Not sure about the name Warriors or Samurai

Sidney

Hi guys, I just made a logo based on the Samurai, I wanted to do something simple, after few researches and hours of drawing. I Have a doubt about the team name, Warriors, Samurai or an other one?

Here is the result, what do you think?

Primary and alternative
logo4_zps9t2ayksz.jpg

Jersey effect
Logo1_zpsloukthjf.jpg

Primary
logo2_zpsgeeru6wl.jpg

Alternative
logo3_zpstjquukmk.jpg

hNa1bgX.png

Hi, thanks for your feebacks, no it's not pixelated I've tried to do an embroidered patch :D

Why is the outline perfectly visible, but the rest is pixelated with the "jersey effect"? Something seems off but I can't put my finger on it...almost like I've seen this before.

You're talking about the logo?

hNa1bgX.png

– I would drop the typo's gradient completely, at least use one gradient for the entire word, but not one gradient for each letter, as OliverP already suggested.

– I would also try to solve the issue with the soccer ball's pentagon underneath the letter "A" by placing the soccer ball further up.

– The initials "W" and "S" don't share the body line of the other letters. That's why the text, especially the black outline, looks kind of sloppy.

– I also agree that the logo needs some colors very, very badly.

The logo itself looks pretty good, but as already mentioned, it would look a lot better with at least two more colors besides black. You named them "Warriors", so a shade of red or burnt orange is always an option.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

• 6 months later...

Here is the latest updates

Warriorsredyellow_zpsaqpmu6tl.jpg

This is AWESOME. Anyway you would be willing to do something like this with a basketball underneath instead of a soccer ball. And change the name to Khans? (I have ZERO logo making talent, and am trying to create the "KANSAS CITY KHANS" for a NBA 2K relocated franchise) If not, I totally understand. Either way, you've def. got LOTS of talent.

Here is the latest updates

Warriorsredyellow_zpsaqpmu6tl.jpg

This is AWESOME. Anyway you would be willing to do something like this with a basketball underneath instead of a soccer ball. And change the name to Khans? (I have ZERO logo making talent, and am trying to create the "KANSAS CITY KHANS" for a NBA 2K relocated franchise) If not, I totally understand. Either way, you've def. got LOTS of talent.

I'm afraid this isn't the place to ask for something like that.

Anyways I love the logo, and the jersey is just icing on the cake.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

Archived