New Arsenal logo

Wgeddes122

I like it a lot! Being an Arsenal faithful, I wouldn't mind at all this as a new crest. A couple things...

I think the motto at the bottom looks squished and too hard to read. Make that bigger with the banner and that would improve the look a lot.

Shift the cannon down an inch or two, it's a bit empty between the bottom symbols and the cannon right now...

I'd rate it a 8/10 right now, change this things ^^ and it would instantly leap to a possible 10.

Great work, wgeddes!

As an Ashburton Grove season ticket holder, I like it. A lot.

Couple things - the "ornate elements" were ermine. Doesn't make sense if it's just one. If you must have something there, and I think it's a good idea, keep looking. The Art Deco crest is probably too busy to stick in there, but there's got to be some symbol that will work.

Also, I don't think the motto fits very well in your banner. There's got to be a way to make them relate better, maybe re-draw the banner. I think your simple crest would benefit from a less-complicated banner anyway.

The second image has the team name in gold - I think it's much stronger in white.

Overall, great job!

I really like the simplicity of this.

The only thing I might look at is the way the banner is set. As mentioned by Gothamite, the way it's flowing kind of clashes with the crest. Almost like the curve isn't quite there.

Maybe a horizontal banner above the crest would do the trick....or you might not even need the banner at all.

spacer.png

For the ermine I wanted to use it, but having more than one makes it to busy and detracts from the rest of the crest. You can have one, it does make sense.

For the banner I get what people are saying. I think I might of been trying to get it more like the banner in the old crest

For the name, the Arsenal word mark is in white I don't what you're talking about in terms of it being gold unless you are talking about the old crest that I put there for reference

This is really nice. I love how it is similar to the great current one, but still incorporates history to make an awesome design. Good work.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

I understand that it comes from the older crest but the shaping of that banner just doesn't look good. Something close to stoke or west ham would be more pleasing to the eye because this one is too awkward looking. I agree with what others have said that you should try and shift the cannon down a tad to fill the space more evenly. If you don't want to do that, you could possibly try to put the banner on top of the crest in that open space.

scarvessmall_zpsc4c8e942.png

I understand that it comes from the older crest but the shaping of that banner just doesn't look good. Something close to stoke or west ham would be more pleasing to the eye because this one is too awkward looking. I agree with what others have said that you should try and shift the cannon down a tad to fill the space more evenly. If you don't want to do that, you could possibly try to put the banner on top of the crest in that open space.

yeah i get that. Im working on a different banner

Here are the kits that I have made for Arsenal. I always feel that Arsenal is a team that has kits that really dont need a lot of design elements, that in most cases the simple looks are the classic ones, it seems color choice is more important to create a great look for Arsenal, so thats what I tried to do.

Home kit- classic red and white with gold accents.

Away kit- yellow and blue kit like that of the away kit that was worn during the invincible season

Third kit- black and white kit as a throwback to the away kits that the team wore in their early years as Woolwich Arsenal

X5PMgK7.jpg

Archived