BigRed's MLB and More (Brooklyn Added, Series Complete!)

BigRed618

Wow, the yellow script on the road jersey works surprisingly well. Nice decision to update and include that old '36 logo. And of course, the "Pittsburgh" script is always a welcome sight.

What do the letters in that "PCB" logo stand for? I'm not sure how well it works since it's a dark letter behind two light colored ones (unlike the original which is the opposite), but it's a noble effort to do something different.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, the yellow script on the road jersey works surprisingly well. Nice decision to update and include that old '36 logo. And of course, the "Pittsburgh" script is always a welcome sight.

What do the letters in that "PCB" logo stand for? I'm not sure how well it works since it's a dark letter behind two light colored ones (unlike the original which is the opposite), but it's a noble effort to do something different.

It actually says PBC. Pittsburgh Baseball Club.

I have no specific criticisms for any of these...I think the only one that caught me off guard was the Kansas City uniforms. I have to commend you for really thinking outside the box on many of these, especially the "untouchable" uniforms and logos. Too many ballclubs and their fans are too hesitant of even considering something different; Pro sports teams need people like you to come in and shake things up! These are really terrific! I'm a Red Sox fan, so I'm excited to know they are next.

BOSTON RED SOX

bo_Sox.png

Yep, you can count me as part of those who want the Sox to start wearing green. I figured if I gave the wordmarks drop shadows instead of trim, it would make the green look a little better. I then came up with a couple alternates designed to challenge your idea of what a baseball uniform could be. Their home alt was inspired by their "blank" jerseys worn between 1913 and 1930. There is a logo on the sleeve, as well as numbers on the back, but that's it. The road uniform, which could also be a batting practice jersey, was inspired by the stripe pattern seen on their socks from 1936 to '78.

C&C appreciated. Padres are next.

SAN DIEGO PADRES

sd_Padres.png

I don't care what everyone else says, the Padres were meant to wear brown. Pure and simple. This navy and white nonsense needs to end, and this is the way to do it. I brought back the Friar logo and jazzed it up a little. I also made a new cap logo with the same font used for the wordmark. The cap with the yellow front is meant to be an alternate to be worn on Sundays.

C&C please and thank you. A's are next.

To be honest - and I never thought in a million years I'd say this - I actually really like the look of the Red Sox cap logo and script with a drop shadow. It still maintains the classic look well while bringing it a step forwards. Well done there! I'm on the fence with the use of green personally, but the way you've used it looks good. I'd rework the BP a little, I think I get the idea behind the stripes on the collarbone area, but it's a little much and clutters up the jersey. All in all with the Sox though, good work.

Padres look good too! I like how you unified the scripts and numbers, it looks cohesive and well-put together. Great color distribution as well, looks very balanced. I'd consider a "San Diego" script for the roads, as I think it'd work better than the "SD". I don't know that I like the numbers on the sleeve either, I'd say drop them and keep the friar on the other sleeve.

Good stuff so far though! I like it!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

BOSTON RED SOX

bo_Sox.png

Yep, you can count me as part of those who want the Sox to start wearing green. I figured if I gave the wordmarks drop shadows instead of trim, it would make the green look a little better. I then came up with a couple alternates designed to challenge your idea of what a baseball uniform could be. Their home alt was inspired by their "blank" jerseys worn between 1913 and 1930. Their is a logo on the sleeve, as well as numbers on the back, but that's it. The road uniform, which could also be a batting practice jersey, was inspired by the stripe pattern seen on their socks from 1936 to '78.

C&C appreciated. Padres are next.

This took me aback for a few minutes until I got adjusted to the green. It works! Other than some small details, you're essentially taking out the navy and replacing it with the green. Definitely has a Boston/Irish vibe to it. Plus it gets the BoSox away from the over-used red/white/blue colour schemes in major sports. Good work. Again, thanks for thinking outside the box!

These last two concepts are spectacular. The green works surprisingly well for the Red Sox, serving as a nod to both the city's Irish heritage and Fenway's Green Monster while also ridding us of another team using red/navy/white. The cream alternate would look out of place if not for the "B" sleeve patch which really ties the whole uniform together.

That Padres concept is one of the more unique I've seen on these forums. A lot of people don't like uniform numbers on sleeves but as a White Sox fan I'm biased as some of my favorite Sox uniforms have had sleeve numbers. And it goes without saying, thank God you used their classic color scheme.

I kind of wish you had been showing us the uniform backs with these concepts, but oh well.

OAKLAND ATHLETICS

oak_As.png

The A's, like the Blue Jays, are another team that's hard to improve on. Once again, I'm not saying these would be better, but they're something I personally would like to see. The alternate uniform is based on an early draft of the concept. Early on, I considered dropping the gold and having the A's in just green and white, but I ultimately thought better of it.

C&C appreciated. Nats are next.

You know, after seeing what you did with the Rockies, I kind of expected/hoped you'd give the A's a funky-colored road uniform. I love it! Works a lot better than the shade of green you used for your Mariners road set.

Glad these are coming at a quicker pace now. I'm assuming you're saving your Cardinals for last?

WAHINGTON NATIONALS

was_Nats.png

For the Nats, I wanted something that honored the history of baseball in the nation's capital a little more, so I revived a bunch of logos from the '40s and '50s. The primary is a modernized version of the Capitol Dome logo that usually showed up on their baseball cards, and I brought back their block W because I felt it was more pleasant to look at than the Walgreens W they use now.

Let me hear your thoughts. Orioles are next.

Nationals look fantastic! Is the home navy pinstripes or red? The only suggestion I would make would be to widen the 'W' by spacing it slightly more, like how it was in the original logo. I think that might give it a little more balance and also make for a stronger cap logo. Great work keep it up!

Archived