Yet another Yankees-Red Sox fight

jkrdevil

After the Yankees took a 3-0 lead in the game the Red Sox pitcher hit A-rod on purpose. On the way to first base words were exchanged then Jason Vertex threw a puch at A-rod and the fight began. A-Rod returned punches. Yankees starting pitcher Taynon Sturtze, Gabe Kapler, and Davis Ortiz got into it. Sturze got cut on the face. A-Rod and Vertex were the only ones ejeted. I would imagine Sturze will get suspended along with Ortiz getting a few more games becuase he threw a punch. Of course A-Rod and Vertex will get suspended. Just another Red Sox- Yankees game.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh...that brawl made me sick. Just a stupid, stupid brawl.

I just froze in place watching our best hitter, Gary Sheffield, with all his injuries and our goddamn starting pitcher in the middle of the brawl. It was a fight that didn't need to happen.

What was A-Rod thinking? He doesn't need street cred (like one of the FOX announcers suggested)...he needed to take the high road and not give in to Varitek's pathetic goading. Don't give the Sox any reason to wake up from their season-long sleepwalk. Just yell "9 1/2" and walk to first, Alex.

It was interesting (at the same time frightening) to see our starting pitcher, Tanyon Sturtze, in the middle of things, considering he's a lifelong Sox fan from Worcester. It was not interesting to see him triple teamed in the brawl by the Sox.

And congratulations to Jason Varitek...keeping your catcher's mask on when you attack A-Rod...hope you feel like a big man now.

Ugh...that brawl made me sick. Just a stupid, stupid brawl.

I just froze in place watching our best hitter, Gary Sheffield, with all his injuries and our goddamn starting pitcher in the middle of the brawl. It was a fight that didn't need to happen.

What was A-Rod thinking? He doesn't need street cred (like one of the FOX announcers suggested)...he needed to take the high road and not give in to Varitek's pathetic goading. Don't give the Sox any reason to wake up from their season-long sleepwalk. Just yell "9 1/2" and walk to first, Alex.

It was interesting (at the same time frightening) to see our starting pitcher, Tanyon Sturtze, in the middle of things, considering he's a lifelong Sox fan from Worcester. It was not interesting to see him triple teamed in the brawl by the Sox.

And congratulations to Jason Varitek...keeping your catcher's mask on when you attack A-Rod...hope you feel like a big man now.

Veritek threw the fist punch. A-Rod was defending himself. I don't have a problem with what he did.

Veritek threw the fist punch. A-Rod was defending himself. I don't have a problem with what he did.

A-Rod isn't completely blameless...he was getting pretty mouthy himself. Nothing would have happened if he had just walked to first and ignored Varitek, except for Varitek looking like the horse's ass he is (which would have happened regardless).

Once Varitek threw the punch, however, A-Rod had no other choice.

But Sturtze, Sheffield and Jeter had no business anywhere near the heart of the brawl with their injuries/being the starting pitcher. Of course, you'd be crazy to tell Sheff or Jeter as much and you wouldn't be too successful in doing so.

2-run double Matsui, 5-4 Yanks. Hooah!

Red Sox Suck.

Your a Yankee fan right? Well where are all championship rings you guys got in the 90's? None? George didn't give you anything?

Seriously guys theres a line of being a fan and then relizing you aren't part of the team.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Red Sox Suck.

Your a Yankee fan right? Well where are all championship rings you guys got in the 90's? None? George didn't give you anything?

Seriously guys theres a line of being a fan and then relizing you aren't part of the team.

As a fan, you are part of the team. You pay the players salaries, you give the owner money to get more players in free-agency. The Grounds crew, stadium maintenence, Renovations, everything comes from what the fans do.

No Fans = No Team and No Sport

You make cheering for your team sound like it's a mindless Hitler rally. If you don't like sports, why do you even participate in the board?

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Red Sox Suck.

Greatest post ever. It's the truth.

Some fans think guys like ARod, Jeter, and Giambi have pictures of them (fans) on their wall and autographs of them (fans) in an shoe box.

IMO, it ain't a real fight unless there are uppercuts and/or dropkicks (of the two-legged variety). :D I'd love to see that.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Well, there were some of that.

Brass is right about the fans but JQK was just rooting for his team against their rival. That's just being an average fan, it doesn't make him think he's a member of the team.

JQK, I'm just saying some people take it to seriously. I'm not saying that you do, but just some people do. I participate on the boards, because I have a passion for sports. Thats why I'm hear.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

JQK, I'm just saying some people take it to seriously. I'm not saying that you do, but just some people do. I participate on the boards, because I have a passion for sports. Thats why I'm hear.

Yes, but it seemed like you were lambasting people who have that same passion for sports. I like the yankees, and i don't like the redsox. Saying "Red Sox Suck" is just part of being a yankee fan, and vise versa for a Red Sux fan to say "yankees Suck"

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

You Yankees fans are blind as well as stupid.

A-Rod yelled at the pitcher. Varitek did what every catcher at every level would do, which is stand between his pitcher and the irate moron threatening him. A-Rod told him Fuk You, and challenged him to fight... so Varitek took him up on the offer.

I love Varitek, love anyone punching A-Hole , I mean A-Rod, and I love the Sox getting an emotional win. Sure, 8 1/2 games out, but this Sox team is proving they are tough as nails.

Don't threaten MY pitcher... and don?t tell me fluff you, bring it on, and not expect me to punchisize your face for free.

Varitek is a hero. I wish A-Rod a trip to the DL for his pansy-as behavior. Street cred my ass. He?s a panty-waist pretty-boy and always will be.

You know who else showed who they are? Shilling. The first guy off the bench to his teammates side. That?s true team.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I think people like you who hate they Yankees are blind as stupid.

Anything that happens is always the Yankees fault and they are wrong. Was A-Rod egging him on a little? Yes, but he was walking toward first base. Veritek did do the right thing by being in between A-Rod and the pitcher, however Vertik could have just yelled back. Once Vertik went after A-Rod, A-Rod did the right thing by fighting him.

Archived