College Football: Nike Mach Speed (Auburn 7/2)

aawagner011

Hey all,

I spent the greater portion of the day working on a custom Nike Mach Speed template and figured I would show it off with a fresh Georgia concept. This concept strives to keep the classic UGA vibe but to also introduce some variety. In doing so, there are many jersey and pants options but not all combinations will be used so that only the most aesthetically pleasing are worn.

In all:

-2 helmets

-3 jerseys

-3 pants

-The alternate lid is obviously inspired by the silver britches.

-Sleeve stripes are a throwback to the Herschel Walker days.

-True silver pants are used, compared to the current flat gray.

-A silver facemask is introduced to mix with the silver pants.

-Red pants return from the 1980s as well as the rarely used black pants. Both still use the three stripe design, which was the case for the most recent black pants.

-A blackout option returns. One of the best alts in college. Especially because it's a school color. Georgia's colors are strictly red and black- not red and silver, not red and white, just red and black. The numbers shimmer from silver to white depending how the light hits it.

Only the following combinations are to be worn.

Home and home variations:

2gy0lqp.png

2eogytz.png

Away and away variations:

1zof9u1.png

2v12lqg.png

2vj8mk5.png

2n0m3oo.png

Blackout and blackout variations:

2hxvrf7.png

o8cn6d.png

rw72uw.png

Very nice. While I appreciate the consistency of the striping pattern on all of the sets of pants, I can't help but look at the red and black pants and feel like they're incomplete. I just don't see 3 stripes there (even though they are) since one of the outer stripes matches the pant color.

gYH2mW9.png

Thanks for all the comments. I'll try to address all your questions.

I may release this template in .svg, though I will probably sit on it for a while. I'd like to play around with it to test the functionality and also keep it exclusive to myself for a while. Though, I most likely will release it at some point.

I totally see the OSU correlation but thought there was enough precedent to go with a silver alternate. It's the only choice that still reads as Georgia. White and black look awkward. Silver with the stripes reads as a recognizable Georgia attribute- the silver britches. Georgia has also worn a few silver lids in the past. Many decades ago, they had a plain silver one, as well as a silver one with a red block G. Lastly they had the Pro Combat silver helmet.

As to other combinations, I didn't want to mix and match different dark jerseys and pants besides the all black. Georgia wore red jerseys with black pants once or twice and it didn't look too hot.

I was really on the fence about the alternate pants. I didn't want to swap the stripe colors around because it would no longer look like the classic Georgia stripe. I almost went solid red and black. Those can still be options. What do you all think? I ended up leaving the stripe consistent on all because there was precedent for doing that.

I might make a college football series out of this.

Next up is TCU. I won't be releasing all the combinations for this one, just a few. But it's supposed to all be interchangeable. I took a lot of various elements they've worn in the past and combined it into one look. The LT-era drop shadows with the new font (which is also used on the updated logo), the Pro Combat sleeve caps, subtle touches of red, etc.

Let me know what you think.

14b2ejt.png

2e1uop0.png

29gmtna.png

2wgahoz.png

2ngso53.png

Ya know hoe I wanted a template. I am making my own. I just like templates. (I make jerseys on this virtual world called Roblox)

Do you mean how? lol

I agree that there's quite a lot of red, purple and red doesn't look that good together. Other than that, nice job.

u3J7jjd.png

Ya know hoe I wanted a template. I am making my own. I just like templates. (I make jerseys on this virtual world called Roblox)

Do you mean how? lol

I agree that there's quite a lot of red, purple and red doesn't look that good together. Other than that, nice job.

I meant what but hoe can be better word than what

WSna22D.gif

YKBcuDz.png
I am the guy who loves Wisconsin

• 4 weeks later...

Here is Tennessee. The Vols look is fairly classic and uses the famous checkerboard as subtle detailing. The Vols have switched pants striping over the years between a double stripe or plain. To match the helmet, I chose a single, thick stripe. An orange helmet accompanies the black alternate to provide the best color balance.

2rfwv7t.png

5b5kwi.png

i21405.png

23ky99t.png

2jd5bnl.png

Up next is South Carolina:

The Gamecocks see more of a refinement of their current look. They've been extremely consistent for about the last decade, focusing strongly on that double stripe. Carolina uses classic stripes on the sleeves and pants but those currently clash with the multi-stripe helmet. A streamlined striping pattern is consistent throughout the new set. The palmetto tree symbol is used at the collar. Speaking of which, Carolina also uses a full collar on the Mach Speed template, which we have now seen is possible with the lower stitched seam. The blackout alternate features a throwback helmet.

97nrpz.png

2emj33t.png

120km7d.png

104hl4i.png

2reibfp.png

Archived