CFL meets the swoosh (Calgary added)

turbo72577

This is an attempt at a full CFL redesign. And since there are only 9 teams in the league I created a 10th to even it out. First: the BC Lions. An updated logo and wider striping are the only real changes. Removed the logo from the shoulder and replaced them with TV numbers, and added a simple "BC" to the sleeves.

Akr2r9u.png

gpGQH5E.png

Thanks, SotR.

1. I created the template.

2. I skipped the heritage jersey because I dislike the idea of any and all alternate jerseys. I'm of the mind (well within the minority I imagine) that there should be one home uni and one away uni and that's it. If enough people clamor for alternates I may cave, but the moment I'll pass them by.

Thanks, SotR.

1. I created the template.

2. I skipped the heritage jersey because I dislike the idea of any and all alternate jerseys. I'm of the mind (well within the minority I imagine) that there should be one home uni and one away uni and that's it. If enough people clamor for alternates I may cave, but the moment I'll pass them by.

Ok thank you for clarifying that. Keep em coming.

I agree that the lion needs to be more realistic, but otherwise, this is a really nice set of uniforms. I would like to see a black alternate, however.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Guest darkpiranha

LOVE the template. I think a trading card should be one of the required elements of any presentation from here on out. How cool would it be for us to be able to "collect" designs (and even print them out and put them in a card binder)?

I think this has a lot of potential. Not far off from what Nike may do if they get the CFL contract. BC's logo needs an update, and I think you're close. I don't mind the rounded letters, although they need to stand out more on the shoulders. Maybe put a stripe behind them? Excited for the rest.

qtOnrJr.png

I like the overall look of the Lions, though I've always questioned the need for letters on the helmet/logo.

It's interesting that you went with the African lion look, instead of the mountain lion. I guess one could go either way: mountain lions are indigenous to BC, but the Lion's Gate bridge has African lions. I would drop the letters and add a mane to the logo if you keep the African lion motif.

I've always hated Calgary's jerseys, especially the number font. This is a big improvement. Love the Nike style stripes across the collarbone.

Calgary looks great. Very clean.

I would throw in a throwback 3rd with the old red and silver scheme from the 80's and earlier. That would set their colours apart from the Red Blacks

Agreed, but only if you get rid of the silver from Montreal (which probably should happen anyway). In a nine team league there is no need for teams with the same colour scheme.

qtOnrJr.png

Archived