Variations and inconsistencies in team branding

wildwing64

21 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

Not even just the logo, the "midnight green" color. Going to games, it's not just a bunch of green jerseys and merch in the crowd. It's a mix of green, dark green, teal, blue-ish, and all of the in between. I really wish the birds would go back to kelly green but I'm starting to lose hope :(

I blame that more on the amount of people wearing knockoff jerseys rather than an inconsistency in branding. The amount of forest green jerseys with bright silver number outlines that I saw at the last game I went to was just painful, not to mention the bogus number/name fonts. I know there's a separate thread for counterfeit jerseys but I often wonder whether the people wearing these are really that oblivious to how their team is supposed to look or if they just don't give a :censored:.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/10/2016 at 2:08 PM, insert name said:

This 1962 NL Official Program features the Met cap with an orange top.

8c1f7bc78150e7a1055499ccd46580f4.jpg

Except they didn't have an orange button top on the cap until the late 90's. 

Not many people will notice but I did so that's something. 

Inconsistencies aside, that is some mighty fine looking cover art.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Moot point because they're changing to black and gold next season anyways, but the OHL's Hamilton Bulldogs.

Blue H on the shoulder of the red jersey

Stephen-Harper.jpeg

The colours of the jersey invert for the blue alternate, but the H stays blue

23076200324_0182be22f1_h.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

4 hours ago, nash61 said:

Blue H on the shoulder of the red jersey

The colours of the jersey invert for the blue alternate, but the H stays blue

I'd say this is a case of the branding being too consistent, to the detriment of the uniform.

If they're changing uniforms anyway, I'm wondering why they'd bother with the shoulder patch to begin with :P

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

On 3/12/2016 at 10:00 PM, Jungle Jim said:

Kentucky has used a combination of their old "UK" logo and the new "UH" logo this year.  I assume next year they'll go with the UH full time, along with the horrible paper clip remover, or two birds embraced, or whatever it's supposed to be.

CadvtdhUEAAT4dM.jpgCajXAlHXIAIWKN-.jpg

Can't unsee bird love!

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

Archived