ldconcepts' Defunct NHL Redesign (Seals added 7/10)

ldconcepts

I'd buy that black Bruins jersey immediately.

I agree with BeerGuyJordan about the Wings.  I have the same philosophy about Original Six teams and also as a Wings fan.  The winged wheel is the crest forever.  The winged "D" is awesome though.  It would like to see it as a shoulder patch on the home/away sweaters and an alt.

mainescarf.png

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

Next up are the Ducks, a mix of eras.

ANAHEIM DUCKS

Anaheim%20Ducks%20Concept_zpsdkqf7oww.pn

C&C appreciated!

Some classic teams are coming next!

I like this, but with orange being such a bright color, all that white doesn't help distinguish it as a home feel. The away is great, but the home should have a little more black (keep the design, though).

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Next up:

SAN JOSE SHARKS

San%20Jose%20Sharks%20Concept_zpslo6bev0

IMO, their logo is better than its predecessor, but their orange look is too lost, so I think it's time to do something like this. It's new, references their originals, and uses their current logo. C&C is appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

All these are fantastic! Great work! I have just one small thing to say on the Sharks jersey. In my opinion, the home jersey feels too dark and heavy. I do like you bringing back grey, however. 

You know what my favorite ring is? The next one.

-Tom Brady

Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 7.51.09 PM.png

As a Sharks fan, just about everything in this set is great.

One thing I'm still debating is if the yoke on the away is really necessary, but I'd need a visual. Is it possible to see the away jersey without the yoke by any chance?

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFSToronto%20Maple%20Leafs%20Concept_zpsec8

A very simple and straightforward design for the Leafs, inspired partly by the Bruins' Winter Classic sweater and @OhioSportsMan61's use of their old alternate logo on the shoulders. I finally made myself a lace-up collar template, so you'll see more classic teams soon!

San Jose will be updated soon.

C&C appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Solid stuff, but here is some feedback on the last three teams you posted. 

ANA: I really like the road, but I think there's a bit too much white on the home. Try either getting rid of one of the white stripes (top one) or changing the colors around. 

SJ: In principle, I like it. But it is essentially a re-color of your caps concept (which I love btw). Try differentiating the two a bit and I'm sold. 

TOR: very nice update and thanks for the shout out haha

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

4 minutes ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Option B or D for sure, let's see some matching home ones for those two!

Well, the point of those two were to add some of the grey from the home, so if I would make them match, there would be too much teal on the home and not enough grey... Thanks for the feedback, though!

19 hours ago, ahowe6464 said:

As a Sharks fan, just about everything in this set is great.

One thing I'm still debating is if the yoke on the away is really necessary, but I'd need a visual. Is it possible to see the away jersey without the yoke by any chance?

@ahowe6464, with the visual, what do you think?

Nyzv9xS.png

Next up:

MONTREAL CANADIENS

Montreal%20Canadiens%20Concept_zpstlv9ko

This is the one set, even though their away is disliked by most of this board, completely untouchable. I would never want this to actually happen. That being said, reversing their home is a popular concept, but it just doesn't work. It makes the blue way too prominent. This set balances all colours, and puts their classic away striping pattern onto the chest. I really like their hem striping in real life, but for the sake of this concept, it is taken away in favour of full hems.

C&C appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Archived