Ottawa Senators concept

nas1787

I don't often make hockey concepts, but wanted to try out an idea for making the barberpole jerseys work as legitimate home and roads.

There's a few big changes, and a few smaller ones.

• The primary logo is the updated profile senator, the O logo moves to the shoulders
  • Small gold lines are used within the barberpole to help tie in the new primary logo
  • The vintage white is replaced with bright white
  • The barberpole on the sleeves matches those of the chest, rather than getting smaller as they currently do.
  • The sleeve numbers move to on top of the stripes, a nod to early Sens sets from the 90s
  • Name and number font is updated to Penumbra from Copperplate, retaining the Roman feel but not as god awful
  • The collar is a simple crew neck, like those seen in this year's Winter Classic

I think that's about it, let me know your thoughts.

Mo6tm0v.jpg

I really like it, and the improvements are definitely well done, but the crew-neck collars aren't something I want to see outside this year's Winter Classic. It is only done with the old-style jerseys, and while I get these are inspired by the old jerseys, I don't think it fits. Still a really solid jersey, though.

Well done. Love the logo choices and how you were able to incorporate gold in the '=O=' patch. Only criticism I can give involves the number font. With a classic looking template like that, I think a standard block with a dual outline would be better served. Still, I'd be stoked if the real Sens came out wearing these, nice work :).

^^ Agreed, just make the collar a lace-up style and I think this set is perfect

Yes. Otherwise, this is perfect, and I would absolutely love seeing these on ice.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

I was going for a mix of traditional and modern looks, which is why I like the font I chose. I'm also a big fan of the simple crew collar. But to see what suggestions above would look like, here's an update with:

• A block font, with double stroke on the numbers
  • A lace-up collar

GfLC1r4.jpg

Nice. That 2D logo is fantastic and why they don't use it in some capacity is beyond me. The barberpole garners mixed reviews, but at least it's different and can be Ottawa's 'thing'. It's a look that has historical ties and still looks good on the ice today.

Wouldn't mind seeing you whip up a red alternate, maybe using an alternate template.

But excellent work overall.

sig.png

• 2 weeks later...

I was going for a mix of traditional and modern looks, which is why I like the font I chose. I'm also a big fan of the simple crew collar. But to see what suggestions above would look like, here's an update with:

• A block font, with double stroke on the numbers
  • A lace-up collar
GfLC1r4.jpg

I like how you made the old logo look more modern. Well done!

Archived