ldconcepts' Defunct NHL Redesign (Seals added 7/10)

ldconcepts

I hate when people mess with Montreal, because it's so unnecessary and it's never an improvement.

But this...this I like. That's a snazzy white jersey. It'd be a great stadium series jersey, for sure.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next up (I'll also be posting the Blackhawks later today):

NEW YORK ISLANDERSNew%20York%20Islanders%20Concept_zpseti0

The Islanders have amazing jerseys, but they're far from untouchable. For a modern look, I used their great alternate logo from their dreadful alternate jersey, and used the "classic" four stripes. My favourite part about the Edge cuts were the full yokes, which I used on the away to add more blue. On this set, no blue and orange are touching, even in the logos.

C&C appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

Nothing else? Oh well. Next up:

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKSChicago%20Blackhawks%20Concept_zpsoukwpr

The Blackhawks uniforms aren't flawless, but those flaws are now classic. Anyway, I was inspired by @timberwolf's Stadium Series concept, which for some reason I saw the black stripes thicker than usual. I converted those onto the sleeves, and was somewhat inspired by their first whites, and converted it into a full-length yoke. Again, touching the untouchable, but what're you gonna do? :)

A very electrifying off-the-board concept is comming tomorrow! (hint hint)

C&C appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

I'm glad that you made white more prominent than orange for the islanders, because I feel like it creates more of a difference from the oilers, and normally I much prefer the current logo but this works well.  Also, I like the experimenting with the Blackhawks without straying from their current identity too much. 

Next up (as some of you might have guessed):

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING

Tampa%20Bay%20Lightning%20Concept_zpsvkx

For this series, I wanted to keep their blue and white colour scheme, but wanted to play up the character and potential the Lightning have without giving up the current brand. I used Michigan State's unique name and number font, and mainly built off my "Shocking Shoulders" concept, but added even crazier lightning striping.

C&C appreciated! 

Nyzv9xS.png

I really like the bolts, it's a little crazy without being too over board. I do however think they would benefit from adding an "electric" blue that could be used on the bolts and outlines as just an accent color. Great job, I can't wait for the next team!

Thanks everyone! Next up:

CALGARY FLAMES

Calgary%20Flames%20Concept_zpsxuhzu7js.p

Now, there's no black/red or yellow/white clash, and everything matches. I used their alt shoulder patch to replace the flags, and the font from the same set. To add a modern flair, I slanted the stripes on the arms.

C&C appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Next up:

VANCOUVER CANUCKS

Vancouver%20Canucks%20Concept_zps9irkxzy

Not so sure about this one. I converted their famous V pattern that was once used well and not so well  onto a more modern set. I recoloured their orca logo, using some green. Not sure what to do about the TV numbers, though. Is a logo change necessary?

C&C is appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Archived