ldconcepts' Defunct NHL Redesign (Seals added 7/10)

ldconcepts

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HAMILTON TIGERSHamilton%20Tigers%20Concept_zpsaxpjzplc.

A tough thing on this concept was to distance the Tigers from the Bruins, so to do that I kept yellow as their primary colour. The arm shoulder treatment is based off the last sweaters the team wore, to not clutter up the sleeves (this concept is an update of an old one).

(I think Adidas would like this design :P)

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

23 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

HARTFORD WHALERSHartford%20Whalers%20Concept_zpsscevzzem

The Whalers arguably had the best logo in hockey, if not sports. For me, its simplicity (no outlines) was its strongest point besides its hidden images. However, I feel like they never mastered putting it on a jersey. It doesn't need an outline on a blank canvas, and no colours need to be changed on a green sweater, simply an outline, a little like their grey-blue-green era. On the away, I played with the colour blocking that is becoming a trademark of Adidas/Reebok to reference the logo, and a mismatching home that pays tribute to their originals completes the set. Pucky the Whale lights up the bare shoulders.

Hamilton is next.

C&C Appreciated!

This set is a thing of beauty. I'm not a huge fan of the shoulder whales, but that is such a minor gripe. 

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Hamilton's are awesome.

I tried something similar awhile back for the Jets for a Heritage Classic sweater...yours turned out much nicer. Great balance of colours, it's simple but looks sharp.

I'd like to see what you could do for an alternate for them.

Hartford's white is perfect. The green one is great too, but that white one is unreal.

Thanks so much everyone!

ATLANTA FLAMES

Atlanta%20Flames%20Concept_zpsna5uuymy.p

Most of my defunct looks have been classic, so I felt it was time to shake some things up. I took the colour pattern from my Calgary concept, and the side panel pattern from the logo. I listened to a common complaint from the Flames concept about the legibility of the name bar, so I limited it to one colour.

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

7 minutes ago, CanucksFan said:

I love the clean jerseys but the logos outlines don't match. Just clean up the outlines on the logo and it's perfect!

I've always found that the actual logo is the outline of the A, not the fill, if you know what I mean.

Nyzv9xS.png

The Rockies will be posted later today, but here's a bonus Las Vegas concept!

Las%20Vegas%20Black%20Knights%20Concept_

With rumours flying around about the Vegas expansion team, I decided to make a modern concept that would fit into today's NHL. Like my bonus Panthers concept which was inspired by the Florida flag, this one's inspired by the Vegas flag. I used the reported colours which would be back in the mix now that Pittsburgh's going to Athletic Gold. Doesn't it make sense for a Vegas team to own Vegas Gold? All signs point to the team name of Black Knights, so I edited one of their former logos into a shield. The gambling theme doesn't take center stage, but Reebok's hanger effect houses the four suits.

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

3 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

The Rockies will be posted later today, but here's a bonus Las Vegas concept!

Las%20Vegas%20Black%20Knights%20Concept_

With rumours flying around about the Vegas expansion team, I decided to make a modern concept that would fit into today's NHL. Like my bonus Panthers concept which was inspired by the Florida flag, this one's inspired by the Vegas flag. I used the reported colours which would be back in the mix now that Pittsburgh's going to Athletic Gold. Doesn't it make sense for a Vegas team to own Vegas Gold? All signs point to the team name of Black Knights, so I edited one of their former logos into a shield. The gambling theme doesn't take center stage, but Reebok's hanger effect houses the four suits.

C&C Appreciated!

Looks good I like how the diagonal strip was implemented I've actually had the idea in mind for a while to be honest

Again, thanks for the feedback!

COLORADO ROCKIES

Colorado%20Rockies%20Concept_zpspysdex21

Their old logo is still the primary, but only appears on the pants and helmet, not the jerseys. Why? The jersey is basically the logo. The logo on the chest is pulled from the primary, and the chest stripe comes with it. At the top, a mountain pattern mimicking the top of the triangle is there, with the hem and cuffs matching.

C&C appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Archived