raysox's A-League

raysox

Good look for Wollongong. I did the crest, but I do agree that the kerning on the L and V could use some work. I assume it's just the way the font is structured, but it'd be best to change it. I do see the Twolves inspiration in the wolf, and I gotta say it's a unique look - not necessarily ready to kill like most wolf logos, but still intimidating. I dig the kits, too, especially how well the red home contrasts with the Dortmund/Columbus style clash. Nice work, and I can't wait for the last two teams!

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

South Melbourne FC
I think I've kept you guys waiting long enough! I'm gonna finish up this series tonight.

The 3rd Melbourne team option was a toss up between South Melbourne and Melbourne Knights. I went with South Melbourne just as a toss up. The team was founded by Greeks, so I wanted to carry over the blue and white stripes from the flag. Their current crest is a train wreck, so I wanted to give them a new look. I did a crest with a Fulham style vertical lettering and stripes. The gold stars from the current logo also made the jump.

The kits are basic. Blue Umbro striped kits with white socks to give it some flavor. The clash is a throwback to their first kit, which were white shirts and a big red V. I realize this is essentially a mix of the other two Melbourne team's clashes, but I went with history. That's sort of why I included as much blue as I did.
SouthMelbourne.png

Sydney Olympic

There is a team called Sydney Olympic, but you won't really see much of a carryover. The team was heavily suggested for the 3rd Sydney team. I really don't like the Sydney Olympic logo, and I remember thinking "oh i can totally use the teal on that logo. Then when I went to make the concept, I realized that there wasn't much, but I decided to run with it anyways. The crest is a diamond with the team name and an Olympic torch. it's divided diagonally like the kits.

I wanted to do a Monaco style slash before I finished, and so Olympic are the team it fell to. I copied the kits Arsenal wore last year, because they look so nice. The away has horizontal stripes in alternating colors.

SydneyOlympic.png

But that's it! That's the 28th and final team from this series. Thank you all for the support and comments. I have one more design to post but here are the logos together.

A-League2.png

Map2.png

Domestic Cups

Cups.png

So this was included in the first post, and some of you really waned to know about the domestic cups. The top two are the leagues. The Westfield FFA Cup currently exists, and is between all the teams in the A-League and the teams that qualify from the regional leagues. The Kiwi Cup would be a round robin between the 3 New Zealand teams.

But the State Cup is new. I had this idea very early on. The premise would be an 8 team tournament featuring one from each state and territory. The teams would qualify in their own state before the final tournament.

StateCup.png

Here's a breakdown of teams from the two leagues I made. Clearly the top 3 have a tougher time, but it would even out with expanded qualification from lower leagues. Just something I had an idea for, and thought I should share for the finale.

StateCupTree.png

As El Scorcho said one of the big goals of the A-League was to end the ethnic tension between teams.Bringing in teams like South Melbourne and Sydney Olympic is pretty much the opposite of what would be good for Australian Football.

Haven't replied much in response to your concepts as I pretty much know next to nothing about the A-League's aesthetics in real life, but this has surely been another great Raysox soccer series!

Everything looks great all around, and I might possibly use your surfboard crest idea for a team in my league.

Keep it up and congrats to finishing this series!

As it's been stated before the A-League operators would not allow some of the clubs into the league that Raysox has, they used the excuse that the clubs they wanted in the league were united and not based on religion or race specifically. But then they invited the Queensland Roar (Hollandia) to enter the A-League?

This is Raysox idea so let's move on.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Archived