Fixing the NHL (COMPLETED)

T-ROY

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little late on the Flames here, but the black C has always been one of my favourite logos and I think it looks fantastic on that home. The red on red isn't a good look.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Colorado:

jKMqKzB.png

This was my submission into HJC's Colorado competition. I wanted to use their new dark blue from the alternate. It just looks nice with the maroon. Also wanted to incorporate more of a mountainous feel to the jersey like those from the 90's.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Every update was awesome except for Colorado. Too many peaks. Looks like I'm looking into the jaws of a monster and/or shark.

But again, you've done a great job on the rest, even with multiple versions (I liked the first Flames set you did).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Mountain overload. Even though the Avs need mountains in their jerseys, there's far too many mountains in this set. The yokes seem huge and the striping on the mountains seems too thick. I also feel like the yoke on the white set should match the waist striping. Other than that, it's a decent set.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to those who were keeping up with this thread. I just ended up missing a day and never came back to this, but I feel like I should end this off. I'm just gonna post the rest of the series here. Feel free to leave your thoughts and C&C.

lYUd7pK.png

Nothing that I do for Columbus seems to please me as a fan, but I am a huge fan of their alternate. I'm not to keen of off-white in the main set of jerseys, but it works for the home and not-so-much for the away. Basically just made an away duplicate for the alternate sans the off-white.

aok0Slq.png

I wanted to give the Florida their original look back while giving them a new, fresher look. That's basically it.

U3mwXQu.png

Basically what they wear now, except I got rid of their horrible crest logo and brought back the crown as the main logo. Gave the LA logo the shoulder treatment.

6ayhhyw.png

Simply made a home jersey to match their away.

z9XQWu2.png

Tried to make the the away jersey match the home while maintaining color balance throughout the set. Don't want to have too much blue.

EHHGaKu.png

Basically just made their alternate and Heritage jersey the main set, while changing their crest logo and getting rid of the off-white.

uU3j92a.png

Not a direct copy of the matching '92 set, but I wanted to make the away have nicer color balance. Also changed the oversized number font to the number font of their main set.

25adxlo.png

Just did their original set while getting rid of the full hem and cuffs. Kept the color balance on the away jersey and kept their current logo.

aJgPWP2.png

This is playing off an old concept of mine. Tampa looks much nicer in black, and I feel this design really adds to the lightning aspect of the namesake.

LDKjbvq.png

Made the home and away set their alternate with a matching away jersey.

PUHjKMc.png

Made Johnny Canuck the crest logo and changed the color scheme back to the '80s. It just seems like the organization has too much trouble with the blue and green. Wanted to have as many of a "V" features as possible while still keeping it minimal and modern.

3dhmWIx.png

Created a new identity for the Capitals. Made blue the main color, changed the striping to something more classic and made the WC logo the main logo. I mainly just wanted to give them something more classic than their current ugly overly-modern look.

1eIbkFC.png

I also tried doing the same thing as Washington with Winnipeg while mimicking the wing pattern of their shoulder logo.

Well that's it. I hope you guys enjoyed this as much as I had doing it.

Archived