ldconcepts' Defunct NHL Redesign (Seals added 7/10)

ldconcepts

Here are my two final options:

TUCSON ROADRUNNERSTucson%20Falcons%20Concept_zpsxxogd5q0.p

Yeah, I know that this is an NHL thread, but I wanted to throw my hat into the ring of Tucson concepts. I detached the head from the rest of the body of the logo. The yoke striping is derivative of the WHA's Roadrunners look, and the rest is made to match.

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING

Tampa%20Bay%20Lightning%20Concept_zpscss

I wanted to add black, and a white stripe separates it from the blue. A double stripe spices things up, and I'm sure that if this was real, they'd make up something about them symbolizing their two Cup final appearances or something.

For the Open, I'm pretty sure my concepts will go like this:

Qualifying: Tucson Roadrunners

First round: Cleveland Barons

Second round: Tampa Bay Lightning

Third round: Florida Panthers

Final: Winnipeg Jets

That is, if I make it that far. C&C on the 5 sets is appreciated, as well as your suggestions (The poll can't take that many questions).

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not feeling the Roadrunners head logo, but that isn't on you. You didnthe best you could with it, solid concept.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

On 6/19/2016 at 0:29 PM, ldconcepts said:

As promised:

WINNIPEG JETS

Winnipeg%20Jets%20Concept_zpscdvbu5pd.pn

This was my first time majorly tweaking this template, but I feel like I did a good job getting this striping to fit. Sort of like the wings on their great alternate logo, the chest and arm striping is angled, military themed. The template is based on the Stadium Series template, but on the ice, you can't even tell. The number overlap on the chest stripe is inspired by the Canadiens' Winter Classic jersey.

(The HJC Open logo designed by @Bpoe96 is a requirement on the jerseys for the competition, which is why it's on the chest.)

C&C Appreciated! 

I LOVE this. A Jets jersey couldn't get anymore jet-like than this. Great job on it, and the series as a whole!

You know what my favorite ring is? The next one.

-Tom Brady

Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 7.51.09 PM.png

These are all wonderful - really nice work.

Just asking, what about the KC Scouts (aka - Colorado Rockies then became the NJ Devils)???

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

4 hours ago, KCScout76 said:

These are all wonderful - really nice work.

Just asking, what about the KC Scouts (aka - Colorado Rockies then became the NJ Devils)???

The defunct series isn't over, it's on hold until next week. The Scouts will be done!

Nyzv9xS.png

Continuing the Defunct series:

KANSAS CITY SCOUTS

Kansas%20City%20Scouts%20Concept_zpsntqc

I cleaned up their home striping, and made a matching away, with the partial KC mark as primary.

BONUS: TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Toronto%20Maple%20Leafs%20Concept_zpsi4d

This is my previous Leafs concept, but with a logo I designed before their actual one was revealed.

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

PHILADELPHIA QUAKERS

Philadelphia%20Quakers%20Concept_zps6jwb

Continuing with the defunct series, I modernized their old jersey and added a matching road.

BONUS: PITTSBURGH PENGUINS

Pittsburgh%20Penguins%20Concept_zpsqfjiw

With the great news that Pittsburgh's returning to Athletic Gold, I decided to update the first concept of this series, matching the striping. Should I replace one of my Open Concepts with this?

C&C is appreciated, and for the Scouts and Maple Leafs as well!

Nyzv9xS.png

I like the Open Jerseys. I'm praying that I dont face off against you. But correct nme if In'm wrong, but I thought Ryan said only the finals need the patch..

I really like the Penguins and Quakers a lot as well.

"This is our f*****g city. And nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong."—David Ortiz 

#34ever

1 hour ago, BostonStrong13 said:

I like the Open Jerseys. I'm praying that I dont face off against you. But correct nme if In'm wrong, but I thought Ryan said only the finals need the patch..

I really like the Penguins and Quakers a lot as well.

No, you're right. I misread it...

Nyzv9xS.png

2 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

While you're looking at this topic, which order do you think I should put the entries in?

Round Robin needs to be strong to make it through so Florida.

Second Round should be Tampa Bay.

Third Round should be the Cleveland. 

Fourth Round should be the Roadrunners. 

Finals should be Winnipeg. 

If you are ever against a tight opponent, use Winnipeg and move everyone else up a round. 

"This is our f*****g city. And nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong."—David Ortiz 

#34ever

1 minute ago, BostonStrong13 said:

Round Robin needs to be strong to make it through so Florida.

Second Round should be Tampa Bay.

Third Round should be the Cleveland. 

Fourth Round should be the Roadrunners. 

Finals should be Winnipeg. 

If you are ever against a tight opponent, use Winnipeg and move everyone else up a round. 

Hm just think that Tampa is better than Roadrunners and Barons. Also, I'd like to at Pittsburgh in there...

Thanks for your opinion, and good luck!

Nyzv9xS.png

Just now, ldconcepts said:

Hm just think that Tampa is better than Roadrunners and Barons. Also, I'd like to at Pittsburgh in there...

Thanks for your opinion, and good luck!

Thanks and you too!

#34ever

• 2 weeks later...

Archived