Atlanta Braves Uniform Concept

JayJaxon

I am entering this in a contest so I thought I would share here. I like the Braves home and road uniforms and see no need to change them. But for the sake of consistency, I changed everything. A New cap logo will go along with the new 'Atlanta' script. The tomahawk is gone and the numbers go on the front. I took the patch used on the current home alternate and use it over all of the concept uniforms. Double piping stays on the home and road versions while single piping is used for the alternates. I added stripes on the socks for some extra style. What do you think?

BravesConcepts.png

Overall it looks pretty good. I miss the tomahawk and the new capital "A" looks awkward.

Also, where did you find that template at?

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

I like this. The only thing I would change is the cap logo, which should be a capital "A", like the one they use now.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

I can't tell if the A is the same on the cap and jersey, but on the road it looks a lot like an O to me, at least from a distance. On the red alt, why not make the piping blue? Then it would be consistent across the whole set. Finally, I'd thin out the sock stripes to look like this:

tumblr_ll9g4lqY6p1qide83o1_500.jpg

spacer.png

The capital A they currently use is better than the one you have here. The (lowercase?) a you have here looks very forced and out of place. It looks like a downgrade change that a team would make just to sell new jerseys and caps (which, in a way, could make your concept realistic, at least.) Also, the lowercase a comes across as inconsistent because the home jersey still has a capital B.

I just think their current A looks great and I wouldn't want to see it go. I also think that they currently have one of the best sets in the league (which is impressive considering how long they have been wearing the same general look), and that all they really need to do is severely cut back on wearing the navy alts and all-navy cap.

• 2 months later...

I like the cursive "a" on the hats. I never liked it used on the jersey. Traditionally when in Boston and Milwaukee they had Braves on both home and away jerseys. I like that idea much better.

I also like the idea of navy hats the cursive "a" in all white with no red.

Archived