BigRed's MLB and More (Brooklyn Added, Series Complete!)

BigRed618

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all your input on the Marlins. I actually had time to use some of your ideas and teak the concept a little...

mia_Marlins.png

Made the teal darker, added a white front panel to the home hats, and changed the striping on the road uniform so there would be less teal to bleed into the light teal, if that makes sense.

TAMPA BAY RAYS

tb_Rays.png

As you could tell, I was so much a fan of the Rays' fauxback uniforms, that I thought I'd turn them into a real identity. That sunburst is especially interesting. It may seem simple, but it actually has multiple meanings, as all great logos should. Not only is it a sun, but it's also a slice of grapefruit, alluding to Florida's famous citrus fruit orchards. It's also the roof of the Rays' ballpark, Tropicana Field.

The only thing that kept me from doing this concept sooner was that I couldn't figure out what font was used for that cap logo. Turns out it's actually a modified version of Cooper Black, which I used to make the script logo and primary/sleeve patch. Let me know what you think.

Big fan of that Marlins logo and colour scheme.

Beats seeing them in black all the time, eh? Thanks for your input.

ATLANTA BRAVES

atl_Braves_Unis.png

For the Braves, I try out a lot of ideas. For the first time in almost 30 years, we get a team that wears a colored jersey as a regular road jersey. I also decided to give the feather logo from the '70s another chance, going so far as to incorporate it into their cap logo. You'll also notice the new colors I picked out for them. This is mainly to cull the amount of navy/red teams in the league, but also because the colors look amazing together and unfortunately there are no MLB teams that wear them right now. (Reds don't count!) Let me know what you think. I'm working on the Twins next.

MINNESOTA TWINS

min_Twins.png

I went buck wild with the Twinkies. Gold plays a larger role here, their home hat has a bit of a red/blue pinwheel pattern to it, I try out a funky new font for the wordmarks, and the jerseys have collars on them. I might use collared jerseys for other teams, depending on how well this one is received. C&C appreciated, as always.

Wow, great job on the last couple teams. The Rays and Twins in particular look great. Very unique. The script and caps for the Twins are crazy! I really appreciate that you're not just tweaking these teams' current uniforms put pretty much reimagining them from scratch.

Black and red is an interesting choice for the Braves. However, I just hope you don't plan to use that scheme for any other teams later in the series (such as the White Sox). If you decide to tinker with the Braves might I suggest pairing red with brown instead of black?

One suggestion I have for the Twins--The script on the road jersey should be larger and maybe lowered down the placket a bit. Right now it looks just a bit too scrunched up near the collar. Otherwise, I must be in the minority because I really like this concept!

COLORADO ROCKIES

col_Rockies.png

I really don't like how the Rox are downplaying the purple, seeing as how they are the only team in the Bigs right now that wear the color, so for this concept, I made their colors just purple and white, with lavender for the road unis for good measure. You'll also notice I went with a bit of a fauxback look, somewhat inspired by the old Denver Bears.

CLEVELAND INDIANS

cle_Indians.png

When it comes to sports logos, Chief Wahoo is as classic as it gets. I had to find a way to make him look more appropriate. This time around I recolored his skin a rich orangish tan, the same shade as his older brother from 1947. I also gave him a new headband and feather. You think he looks any better now?

COLORADO ROCKIES

col_Rockies.png

I really don't like how the Rox are downplaying the purple, seeing as how they are the only team in the Bigs right now that wear the color, so for this concept, I made their colors just purple and white, with lavender for the road unis for good measure. You'll also notice I went with a bit of a fauxback look, somewhat inspired by the old Denver Bears.

CLEVELAND INDIANS

cle_Indians.png

When it comes to sports logos, Chief Wahoo is as classic as it gets. I had to find a way to make him look more appropriate. This time around I recolored his skin a rich orangish tan, the same shade as his older brother from 1947. I also gave him a new headband and feather. You think he looks any better now?

Your Rockies concept is absolutely inspired. Replacing the traditional road gray with light purple/lavender is genius. I like the old school/late '70s-80s feel of the concept. The only thing that's not working for me is the angled lines on the alternate.

Nice work on the Indians, too. Your recolorization of Chief Wahoo makes him a little less ridiculous. I would suggest making the blue a bit darker though because right now the cap looks too much like what the Cubs wear.

Thanks for the comments, everyone. I honestly didn't think the lavender uniform would go over too well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, I suppose.

CLEVELAND INDIANS (update)

cle_Indians.png

This set now has a darker blue, which looks much nicer, I'll admit.

CINCINNATI REDS

cin_Reds.png

This is mostly a repost of my last Reds concept I did, with a few minor alterations. For the Reds, I had two main goals in mind... Get rid of all the black, even as an accent color, and come up with a less-creepy version of Mr. Redleg. You'll also notice I devised a new cap logo for them. Not sure how you might feel about it...

CHICAGO WHITE SOX

cws_Unis.png

The Sox have had many different looks throughout their many decades of operation, and my favorite one would have to be that big S with the little o and x inside the loops. I actually have a hat with that logo on it. For my concept, I wanted to revive that emblem in a new form. The new cap logo is actually based on a logo they used way back in 1901. Let me know what you think.

Nice work on the last two. Pretty conservative compared to some of your previous concepts in this series. Not sure I like that block "C" on the Sox cap but the old school logo looks good with their current uniform and colors.

The Reds primary logo kind of reminds me of the Pringles guy.

Nice work on the last two. Pretty conservative compared to some of your previous concepts in this series. Not sure I like that block "C" on the Sox cap but the old school logo looks good with their current uniform and colors.

The Reds primary logo kind of reminds me of the Pringles guy.

Yeah, I was going for something a little more hard and stoic for the Sox to offset the more colorful, playful look of the Cubbies.

ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS

arz_Dbacks.png

The NL has no green teams, so I figured the Snakes would be perfect for the role. The sand is also replaced with copper. I've been a big fan of their old logos from the late '90s, so they're making a comeback for this concept. You'll also notice they have those collared jerseys, just like my Twins. C&C appreciated. Tigers are next.

This color scheme is actually really nice for the Dbacks. I don't like the color combinations for the caps, though. Orange with a black brim and a green logo is a bit odd. The collar is a little funky but fun nonetheless.

DETROIT TIGERS

det_Tigers.png

Like the Yankees, the Tigers are stubbornly resistant to change. As I said before, however, nothing is untouchable to me. The home set I mostly left alone, except I used a new D, the same one the Tigers used in the '70s, that I thought would look good on both the jersey and the hat. The road jersey gets a redesign as I bring back colored button panels on the jerseys, an element that was widely popular in the early 20th century, but rarely seen today.

Just like the Bronx Bombers, I also cook up a couple of alternate uniforms that defy the status quo. Since you guys like the Tigers in monochrome so much, I thought I'd make a uniform similar to their home duds, but only in orange! The road alt features their current tiger head logo, which serves as the primary here.

LOS ANGELES DODGERS

la_Dodgers.png

For these boys in blue, I came up with a look inspired by their golden years in Brooklyn. When I was coming up with that sleeve patch, I was originally going to put the "LA" monogram inside the diamond, but I thought that would be a bit redundant, so I used a D instead. Thoughts?

Archived