Classic College Football Uniforms

kineaggie05

What's Your Favorite Classic College Football Uniform?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm biased, but I chose the Fightin' Texas Aggies maroon & white uniforms. I like our maroon helmets with white facemasks and block ATM. I also like our simple but sophisticated maroon jerseys and white pants and shoes.

I chose Ohio State because of the colors scarlet and gray are used by no other team that i can think of in division one besides Washington State, who's color is darker and the uniform looks much different so it doesnt matter, OSU is unique and there is nothing cooler than a silver helmet filled entirely with buckeye leaves(not cannabis)

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Mississippi State, because I'm biased... And they use maroon better than anyone else in College Football IMO

A close second is Vanderbilt's Gold Unis, those things are awesome

I'm tempted to debate the "best use of maroon" thing with you, FlameOfAtl, as we Aggies "Bleed Maroon" and "MAROON OUT" our biggest home football game evey year (with a 5-1 record; with wins over OU, Notre Dame, Kansas St., Texas, and Nebraska); but it is your opinion. BTW, I do like MSU's uniforms.

Maroon Out

I don't know why but none of those really strike me...I can't figure out why...oh wait I know TENNESSEE wasn't included...but of course I am overly biased. But if I had to choose from those listed I would go with Michigan. Second best uniforms in college football. Give you guess what I think are the best. Good poll kineaggie05 even if you left off the Vols <_<

Thanks FeenVol, you're gonna think I'm crazy but I actually consciously left UT off. On second thought, they probably should have been included along with Auburn, Princeton, Harvard, Yale and Brown but.... Overall, the Vols rank 5th on my list. BTW, love your signature. What dimensions/dpi did you use?

i'm biased, but my bias is towards Notre Dame. regardless of whether the jersey's blue or green you know who it is by the gold domes :D

close second's Georgia Tech then Wisconsin. btw after playing as Vandy in my NCAA 04 dynasty their golds kick ass, too bad they haven't put a decent team out there since 82. ever since i found out GT had switched their darks from navy to gold, i been wishin they wore them a little more often (i know the white's tradition but i can wish) ^_^

then after them, the service academies. although they've all made some changes to their unis in recent years (Army has their A logo on the sleeves, and their roads have a black insert; AFA went from Charger-esque shoulder bolts to sleeve bolts; Navy's made the most minimal changes, although they did wear that navy "Navy script" helmet for one Army game) you still can tell em just by looking.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

It has to be Notre Dame from the way the spray maint their helmets the day before games to the green 3rd jersesy which are even nicer then the blue ones.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

alabama crimson tide :) maybe i'm biased, since that's my favorite college team (it's a family tradition, dating back to when my family lived in bama)

i just love the colors. i love the old school helmet numbers. i love everything about it.

I hope people don't get the idea this is a "my favorite team" poll.

The teams listed in this poll all have the classic college look... however the following schools DO NOT;Miami Univ., Maryland, West Virgina, UCLA, the list goes on. These teams do have a distinctive look, but too many of them are trying to shed some image or trying to get one, almost like they are trying to line up with the "pro" look.

With the teams listed above (I agree Tennessee should be there), those all have the Classic College Football Look. The rest are pretenders.

We are talking about the "classic" look not RETRO. Retro has been overdone - over kill - over priced $ . . . you get the idea. :wacko:

Nebraska was pretty "classic" but left that behind a few years back, though their helmet still has the classic look.

Nice poll - I like it. :notworthy:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I hope people don't get the idea this is a "my favorite team" poll.

i was scared i was being too much of a homer, but then i realized that i don't think the stars, mavericks, or titans have the best uniforms in their sport, so i guess it's just a coincidence that i consider bama to be the best in college football.

Archived