NFL Speedflex Helmet Concepts (Revised Dolphins) just added

The Nati MacDaddy

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/26/2015 at 4:14 PM, llfhockey said:

the reason the were called the bills was because of bill cody's old west show. buffalo was named after beautiful river in french.

I have had more time to get multiple concepts out this week and wanted to revisit the following suggestion/history lesson given by llfhockey.

Here are 2 concepts for the Buffalo Bills. I must give credit to Matt Kauzlarich, the artist responsible for the logo. My contribution is only in the striping which is a graphic representation of the letter "W" for the "Wild West" show of Buffalo Bill Cody that toured America, England, and Europe in the late 1800s early 1900s. I need to know if you prefer the White helmet version or the Red helmet version.

5961bb3105ddf_Bills2Speedflex6view.png.6b916a77009b139cad2cb8549504c76e.png

5961bb3234f23_BillsSpeedflex6view.png.1b4b2dce3faa9783d4872c1be2a55931.png

Ravens%206%20view_zpstqyry33f.png

This is my favorite one so far, and I'm absolutely NOT a Ravens fan.

I love the flag/stripe down the center!

However, I think the inside of the raven's head is pretty busy. personally, I'd leave that plain and normal purple. Never been a fan of the letter 'B' in the raven head, either, so I'm glad that's gone.

Also love the matte black over the normal gloss. Solid.

I'd say the flag stripe needs to be redone. The yellow and black parts of the flag never intersect at 90 degree angles...they're not square blocks.

The pattern doesn't make much sense on that stripe. It's certainly not close to the flag.

The six-picture template is amazing though.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Some cool stuff, I like when people don't just copy what's been done, but work out other ideas and go there--even if they aren't as good as the real ones.

Sometimes I don't like the end results, but I like them here...

I'd like to see what you'd do with the CFL...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Ravens%206%20view_zpstqyry33f.png

This is my favorite one so far, and I'm absolutely NOT a Ravens fan.

I love the flag/stripe down the center!

However, I think the inside of the raven's head is pretty busy. personally, I'd leave that plain and normal purple. Never been a fan of the letter 'B' in the raven head, either, so I'm glad that's gone.

Also love the matte black over the normal gloss. Solid.

I'd say the flag stripe needs to be redone. The yellow and black parts of the flag never intersect at 90 degree angles...they're not square blocks.

The pattern doesn't make much sense on that stripe. It's certainly not close to the flag.

The six-picture template is amazing though.

Maybe he could work a little more on the angles, but I also don't think those are 90 degrees, either ... they're in an overal triangle/pennant shape and get smaller, so while they are close to 90 they aren't really 90 ... they're not perfect squares ... he just needs to emphasize the angles a little bit more.

Still, as an overall design, I like it. It's not supposed to be the exact flag itself, it just contains elements of it. The flag also isn't purple, but he changed that, too ... it's an interpretation.

Please delete my account.

Ravens...too busy. I really think just the MD stripe in Ravens colors down the center with no side logo would make an awesome-looking helmet. The stripe is so wide it makes using a logo, at least one as large as that raven, difficult.

Colts, Jags, Jets, Bucs and Steelers...incredible work! Love them all.

Colts may be my favorite.

87Redskins.png

• 2 months later...

I've been involved in other projects but want to revisit this one. Here is the request from Philly's Phinest for his Eagles team. Helmet logo is the work of an unknown artist with some of my own editing. Click the following link to see the image source. http://www.image4world.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6634

I went with a different shade of green for the helmet minus the metallic flake finish. Let's hear your thoughts.

5961bc6c9d7d4_EaglesSpeedflex6view.png.1b982dddfe082a9ee791e9fbbe85f7d2.png

By the way I love Philly's Phinest Phonetically spelled name. Here is something my son saw posted on his facebook page. I guess McDonald's employees are trained to write the first name of the person who ordered food on their ticket.

PHTEVEN.thumb.png.82874476d5eb9dd1d4396e8ef84fe991.png

I howled at this one. Very Phunny. A Phace only a mother could love.

OK, Here is my hometown team helmet makeover that uses Yu Masuda's concept art for the face and also a tweaking of the current Bengal helmet stripes that morphs into the following design concept. My inspiration came from a LSU concept helmet.

Let's hear what you think about this way outside of the box idea.

5961bea73ae14_BengalsSpeedflex6view.png.ee9b5f6fa25e905ea0f11f9b12e13bb9.png

That Bengals helmet is a thing of beauty. That's a two-toned helmet done right (unlike some team in Jacksonville). The Eagles logo is pretty cool as well, but I'll always be partial to some sort of wing pattern on the helmet. Personally, I'd love to see a matte black helmet with a midnight green facemask for the Eagles.

Guest darkpiranha

OK, Here is my hometown team helmet makeover that uses Yu Masuda's concept art for the face and also a tweaking of the current Bengal helmet stripes that morphs into the following design concept. My inspiration came from a LSU concept helmet.

Let's hear what you think about this way outside of the box idea.

Bengals%20Speedflex%206%20view_zpsfaf27h

You may have gotten the idea from the LSU helmet, but your implementation of it blows it away. Easily my favorite tiger/animal-themed helmet ever.

Archived