New Soccer Kits Of 2004-05

eddie010

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
although i like this, last year's road shirt was better.

Yeah, those gray/tan roads were awesomely understated. Only gray-ish uni's ive ever liked.

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Last I heard Barca were in negotiations with a few companies,but never signed a deal.This may have changed since,but i havent heard any different.

BTW does anyone know if Juve will still have those pink shirts again?

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

WTF? Pink and black?!

And why aren't the commemorative stars above the logo instead of in the corner by themselves?!

Wake up, Nike!!! :evil:

aaand nike ruins yet another perfectly good style by making it cookie cutter :cursing: pink into black would be a decent idea if, oh, i dunno-you didn't already wear black adn white stripes!!! i tell ya, just like my cousin: not thinking these things through <_< it's like if Celtic had a solid green change shirt...redundant and moronic. :therock:

again, i gotta say it: last year's shirt was much better. too bad too, as said i like Barca's version.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

in nike's defense, 2 things.

There are approx. 1.000.000 soccer teams in the world. Nike supplies about half of thoses. Kind of hard to come up with that many different designs. Not creative wise, but time wise.

Also, the teams I'm sure approve the designs before hand. So I'm sure some of the blame lays on them.

Anyway, that being said, I'm probably one of the few people on the boards that likes nike designs for the most part. Some I don't, but a majority I like.

first of all, I don't think Nike does half of worlds soccer teams, maybe half of US soccer teams, and maybe 10% of all the rest. IN Premiership out of 20 teams Nike has 2, in Spain has 3, in Italy 2, France 2 and Germany 4 (that was my quick calculation, maybe I'm off a little bit). And if you take those best teams and ad PSV Nike would have to make 14 different designs, let's make that 10, so some teams can have same, and then either apply those designs to other tema or make few more that would be cookie cutters for other teams. All those teams deserv their own design just because how much money they bring to Nike, and the history of those teams that are all around 100 years old. If they could have unique designs throughout all those years, why not now? And that same goes for Adidas.

I can't say Nike stuff is bad, but just because all uniforms are the same, I'll rather buy Umbro Celtic shirt, or England away shirt then any Nike shirt.

IMO Umbro is doing what I described, they gave England, Sweden, Chelsea, Celtic, Galatasaray and Celta Vigo unique dasigns and applied those designs to other teams. My team - Hajduk Split has England white shirt for the home shirt and Glasataray home shirt for our road shirt, in both cases colors are different.

WTF? Pink and black?!

And why aren't the commemorative stars above the logo instead of in the corner by themselves?!

Wake up, Nike!!! :evil:

aaand nike ruins yet another perfectly good style by making it cookie cutter :cursing: pink into black would be a decent idea if, oh, i dunno-you didn't already wear black adn white stripes!!! i tell ya, just like my cousin: not thinking these things through <_< it's like if Celtic had a solid green change shirt...redundant and moronic. :therock:

again, i gotta say it: last year's shirt was much better. too bad too, as said i like Barca's version.

And without further ado the new green celtic away shirt!

http://superstore.celticfc.net/?pageType=s...product&id=4450

(In a bit of a rush today so can't be doing with remote linking!!)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Nike outfits a majority of the top national teams but I still think we should see more designs. The decision is made by the teams soccer federation and they are the ones to look at for this. Myself, I like the Nike Vapor jersey, it's the training shirt Man U wore last year. Even the training shirts they will wear this year I prefer to the new shirts they rolled out.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I am gonna stick up for nike on the cookie cutter thing. First of all, worldwide soccer jerseys sell far more than US football or basketball or well any other type of sporting jersey. therefore having one or two basic kit designs makes a klot more sense.virtually all the major football manufacturers do this. Umbro are an exception, (although the Sweden kit from Euro 2004 was basically the old England alternate recolored!) But then they have far fewer teams globally to cater for.

Also thre important difference from US sports, is tjhat a lot of the differneces between US spots unis are stylistic (differnet stripes, patterns, types of collar etc etc) In soccer a lot of the changes have always been to do with colors. If you look at pictures from as recently as the 60s and 70s the teams have very silmilar kits except for the colors.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

saintsfan69, I have to take issue with that.

In the major sports, most teams wear the same style uniform.

In baseball, they all use the same template. In football, they all use the same basic template, with four basic jersey cuts. In basketball, they all use the same basic template, with two shoulder styles. In hockey, they all use the same template with two collar styles.

Of course, you could say they use different striping patterns, different trim types and different colors. Which they do. But how is that any different from club or international football?

I'll wager that you find as many if not more uniform construction differences in the EPL than the NFL.

Shame on Nike for being lazy.

saintsfan69, I have to take issue with that.

In the major sports, most teams wear the same style uniform.

In baseball, they all use the same template. In football, they all use the same basic template, with four basic jersey cuts. In basketball, they all use the same basic template, with two shoulder styles. In hockey, they all use the same template with two collar styles.

Of course, you could say they use different striping patterns, different trim types and different colors. Which they do. But how is that any different from club or international football?

I'll wager that you find as many if not more uniform construction differences in the EPL than the NFL.

Shame on Nike for being lazy.

My point was more of a historical point. If you go back even say 20 years you find only a few basic templates in soccer just recolored, go back a further 20 years and you find only 2 or 3 basic templates! There is no treal tradition of the clubs themselves designing there own outfits, which is what it seems that the American treams do to an extent.

I just think the realities of soccer uniforms is way different from US sports uniforms. Virtually every soccer team of any standard can sell maybe 1000 replica shirts, whilst the Man Uniteds Barcelonas and Arenals of the woprld are probably selling in the millions worldwide every year. to expect nike or anyone else to come up with 20 or 30 designs a year and produce the volume of shirts they need to every year is unrealistic.

Shame on nike for bad design, not laziness

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

OK, but I would rather have Barca wear a jersey for 4 years and be the only team with that design, then have new jersey every year and have it the same as Juve, Arsenal and ManU. But money talks, and we'll never go back in time when temas wore jerseys till they fell apart.

Still, ya gotta give Barca props for remaining sponsor-free.

EXACTLY. Nothing ruins a football/soccer jersey (or any jersey) like a sponsor's logo.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

At the last shareholders' meeting, the shareholders voted to allow a sponsor. That news seems not to be archived any more on their site, but if the shareholders voted to allow it, it'll happen.

We can hope for a backlash, but I don't know. There is some rumbling among Arsenal fans that the club will have a sponsor-less shirt for the last season at Highbury (they will have a commemorative kit), but I don't see how that could happen either.

Archived