Bigred's NFL (32/32 Chargers added, project clear!)

BigRed618

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

tb_Bucs_Home.png

tb_Bucs_Road.png

tb_Bucs_Alt.png

Fans are divided on how the Bucs should look. Do they look better in red or orange? With my concept, you can have your cake and eat it too as I implement a red/orange hoop pattern to their home jerseys. And if that wasn't crazy enough for you, have a look at the alternate jersey I made, inspired by uniforms worn by the old WLAF and the CFL's Signature uniforms.

C&C appreciated. Saints are next.

Why do my poor Bucs always get shafted in these things...

The hoops are way too much and the whites are just a throwback to the last uni set. It's like you went too crazy and then too safe. I since you gave Tampa's template to Atlanta essentially I would've like to seen maybe a cleaner version of what the Bucs have now or maybe a merging of the two eras.

And please no Creamsicle for Creamsicle's sake.

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

The hoops are way too much and the whites are just a throwback to the last uni set. It's like you went too crazy and then too safe. I since you gave Tampa's template to Atlanta essentially I would've like to seen maybe a cleaner version of what the Bucs have now or maybe a merging of the two eras.

I don't see how the whites are a throwback. The logos are current, and I'm using a whole new number font which I feel is more appropriate for a pirate-themed team. They may resemble what they had before, but I don't see that as a bad thing. Those uniforms made a little more sense, at least, unless you think you can explain to me why they switched from a black facemask to a grey one.

And what did you mean by "no creamsicle for creamsicle's sake?" is orange not one of their colors? I understand that the orange doesn't go too well with the pewter. That's why I arranged the jersey stripes so that the orange never touches the pewter on their pants.

I can understand that the striped jerseys aren't everyone's cup of tea. It's just something I came up with to bring something new to the table, like the collars on my baseball concepts.

I don't see how the whites are a throwback. The logos are current, and I'm using a whole new number font which I feel is more appropriate for a pirate-themed team. They may resemble what they had before, but I don't see that as a bad thing. Those uniforms made a little more sense, at least, unless you think you can explain to me why they switched from a black facemask to a grey one.

And what did you mean by "no creamsicle for creamsicle's sake?" is orange not one of their colors? I understand that the orange doesn't go too well with the pewter. That's why I arranged the jersey stripes so that the orange never touches the pewter on their pants.

I can understand that the striped jerseys aren't everyone's cup of tea. It's just something I came up with to bring something new to the table, like the collars on my baseball concepts.

After the rebrand in 97 Orange became an accent. Let's keep it that way. But we are in agreement that pewter should not touch orange even as an accent.

The switch to chrome facemasks was to help set the team apart. The old set in retrospect was fairly generic. I say this as a Bucs fan. (I've seen on the boards the old set described as a darker/duller 49ers set) Now yeah the new set is maybe a little too much the other way (the damn numbers) but a meeting in the middle could be a good look.

Your concept. My two cents. That's all.

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

no_Saints_Home.png

no_Saints_Road.png

no_Saints_Alt.png

For the Saints, I wanted to do something to evoke the ornate architecture that made the Crescent City so famous, hence the decorative stripes on the sleeves and pants, and the fancy new numbers. I then tried a gold alternate jersey, again done in the "Signature" style, like I did with Tampa Bay. I might do this for more teams, depending on feedback.

NFC South is complete. Next I'll do the North division, starting with the Bears. C&C appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

For the Buccaneers :

Sublimation should be closer to the red they use. Enough to see two reds, but not so large a contrast that it distracts the viewer. For the alternate jerseys I'd make the boat barely visible rather than risk it interfering with viewing numbers.

Saints: Pant stripe is good but it needs more than that on the sleeves. Think of something similar to a balcony awning.

Bears: Make the home an alternate.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

DETROIT LIONS

det_Lions_Home.png

det_Lions_Road.png

When the Lions introduced black to their color scheme in 2003, it looked very odd. It looked like they tried to shoehorn the color into their traditional blue and silver look. It looked like it didn't belong. A prime example of BFBS. In 2009, they tried to redesign their uniforms so that the three colors would flow better together. I think it's an improvement, but not quite there yet.

For my concept, I thought about keeping the silver on the helmet and pants only, while using just blue and black on the jerseys, my own attempt to make black look good on the Lions, because I do want this to work.

I have something extra special planned for the Vikings. Look forward to it!

I'll avoid my white numbers soapbox and just state that all of your colored jerseys would be improved with white numbers (unless silver or gold already)..

Love everything about the saints except the helmet logo..

Striped bucs jersey actually looks decent

Falcons look surprisingly good in bucs template, except for numbers

Panthers look like a replica version of themselves, I like the idea, but it's not different enough or the same enough.. If that makes sense.. Good overall look though..

Not huge on the bears striping

Love everything about the Vikings except white pants, their currents are gorgeous, but the people facemask update is a good call.

WASHINGTON REDSKINS

was_Macs_Home.png

was_Macs_Road.png

I considered renaming them, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway. I always thought Warriors or Potomacs would make a better name for these guys, but that's another conversation...

The biggest problem with the Red Guys' current uniforms is that every part of the uniform, the helmet, jersey, pants, even the socks, are mismatched against every other part. They should choose a pattern and stay with that. I went with the double stripe seen on the jerseys since it goes best with their spear logo.

C&C appreciated. Cowboys is next.

maybe just exchange the stripe for a spear

I'll avoid my white numbers soapbox and just state that all of your colored jerseys would be improved with white numbers (unless silver or gold already)..

Love everything about the saints except the helmet logo..

Striped bucs jersey actually looks decent

Falcons look surprisingly good in bucs template, except for numbers

Panthers look like a replica version of themselves, I like the idea, but it's not different enough or the same enough.. If that makes sense.. Good overall look though..

Not huge on the bears striping

Love everything about the Vikings except white pants, their currents are gorgeous, but the people facemask update is a good call.

Most of my colored jerseys do have white numbers, unless you were just referring to the ones that don't. Also, I'm assuming you're talking about the Vikings' current uniforms, since I haven't finished their concept yet.

MINNESOTA VIKINGS

min_Vikings_Home.png

min_Vikings_Road.png

This one I'm especially proud of. For the Vikings, I used real Norse symbols to make a look to turn heads. The design on the shoulders is based on Mjolnir, Thor's hammer. Amulets shaped as this symbol would be worn by the Norse, believing the hammer protected them and gave them strength and courage.

The other symbol used, found on the pants, is the Web of Wyrd, or Skuld's Net. The emblem, nine staves arranged in an angular grid, contains all of the shapes of the entire Runic alphabet and therefore all of the past, present, and future possibilities they represent. The Web of Wyrd serves as a reminder that the actions of the past affect the present and that present actions affect the future; all timelines are inextricably interconnected. It could also be interpreted as a reminder that each person controls their destiny, and it's up to them whether they acheive greatness or not, victory or defeat, a sentiment that relates well to the world of sport.

C&C appreciated. Packers are next.

GREEN BAY PACKERS

gb_Packers_Home.png

gb_Packers_Road.png

gb_Packers_Alt.png

The Packers already have lovely uniforms, so it's hard to come up with a good concept that's comparable to what they have now. I'm not saying my concept would be better, but it's just something I'd like to see. For starters, I brought back the yellow yoke they had from 1936 to '48. On the sleeves you'll see a stripe pattern to match the one on the helmet and pants. I also made a yellow alternate, just for fun. pair it with the yellow pants, and you may have a decent Color Rush uniform there.

NFC North is complete, West is next, starting with the Rams.

One idea for improving the Bears:

Make the collar orange, and create a blue gap between the collar and the verticle stripes. This will allow it to greater resemble the V shape of the original 1925 uniform.

CHICAGO BEARS

chi_Bears_Home.png

chi_Bears_Road.png

This concept borrows heavily from the team's heroic age, with its striped jerseys and tan pants. Sort of a combination of eras.

Feedback is appreciated. Lions are next.

GREEN BAY PACKERS

gb_Packers_Home.png

gb_Packers_Road.png

gb_Packers_Alt.png

The Packers already have lovely uniforms, so it's hard to come up with a good concept that's comparable to what they have now. I'm not saying my concept would be better, but it's just something I'd like to see. For starters, I brought back the yellow yoke they had from 1936 to '48. On the sleeves you'll see a stripe pattern to match the one on the helmet and pants. I also made a yellow alternate, just for fun. pair it with the yellow pants, and you may have a decent Color Rush uniform there.

NFC North is complete, West is next, starting with the Rams.

What is going on here? You can give the Bears a faux back, but the Packers get a "modern" treatment? Not to mention a yellow alternate?! With WHITE pants?! Tryin' to kill us Cheeseheads.

2mow2dk.jpg2j2sx87.jpgscz0cx.jpgkdsrir.jpg

Archived