ldconcepts' Defunct NHL Redesign (Seals added 7/10)

ldconcepts

Guest darkpiranha

I really like Vancouver.  I think you can get away with making the V an even deeper angle, which should also help with the TV numbers problem.  I've been waiting for someone to really take on the V-jerseys and do something fun with them, as I don't think the problem was simply that it was a series of giant V's, but that particular color scheme and that there was nothing else to the jersey except that.  I think you can really push the limit of how much V with this overall design.  

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vancouver looks great! I prefer Johnny Canuck over the orca on most ocassions, but your recoloration looks fantastic. I would make the green stripes on the home a bit thicker so they can be seen better, but other than that it's really good.

DQdYUuA.png

Next up:

DALLAS STARS

Dallas%20Stars%20Concept_zpsyrzes80t.png

The Stars, IMO, absolutely nailed their look. Great colours, great logos, great jerseys. The one problem with their jerseys: I'll repeat it again: character. Green mutes this flaw a little, but they're still compared to the Rangers and the Blackhawks.I used the matching striping trick, and it makes the negative green space pop even more on the home. @MEANS' incredible font is used, and so is their alternate roundel logo. I find their state-shaped mark is better, but it just doesn't fit on a shoulder yoke. It would be used on the pants, though.

Nashville is next!
C&C is appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

On 5/30/2016 at 5:37 PM, ldconcepts said:

Thanks everyone! Next up:

CALGARY FLAMES

Calgary%20Flames%20Concept_zpsxuhzu7js.p

Now, there's no black/red or yellow/white clash, and everything matches. I used their alt shoulder patch to replace the flags, and the font from the same set. To add a modern flair, I slanted the stripes on the arms.

C&C appreciated!

The number font and the NOB font are pretty bad.  It's hard to read even a simple name like Monahan.    The rest of the design is pretty nice.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 5/29/2016 at 2:27 PM, ldconcepts said:

Next up (as some of you might have guessed):

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING

Tampa%20Bay%20Lightning%20Concept_zpsvkx

For this series, I wanted to keep their blue and white colour scheme, but wanted to play up the character and potential the Lightning have without giving up the current brand. I used Michigan State's unique name and number font, and mainly built off my "Shocking Shoulders" concept, but added even crazier lightning striping.

C&C appreciated! 

That number font is a little overplayed.  A lot of teams (especially college) have that font or a derivative of it.  

23 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

Next up:

VANCOUVER CANUCKS

Vancouver%20Canucks%20Concept_zps9irkxzy

Not so sure about this one. I converted their famous V pattern that was once used well and not so well  onto a more modern set. I recoloured their orca logo, using some green. Not sure what to do about the TV numbers, though. Is a logo change necessary?

C&C is appreciated!

The 33 on the sleeves looks awkward.  The 3 fits inside the striping on the front but not that back.  Seems like that would be ridiculously off-center.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Thank you for not using the blue jackets cannon logo or a heavy dose of cream on the blue jackets uniforms, also I love your striping in Arizona and thank you for being original on that one too.

Excellent!

I really like the Canucks jerseys but I think the hem is too high and I think the sleeve numbers could be moved down in a flyers-esque  way. The Dallas away looks gorgeous but I think the home has too much green.

The biggest issue I'm seeing is with coloring, not so much the actual design itself. Dallas feels way too green. Vancouver should make more use of the green in their color scheme, to help differentiate themselves visually from all the other blue-heavy home kits. At a distance, you could throw a Maple Leafs or Lightning logo on Vancouver's design and almost o one would be the wiser.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Next up:

NASHVILLE PREDATORSNashville%20Predators%20Concept_zpswplbl

The Preds have one of the best modern jersey sets of the league, with a great identity and logo set. I built on their teeth design, while keeping their music/guitar theme.

C&C appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Buffalo's road feels a bit empty.

My biggest issue with the Preds is on the home. Nashville has done a great job of building on the gold color. With it being so light, it needs heavy navy accents to feel like a home jersey. White-heavy home concepts usually feel a little too much like they should be worn on the road.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Next up:

FLORIDA PANTHERSFlorida%20Panthers%20Concept_zpsyvggdwqp

Before their recent redesign, I thought that there were two problems with the Cats' uniform set: the lack of white on their home, and the gold on the logo that didn't match the better yellow on the uniforms. By redesigning, those problems were abolished, because their identity was completely changed. I'm a fan of the redesign, but it was a lateral move in my opinion. I love every logo introduced, and I actually like the new gold colour. With that being said, I wanted to keep the yellow, and go in another direction, also keeping all the logos. This set was slightly inspired by their former jet blue alternate.

C&C is appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

I'd love to get some more feedback on these! Anyway, next up:

ST. LOUIS BLUES

St.%20Louis%20Blues%20Concept_zpsfzf71ae

One of my design pet peeves is the bleeding of white and yellow together. I got rid of that, converted the stripes to the sleeves, and tweaked the colouring of the logo. The trumpet is back!

C&C appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Archived