawks, I decided to go completely off-the-wall. I brought back their 2002 color scheme, but elevated neon green to primary status. The striping pattern references both the current uniforms and the classic 1983-2001 look.

jRGZ32c.png

6UFas0l.png

SyQ59pa.png

xLmjWVv.png

I7nlkvo.png

(Again, you can tell these were done in advance - this was completed before Gore went to Indy.) Not much changes with the Niners' classic look other than better color distribution and fixing those horrible sleeve stripes.

m2bkdWs.png

T4L794S.png

1mrJjyp.png

7vm3mhz.png

The Rams pretty much get the Greatest Show on Turf uniforms back verbatim, other than the number font and helmets that actually match the uniforms.

DRf7AiP.png

bJFiFO3.png

ac326HM.png

xLmjWVv.png

Archived