fouhy12's 2015 NFL Re-Design (32/32 - 49ers and Titans)

fouhy12

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Just had a thought.. For sleeve striping on the dolphins, what if you used something very similar to the wavy water lines at the bottom of the Padres logo?

That might work, the only issue would be that it wouldn't match the helmet, pants, or socks striping.

I've been following this thread for at least a month and I like many of your ideas. I'm finally catching up after a vacation trip.

Being a lifelong Philadelphia Eagles fan -- and one who never really liked the old kelly green era (which is why I never bought any Eagles merchandise in the '80s) -- I was concerned about how you would render the Eagles.

I loved it -- the "greener" midnight green is excellent, the idea of emphasizing the silver/gray rather than black is a great, sort of throwback idea to the Ron Jaworski/Wilbert Montgomery era, and no one can really improve on the helmet wings. Love the eagle head secondary logo in the green and gray, too.

Not only should you send the Eagles your design yesterday, do the same for the Atlanta Falcons -- I always liked the Falcons' red helmets better, so I loved your re-design.

I'll have to catch up with the rest of the design comments, but I figured I'd start with my team...

Thanks man, I really appreciate it!

Dallas Cowboys (23/32)

The biggest issue with the Cowboys uniforms is the inconsistency in the use of blue and silver, with different versions of each color being used on each uniform. I cleaned that up by picking one grey and one blue. The blue I used, which is halfway between the two blues Dallas uses now, is a dark royal color that pairs nicely with the silver. I also cleaned up the superfluous double outlines that Dallas sued previously.

8CKzylC.jpgdSroxud.jpgOqe1M4V.jpg

Which Template did you use? And I think that the stripes on the helmet should be switched back. Same goes for the pants. I don't like how it has to match the jersey's stripes. Darken the blue and keep the silver. Too many silvers make their uniform trash anyway.

New York Jets (30/32)

The biggest change you'll notice here is that the green was lightened to a brighter shade reminiscent of the Ducks' apple green from the Rose Bowl. This helps with color consistency across all applications, and it allowed for the addition of black as a trim color. The helmet and logo call back the 90's Jets uniforms with the green helmet and "JETS" wordmark.

LXb8iTv.jpgc8M0l3r.jpggvw4EtE.jpg

Monochrome green and white are also options, but the above uniforms are the primary combinations.

Great combo of eras, using the colors and helmet logo of the Toon/Gastineau days with the current (and Namath) jerseys. Well done.

87Redskins.png

San Francisco 49ers (31/32)

Like many other teams in this series, I made the 49ers a combination of eras with my own twist on it. I moved the sleeve stripes up so they're actually on the jersey and trimmed them with gold to add some gold to the jerseys. Numbers are also outlined in gold with a small drop shadow as an homage to the 90's team. The grey facemask has been replaced with a red one. I dropped black from the scheme entirely, in part by removing the oval from the logo and just keeping the interlocking SF.

KB4ti0y.jpgjqHtmqw.jpgiLO2EZa.jpg

Also, even though I detest the black alternate, I did my own rendition. Keep in mind that in no way would I want it to be part of the set, it's just my version of a black jersey if they had to have one.

rUNvAvb.jpg

C & C is appreciated, and I'll be posting the Titans shortly.

And now for the last team...

Tennessee Titans (32/32)

Starting with the color scheme, I added red into the color scheme as a trim color as a reference to the Oilers. I colored the shoulder caps and trimmed them with white and red on all of the jerseys. I used a navy blue helmet because I think it looks really good with my design. Jerseys and pants come in both shades of blue, as well as white.

VNBNsy6.jpgvRqDImS.jpgG59WMnP.jpgDIBqG2x.jpg

And with that, all 32 teams are posted. I have one more surprise, and then I'll start posting revisions in the order that teams were posted. I'm taking suggestions on changes or alternate helmets and jerseys for all teams that need them. I also plan to do field designs for all teams, but that will come later.

On the Vikings I would remove the Norseman from the front chest of the jersey. I also think that having gold trim on white makes the edges blurry from far away as you have light-on-light essentially. I'd remove it from the numbers and make the shoulder/pant stripes like this for a cleaner look:

JdJ4EPJ.jpg

San Francisco 49ers (31/32)

Like many other teams in this series, I made the 49ers a combination of eras with my own twist on it. I moved the sleeve stripes up so they're actually on the jersey and trimmed them with gold to add some gold to the jerseys. Numbers are also outlined in gold with a small drop shadow as an homage to the 90's team. The grey facemask has been replaced with a red one. I dropped black from the scheme entirely, in part by removing the oval from the logo and just keeping the interlocking SF.

KB4ti0y.jpgjqHtmqw.jpgiLO2EZa.jpg

Also, even though I detest the black alternate, I did my own rendition. Keep in mind that in no way would I want it to be part of the set, it's just my version of a black jersey if they had to have one.

rUNvAvb.jpg

C & C is appreciated, and I'll be posting the Titans shortly.

Normally I'm a 49ers purist and would veto almost any change involving the logo. However, I love this. I agree that I am opposed to any black jersey, but the home and away sets look amazing, and that enlarged interlocking SF on a helmet might actually be pretty awesome.

mainescarf.png

• 2 months later...

Archived