New Soccer Kits Of 2004-05

eddie010

Well seeing as how a few Premiership teams are unveiling their new looks, I thought I'd start a thread and post pics of all the new kits of 2004-05.

Here's Manchester United (aka ManUre)'s New Kits:

manUre01.jpgmanUre02.jpg

Next, Arsenal:

ArseNal02.jpgArseNal03.jpg

and Away:

ArseNal01.jpg

Now, Spain's Barcelona:

barca01.jpgbarca02.jpg

The trend of Nike cookie-cutter templates, as seen in Euro 2004, continues with these weak designs. Also, the unpopular centred crests are the new fad.

So post your pics, people!

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm more outraged by the sleeve swoosh on the Barca shirt. That is as close as they've ever come to having full-on shirt sponsorship.

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

SouthamptonFan69, I don't know about you, but I like ManU in black shorts.

pitt, I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles. The evil Nike empire decided that Barça needed less conservatism and more modernism. :evil:

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

I have nothing against Man U wearing black shorts, but they will be wearing white more often, tradition mainly!

Actuially those Barca jerseys are moving far more towards traditional than the last ones!! Might buy one of those if they look alright in person!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I love how they call them "Soccer Kits". Sounds like you have to take it home and put it together yourself.

Made a mistake? No problem! Put it on Ebay, call it authentic, and sell it for $100.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Man.. united and arselal look a lot alike! The O's for logos even look similar. Yikes.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I just got my $9.99 Barca home shirt from ebay (shh...). One of the nicest-looking around.

This is a little off-topic, but i wish more competitions would start using that Champions League ball (yes, i know it's their logo). It sure looks better than most of the ugly things MLS and other leagues kick around. Its funny that we dont really think about the actual object of the game, since soccer/football is the only sport which has different ball designs, and it's the one thing you keep your eyes on all match long.

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

I just got my $9.99 Barca home shirt from ebay (shh...). One of the nicest-looking around.

This is a little off-topic, but i wish more competitions would start using that Champions League ball (yes, i know it's their logo). It sure looks better than most of the ugly things MLS and other leagues kick around. Its funny that we dont really think about the actual object of the game, since soccer/football is the only sport which has different ball designs, and it's the one thing you keep your eyes on all match long.

Well, I think leagues are permitted to introduce their own ball designs.

Notable differences between leagues include NFL/CFL/AFL and the NBA/ABA.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I hate to break it to you, but Barca has decided to adopt a sponsor. :cry:

I really hate the Arsenal shirts. Man U is also ditching a great design for a lousy one.

Fortunately, the Arsenal one is only for one year. Next year, they do a special shirt in honor of the last year in the stadium, and the year after that there will be a new one altogether. So I can live with it. Hopefully they'll have moved the crest back where it belongs before then.

Youre right, but fans of the NFL, MLB, and certainly the NHL (as we know) would rebel if the ball/puck was changed. The ABA ball is a different story, but soccer fans are used to different, sometimes radical (i.e. 2002 World Cup) ball designs, but i, at least, have never seen any soccer ball concepts done, it seems like a fairly interesting subject.

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

that damn notch is still bothering me, as is the yellow piping on Arse's shirt. Palermo's set, i don't know what it is but i'm strangely drawn to em.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The notch bothers me too, Discrim... It wouldn't if it was on the other sleeve too, but with everything else being symetrical, it looks silly. I actually dig the piping, though.

Youre right, but fans of the NFL, MLB, and certainly the NHL (as we know) would rebel if the ball/puck was changed. The ABA ball is a different story, but soccer fans are used to different, sometimes radical (i.e. 2002 World Cup) ball designs, but i, at least, have never seen any soccer ball concepts done, it seems like a fairly interesting subject.

ex1: yellow baseballs in Chicago.

ex2: glow puck

ex3: XFL, the downfall of a whole league, just because they used black balls instead of brown. (maybe not) Arena's doing alright.

Are CFL balls different.

WAaaaaaaaaay off topic, sorry....

Gawd.

Will someone give Nike a Rubic's Cube or something to distract them.. so they will quit ruining uniforms?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived