ldconcepts' Defunct NHL Redesign (Seals added 7/10)

ldconcepts

Guest darkpiranha

Great job on the Rangers and Coyotes, especially the aways on both.  And definitely continue touching the untouchable!  Do it until they put a restraining order on you!  I never understand peoples' fear or hesitation about pushing a design beyond a 5% tweak of an existing look.  Or other peoples' outrage about it when they do go a little (or a lot) outside the box.  This is the concepts forum.  ANYTHING goes.  Just make it look cool, which you are.  

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

Thanks everyone! For most untouchables, I tried to do something completely different. I mean, we're all tired of having the exact same Rangers and Blackhawks tweaks, aren't we? ;)

On to the next.

ARIZONA COYOTES

Arizona%20Coyotes%20Concept_zpsvlq4jcfq.

At the draft, I felt like the 'Yotes completely bombed their redesign, and thought that their simple pre-Edge/Edge were the best they've ever worn. But those were too simple. On the ice, I'm warming up more and more to Arizona's look. I tried to balance elements from all their eras: the character, the simpleness, and the addition of black. Also, I added their sand colour to the set, which along with the font (thank you @Conrad.), gives it more character.

C&C appreciated!

I love the look of your AZ set, especially the home. I've always felt like they have underutilized the great matchup of their maroon/sand colors. Good job with the logo outlining, too. A lot of people wind up muting the logo on the home.

I also really like the striping. There are really only two teams that should be doing a design instead of traditional striping.

The only suggestion might be to swap the shoulder logos, adding more sand to the away and a small bit of color to the home. Either way, though, this is one of my favorite 'Yotes concepts.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Thanks everyone! On to the next:

COLORADO AVALANCHEColorado%20Avalanche%20Concept_zpsy8pta0

Usually when someone's doing an NHL redesign series, they always hit Colorado and never come back to it again. I'm proud to say I didn't! Inspired by the snowcapped shoulders of their current alts, the hem mountain pattern of their cup-winning jerseys, and their edited font, I created a look that's new, modern, and an instant classic. One thing I may change is the angle of the mountain yoke, though. Now, their colour scheme is red = white > blue = grey.

C&C appreciated!

Which team do you think I should do next? That may not necessarily be the team posted tomorrow, but it'll speed the team up in the line.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

As a huge Avs fan, I really like that you didn't use navy in this concept. The shoulders look really jagged, to the point where it almost looks more like a minor league team rather than an NHL team. If you can figure out a way to tame them a bit, it would look much better. I'm not overly thrilled with the lack of black, but it is a tricky color scheme to balance and it's absence doesn't hurt the set too much.

Also, your Columbus set is solid.

Your NY Rangers has a lot of potential. Your white one in particular looks great. The blue one however, doesn't match the white and it throws the uniformity out of whack.

Colorado will be updated tomorrow. Up next is a traditional look that's far enough from their current look.

DETROIT RED WINGS

Detroit%20Red%20Wings%20Concept_zpsb1abp

Inspired by their current red arms, I altered their pattern to create a Wild-esque two stripe pattern to match the arms. With that being said, I pushed myself to add one controversial element to the set: their awesome D Stadium Series logo.

C&C appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Here's my take on the D, I think it should be used as an alt logo (shoulders or 3rds), but no Original Six team should (or likely will) replace their logo or do a complete overhaul of their look. 

That said, concepts are just that: ideas, and your Detroit set looks great.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Thanks for the feedback!

CAROLINA HURRICANES

Carolina%20Hurricanes%20Concept_zpszaczs

This is a very safe concept, and it may look familiar from my Alternate Series from a couple weeks ago. Their currents aren't bad, but their originals are superior. Just a little too busy. Their warning flag striping comes back onto the striping, and the both Hurricanes eras are combined, leaving a simple jersey with lots of character and uniqueness.

C&C is appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

I'll go ahead and post the next team:

MINNESOTA WILD

Minnesota%20Wild%20Concept_zpswp1lxmkq.p

The Wild have three great jerseys, and all the pieces to have an amazing set, the best of which is their away jersey. I was mainly inspired by that, and added more colour, using both wheat and white. The home is a mix of their Stadium Series sweater and their alt, which matches the away.

C&C appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

On 14 May 2016 at 8:40 AM, ldconcepts said:

The Jackets will be next. Anyway, today the Caps are up.

WASHINGTON CAPITALSWashington%20Capitals%20Concept_zpsrk8qe

This is a modern/classic concept that brings the superior Weagle mark in as their new primary. This is a pretty safe concept, but I think it works well, solving all the colour balancing/red-blue bleeding issues. C&C is appreciated: should I add more stars?

Yeah I like this I actually no offence,hate the capitals old logo so I think this would be a real good change

image.jpgimage.pngimage.pngGo the Blue Jays!And New Zealand!

image.png

On 14 May 2016 at 8:40 AM, ldconcepts said:

The Jackets will be next. Anyway, today the Caps are up.

WASHINGTON CAPITALSWashington%20Capitals%20Concept_zpsrk8qe

This is a modern/classic concept that brings the superior Weagle mark in as their new primary. This is a pretty safe concept, but I think it works well, solving all the colour balancing/red-blue bleeding issues. C&C is appreciated: should I add more stars?

Yeah like this

image.jpgimage.pngimage.pngGo the Blue Jays!And New Zealand!

image.png

Thanks for the C&C!
On to the next:

BOSTON BRUINS

Boston%20Bruins%20Concept_zps8pg9u3xy.pn

Inspired by the spokes on an old logo, I changed up the striping on both jerseys, while keeping the overall feel. I recoloured the home logo to match that logo, but I like the shape of the modern logo better.

C&C appreciated!

Which team should I do next?

Nyzv9xS.png

4 hours ago, Seattle1917 said:

Love the Avalanche concept, bring nostalgia of the Sakic days with thr new. Great choice on the color scheme. The Red Wings concept would make a great third. Would love to see the Nucks next!

I'll try to get that one in the rotation for the next couple days.

Nyzv9xS.png

Archived