ldconcepts' Defunct NHL Redesign (Seals added 7/10)

ldconcepts

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MONTREAL MAROONSMontreal%20Maroons%20Concept_zpsacuelx1k

If there were any team that wouldn't come back, it would be the Maroons. It was founded for the purpose of being the anglophone population of Montreal's team. Nowadays, both francophones and anglophones go crazy for the Habs. As you can tell by seeing the seats at the World Juniors last year at the Bell Centre, Montreal's not a hockey city, as blasphemous as it seems. It's a Canadiens city. Anyway, for the purposes of this series, I'm bringing them back to life, with a classic design that's still modern, with a great monotone palette that's unique.

C&C appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

11 minutes ago, CanucksFan said:

The chest stripe looks kinda wonky and I'd love to see an actual bulldog logo to set them apart from say the Maroons letter logo. Other than that good, simple set.

Unfortunately, not really a logo maker, but I can see what I can do!

Nyzv9xS.png

On 6/14/2016 at 9:48 AM, ldconcepts said:

Thanks so much everyone!

ATLANTA FLAMES

Atlanta%20Flames%20Concept_zpsna5uuymy.p

Most of my defunct looks have been classic, so I felt it was time to shake some things up. I took the colour pattern from my Calgary concept, and the side panel pattern from the logo. I listened to a common complaint from the Flames concept about the legibility of the name bar, so I limited it to one colour.

C&C Appreciated!

Absolutely beautiful job on the Atlanta Flames -- a little similar to the Adirondack Flames in their one and only season in Glens Falls last year, but better... Love the "flames" on the sides of the jerseys!

22eb89183f6e207bcbce03d4e0b1474d.jpg

As the HJC Open is fast approaching, I'll be taking the opportunity to post some more bonus concepts on this thread, to get some C&C before I send them in. This afternoon, I'll be starting with a unique Jets concept.

In the meantime, some more C&C on the series is appreciate!

Nyzv9xS.png

This is for mainly the Thrashers jersey, I would've went with maybe a shoulder patch. It's understandable with the more classic teams as they usually only had on elogo but for the modern teams shoulder patches are key.

As promised:

WINNIPEG JETS

Winnipeg%20Jets%20Concept_zpscdvbu5pd.pn

This was my first time majorly tweaking this template, but I feel like I did a good job getting this striping to fit. Sort of like the wings on their great alternate logo, the chest and arm striping is angled, military themed. The template is based on the Stadium Series template, but on the ice, you can't even tell. The number overlap on the chest stripe is inspired by the Canadiens' Winter Classic jersey.

(The HJC Open logo designed by @Bpoe96 is a requirement on the jerseys for the competition, which is why it's on the chest.)

C&C Appreciated! 

Nyzv9xS.png

Here's my second Open concept:

FLORIDA PANTHERS

Florida%20Panthers%20Concept_zpsdoudjzmk

I got some good feedback on my Bonus Panthers Concept, and turned it into a blue alt, with the updated leaping Panther front and centre. Again, the Open logo is designed by @Bpoe96.

Now, I need help deciding which of the two concepts above to send into the qualifying round, where the Top 16 vote-getters go into a playoff bracket, where in each matchup two concepts square off. Which is the better concept? Should I send the better concept in to the qualifying round to make sure I make the first round? Or do I risk it and hope the lesser concept gets me in?

I think I'll send the Florida concept in first. but tell me what you think. as well as any tweaks you think I should make, such as putting the primary on the shoulder.

Nyzv9xS.png

Here's the regular scheduled Defunct post, and another possible Open entry:

CLEVELAND BARONS

Cleveland%20Barons%20Concept_zpsdzkkzgpk

First, I found that the logo without the C was good enough, and less cluttered. I recoloured it on the dark jersey to stand out more. Black shoulders are unique in the NHL, especially at the time of the Barons, and Ohio flag-like striping graces the arms and hem.

I updated the poll, so I'd like your opinion, in the poll and in the comments!

Nyzv9xS.png

Archived