NCAA Helmets Redesign

charlessollars

All I'm seeing here is gimmicky things. Oversized logos, chrome, matte and everyting that is wrong with modern football helmets. I'd say I like about 10% of them.

I'm getting a bit cliche here, but quality over quantity. It seems to me that you rushed most of these just to get them done. Take your time, and actually think about what you are designing for each team specifically.

spacer.png

Getting really tired of these "post and run" topics. They aren't concepts. Just post something, no interest in C&C, just putting up lazy, derivative helmets. Same thing for NFL. Same formula.

I would suggest he pay attention to The Nati MacDaddy, who has mastered the art of using the tools (Photoshop, Inkscape, or what have you), and not have flat logos on the side of 3D helmets... but why waste my breath.

Everything MattB6 said is true, but if you see the guy's website, he's clearly not interested in criticism, he thinks he knows it all and wants to show off. Not feeling it.

Frankly, and I mean this in the nicest way possible, this is utter crap. Like previous comments stated this has not been posted in order to get feedback it was just slapped up here, just like most of the helmets have stuff slapped on them.

I'm a Texas A&M fan and all my bias aside on one of these the face mask is the texas flag, and that could work maybe if you included any part of that on the helmet, but no you put the ol'sarge head with some red and blue stripes on the top, and so much grey. for christ's sake your just taking logos from this site and slapping them on there, these aren't even logos A&M uses and theres only one maroon helmet, plus the maroon stripes on the helmets don't match the maroon on the logos.

get your act together and actually make something thats worth putting up here, or at least ask for help, because people are willing to help, but I doubt you will read this because this is a total "slap and run" job

Sorry, feeling none of them. I have to agree with everybody here: This has little or even nothing to do with (creative) concepts. Constantly using extra-large logos and putting them on helmets isn't creative at all. It's just repetitive and plain unimaginative.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Archived