itsmecon

appropriate name for Vancouver based NBA team.

Hello all ,

I am currently designing a logo for a Vancouver based NBA team and I need some ideas on teams names and icons relevant to Vancouver, if anyone has any ideas that would be great.

I wish when the Grizzlies left, they were renamed in Memphis. Yes, it's just a nickname,don't get me wrong, it sounds good; but it just doesn't with the city located in the southeast US . Then again, there are no Lions and Tigers in Detroit either...except in the Zoo. 

Edited by Tygers09
Missing word

Alas, except for relocations, we're now in an era where team names will always be indicative of the area.  Detroit would never be the Lions today.  This is both good and bad.  Good for thematical design. Bad because it stifles creativity.  High schools and lower can still do whatever they want regardless of area theming, though.

6 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

Alas, except for relocations, we're now in an era where team names will always be indicative of the area.  Detroit would never be the Lions today.  This is both good and bad.  Good for thematical design. Bad because it stifles creativity.  High schools and lower can still do whatever they want regardless of area theming, though.

To be fair, the Lions' name was indicative of the area. They picked the name because it fit with the Tigers - who, in turn, were named after the Detroit Light Guard (who were commonly referred to as "The Tigers").

Admirals, Blizzard, Lumberjacks, Ospreys, Beavers, Foxes, Chiefs, Orcas or Moose? 

Brigade - After the 39 Canadian Brigade

Highlanders

86'ers - City incorporated in 1886

Blaze - Great Vancouver Fire in 1886

Totems

The Vancouver Reign? Double meaning with rain. Symbol could be a moose since they look like they have a crown.

The Vancouver Grizzlies right after the current team goes back to being called the Memphis Sounds.  Problem solved :)

Now if we can get Utah to let go of the "Jazz" moniker...

Kodiak's has a nice ring to it.... Kodiak's vs Grizzlies- Battle of the big bears...   Now the team colors?

Remember that topics in the Concepts forum must actually, well, have a design in them.