Hayden's NFL Concepts

HaydenDelia

I've been working on some NFL Concepts since about February, inspired by the work of people on this forum. I want to share what I've been working on, as this is my first concept series. I decided not to "re-do" the NFL, so no LA relocations or expansion teams or anything is in this series. It was simply just a redesign of the current NFL uniforms. Constructive criticism and thoughts are certainly welcome. So without further ado, here is Team No. 1.

New England Patriots

Home

Patriots%20Home_zps7smmfqcc.jpg

Away

Patriots%20Away_zpsgybz4aoi.jpg

Alternate

Patriots%20Alt_zpsdytdzvkv.jpg

I wanted to mix their current unis with the older ones. The red alternate definitely looks back at a classic look from the 60s-80s. Also liked adding the stars for a slight "American" effect. They are the Patriots after all.

I really like that concept. Excellent job with keeping the stripes consistent. The white shell and red mask is fantastic. I'm a fan of this, I prefer it over what they have now. Maybe on the blue pants switch the thin white lines and the thick blue one. That's my only suggestion. Good job!!!!

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

One thing I might consider adjusting is sublimating stripes onto the red instead of just stars, since red is only used for stripes on the flag.. Not saying ditch stars completely, maybe keep the bottom 2 rows of stars you already have, but transition to stripes above them to complete the patriotic feel.. You're good with only stars on the blue and white jerseys, but as an alternate, the red can be a touch different while still maintaining cohesiveness throughout the set

Hey man, I love the stars on the shoulders. The colors of the jerseys I'm okay with, but I'd like to see them with the silver shell. Imo the silver is iconic to the decade, so it'd be a shame to see them revert back to the white. Otherwise I love the concept and will be on the lookout for more.

Recruit_Banner.png

^^ Free Football Player Sim League -- Click Here ^^

I love this. Way better than the current uniforms for the Pats, and I have no complaints.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Thanks for the responses! Next up is the Bills. Didn't really change much with these, but gave them a blue facemask instead of a gray one, got rid of dark blue, and changed the stripe on the side of the pants.

Home

">http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/Hayden_Delia/media/NFL%20Concepts/AFC%20East/Bills%20Home_zpsk6lg4uad.jpg.html]Bills%20Home_zpsk6lg4uad.jpg

Away

">http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/Hayden_Delia/media/NFL%20Concepts/AFC%20East/Bills%20Away_zpsbi2us0ts.jpg.html]Bills%20Away_zpsbi2us0ts.jpg

Throwback

">http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/Hayden_Delia/media/NFL%20Concepts/AFC%20East/Bills%20Alt_zpsmc7gdwij.jpg.html]Bills%20Alt_zpsmc7gdwij.jpg

Next up is the Jets. Changed them quite a bit. Added gray/silver (it looks grey on here but I'd probably want it to look more silver on the jersey itself.)

Home

">http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/Hayden_Delia/media/NFL%20Concepts/AFC%20East/Jets%20Home_zpspqfhyetn.jpg.html]Jets%20Home_zpspqfhyetn.jpg

Away

">http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/Hayden_Delia/media/NFL%20Concepts/AFC%20East/Jets%20Away_zpsziqqc9yn.jpg.html]Jets%20Away_zpsziqqc9yn.jpg

Throwback

Joe Namath-Era throwback, I like the NY Titans one they did, but I feel like switching their unis like I did to the more 90s-esque Jets, it would be good to retain that part of their history.

">http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/Hayden_Delia/media/NFL%20Concepts/AFC%20East/Jets%20Alt_zps0e5flxt0.jpg.html]Jets%20Alt_zps0e5flxt0.jpg

Love what you did for the pant striping on the Bills, very creative! and the throwback is gorgeous

However, the look you've gone with for the Dolphins isn't clicking for me. IMO the throwbacks they just released with a modified version of their current logo would be perfect for Miami!

Overall, great work! Can't wait for the rest!

• 3 weeks later...

I LOVE your putting the gray facemasks back on the Steelers' helmets.

The Bills' throwback jersey should have FOUR stripes on each sleeve as well as on the socks. They should be thin white-THICK WHITE-THICK WHITE-thin white, each stripe thinly outlined in red. And the pants should have a narrow blue stripe with thin red outlines down each side. But I like your giving the Bills blue pants with their white jerseys. Otherwise the Bills' current uniforms are one of the NFL's best uniforms.

For the Patriots, I would do without the embossed stars on their jerseys. That just looks a little too gimmicky, and also too much like their embossed-vertical-stripe jerseys of 1995-99. Plus with white helmets they look too much like the Bills unless they wear their red jerseys. And if you're going to give them white helmets, I would also replace their current logo with an updated version of Pat Patriot hiking the ball.

And I think the Jets should stick with their current uniforms (just get rid of the green pants), and I like what you did with Miami's uniforms.

Overall, good work. I look forward to seeing your other uniforms.

• 4 months later...

I've been working on some NFL Concepts since about February, inspired by the work of people on this forum. I want to share what I've been working on, as this is my first concept series. I decided not to "re-do" the NFL, so no LA relocations or expansion teams or anything is in this series. It was simply just a redesign of the current NFL uniforms. Constructive criticism and thoughts are certainly welcome. So without further ado, here is Team No. 1.

New England Patriots

Home

Patriots%20Home_zps7smmfqcc.jpg

Away

Patriots%20Away_zpsgybz4aoi.jpg

Alternate

Patriots%20Alt_zpsdytdzvkv.jpg

I wanted to mix their current unis with the older ones. The red alternate definitely looks back at a classic look from the 60s-80s. Also liked adding the stars for a slight "American" effect. They are the Patriots after all.

Buffalo called, they want their uniforms back...lol

Archived