2016 MLB All-Star Game Caps

MJD7

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

If you could find a template for a pillbox cap, it would be cool to see you do something like this for last year's Reds-themed All-Star Game caps.

I really like the ones that leaked before the game in 2015, the ones that turned out to be fake. I honestly don't think I could do any better than those

Here's something just for fun though. Throwback versions of each of the hats, if MLB were to go crazy for the game this year. I have a feeling most people here will either love or hate these

All-Star Game Hats Throwback - Copy.png

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those look great. A few comments:

- Cards, Phils, A's, Cubs, Reds, and Mariners are the best of the bunch!

- I like the throwback colors on the D-Backs but the purple lettering is very hard to read on the teal background.

- Why the powder blue on the Yankees cap? Same for the green on the Rockies cap.

- I like this Red Sox cap better than the first one you posed. The red letters on a navy background works better than the other way around.

- For the White Sox cap, I'd replace the "Sox" logo on the side with the batterman.

On 6/23/2016 at 7:15 PM, coco1997 said:

- Why the powder blue on the Yankees cap? Same for the green on the Rockies cap.

The green for the Rockies was inspired by their very own All-Star Game logo, which was the only way I could make it look a little bit more 90s.

15 hours ago, mee said:

Why does the Yankee retro have red on it?

The blue and red in the Yankees hat was inspired solely by this logo, I thought it made it feel somewhat 50s-like, just to change things up. In all honesty the throwback hats were only supposed to be a hypothetical, just for fun.

15 hours ago, mee said:

Why don't the Astros have a true retro?

What do you mean by true retro?

15 hours ago, Spanna65 said:

It'd be really cool if for the ASG you had a monogram for every specific team like San Diego's on all the hats. Would be a nice little tribute.

Honestly that's a pretty cool idea, I hadn't thought of that. The only problem I'd have with it is that it would take away that extra individuality that every hat has, it might look a little too "templeted" I guess.

It seemed like the Yankees hat caused a little bit of a stir, so if anybody would like to see that changed along with a couple of other adjustments I would be happy to do so.

Also, for the "modern" version, should I add contrasting eyelets to make it look more like this?

4 hours ago, mee said:

You used the current logo and color scheme.

You could use this or this or this or this for the Astros retro...

The logo is current, yes, but so are all of the others. It was intended to be a faux-back sort of thing.

The colors are actually the original shades, however. The wordmark is even colored in a way to mimic the "tequila sunrise" jerseys by going yellow/orange/red from inside to out.

16 hours ago, MJD7 said:

The colors are actually the original shades, however. The wordmark is even colored in a way to mimic the "tequila sunrise" jerseys by going yellow/orange/red from inside to out.

Sorry! Guess it was too subtle for me to notice!

17 hours ago, StaatsBrett said:

Very good  I really  like these hats send the to the mlb!

I appreciate it! If only my computer skills were better to more accurately portray this, but oh well.

2 hours ago, mee said:

Sorry! Guess it was too subtle for me to notice!

It's fine! No hard feelings! I can take the shadow off of the "H" if you want, to make it more like the old logo.

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I still think you should change the logo on the side of the throwback White Sox cap to the batterman if you're trying to mimic the mid '80s look.

If I change the White Sox logo, then I would have to change all of the other newer logos as well. The concept was intended to just be for fun, as opposed to the real, modern one.

Also, who all thinks I should add the contrasting eyelets to the real concept? Any other comments or criticisms?

25 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

If I change the White Sox logo, then I would have to change all of the other newer logos as well. The concept was intended to just be for fun, as opposed to the real, modern one.

Fair enough. :)

6 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Fair enough. :)

My apologies. In all honesty, it would be difficult for me to do so anyway, just because of the angle the logo faces.

Do you have any other suggestions for the real concept?

10 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

My apologies. In all honesty, it would be difficult for me to do so anyway, just because of the angle the logo faces.

Do you have any other suggestions for the real concept?

Contrasting eyelets would probably look pretty cool. 

Nice. The only thing I'd change is to have less teams using white/grey as the front panel.

Nats:Swap the Blue and the Gray.

Blue Jays: Red back and Blue front

Angles:Blue back and Red front

Indians:Swap Red and White

Cubs: Swap red and grey.

Dodgers: Swap red and frey

This way only the Yankees and White Sox have white and grey.

1 hour ago, mee said:

Nice. The only thing I'd change is to have less teams using white/grey as the front panel.

Thanks. I'm not sure how I feel about these, but here you go...

1 hour ago, mee said:

Nats:Swap the Blue and the Gray.

Nationals post.png

1 hour ago, mee said:

Blue Jays: Red back and Blue front

For the Jays, I felt the need to add a version w/ dark blue in the back, because I don't think their uniform supports enough red to make the hat red.

Blue Jays post.png

1 hour ago, mee said:

Angles:Blue back and Red front

Angels post.png

1 hour ago, mee said:

Indians:Swap Red and White

Indians post.png

1 hour ago, mee said:

Cubs: Swap red and grey.

Cubs post.png

1 hour ago, mee said:

Dodgers: Swap red and frey

Dodgers post.png

I definitely get what you're saying about trying to avoid white and gray, but idk.. One thing that I found interesting about the original is that none of the teams had the same front/back/piping color combination. Doing this would eliminate some white and gray, which is good (making it more like the Padres), but would also cause some repeats of colors. I tried to compromise a bit.

But idk, maybe that's just me. Let me know what you all think!

1 hour ago, JMtexan09 said:

you could at least trying to put pinstripes on yankees' cap and see how it goes

Well, the intention of the concept is for all of the other teams to somewhat honor the history of the Padres, not really for the Yankees to differentiate themselves from the rest, if that makes sense.

Archived