ldconcepts' Defunct NHL Redesign (Seals added 7/10)

ldconcepts

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Florida set is great, something about the striping behind the crest that they unveiled just doesn't work for me. This addresses it well.

St. Louis looks fantastic, especially the road sweater.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Guest darkpiranha

In in favor of the Oilers using a lot of orange, at least for the McDavid era, however long that lasts.

NEW JERSEY DEVILSNew%20Jersey%20Devils%20Concept_zpsqt8mm

I added a modern yoke outline to the home, and made the away match better.

Aaand, all 30 NHL Teams have been done. But the series isn't over yet, I'm going to do 16 defunct teams, starting tomorrow with the Nordiques.

BONUS

Spoiler

Florida%20Panthers%20Concept_zpsebwex20lJust for fun, here's a Panthers concept based on the interview that John Viola gave saying the chest stripe started out as a cross mimicking the Florida State Flag:

Spoiler

A lot of people have asked me about the stripe, did it come from the style of the Montreal Canadiens? No, it came from the state flag of Florida. That’s really where it came from. In fact, my brother and I even talked about maybe doing it in an “X” so it has always been about that. This great flag that we think is super iconic. You don’t know a lot of state flags, but with Florida you know it, and that was a great opportunity for us.

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

Your best concepts are definitely the Hurricanes and the Caps... Really excited to see the defunct teams!!!

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 hour ago, Seattle1917 said:

Those are glorious. Perfect amount of red, and stripes. Missed those on the real ones, great combo with the pattern. What if you added the unused wolf logo in current colors?

I feel like that would be a little too busy, these are perfect as is!!!

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Next up:

PITTSBURGH PIRATES

Pittsburgh%20Pirates%20Concept_zpsupo2c9

I removed any trace of white besides from the logo from this oft-forgotten defunct team. There's no colour bleeding, no more clashes between yellow and black as the primary colour, and a classic chest stripe combined with diagonal arm striping will look unique on the ice. A classic tie-down collar finishes it off.

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

HARTFORD WHALERSHartford%20Whalers%20Concept_zpsscevzzem

The Whalers arguably had the best logo in hockey, if not sports. For me, its simplicity (no outlines) was its strongest point besides its hidden images. However, I feel like they never mastered putting it on a jersey. It doesn't need an outline on a blank canvas, and no colours need to be changed on a green sweater, simply an outline, a little like their grey-blue-green era. On the away, I played with the colour blocking that is becoming a trademark of Adidas/Reebok to reference the logo, and a mismatching home that pays tribute to their originals completes the set. Pucky the Whale lights up the bare shoulders.

Hamilton is next.

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Archived