"Throw-Back" Unis

JamesCraven

It is time for the "Throw-Back" segment of the board, as in "What 'Retro' uniform would you throw back?"

Mine would have to be the Shiitake mushroom-load of the three Pirates uniforms this past weekend (July 23-25). Any others?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I heartily reject these throw-up uniforms

all the Pirates choices

Orioles orange

Twins powder blue

Padres rainbows

Astros rainbows

Indians red

A's yellows

I liked the following:

Reds 70s/80s

Orioles late 60s/70s vests

Braves late 60s/70s

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

To paraphrase Randal Graves (of Clerks fame):

Randal: You know what I could do without? I could do without retro uniforms.

Dante: Which ones?

Randal: All of them...

QPR%20Sig.png

you can't forget those awful Cleveland Indians retros from the 70's. along the same note, the Pistons from the early 80's (wierd font and everything) were horrible too

you can't forget those awful Cleveland Indians retros from the 70's. along the same note, the Pistons from the early 80's (wierd font and everything) were horrible too

You mean the Killer Tomatoes Uni's AKA Blood Clot Uni's and the Pistons with the thunder underlining the word PISTONS?

The pistons uni's aren't as bad as the Teal Pistons. But the Indians must go!!!!

I think retros are overused at the moment IMO. If I were the MLB I woiuld have a 'retro' weekend every year or every few years, from a specific era, and leave it at that! Newer teams could design throwback style unis (as in the traditional Saintsfan Challenges) other than that stop it with the tretro thing already!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

the Cubs got a novel concept-they simply give 100 throwbacks away to random fans rather than actually wear em :hockeysmiley: from memory, they've handed out 1908 homes, 1989 Greg Maddux homes, 1979 Bill Buckner roads and a 1984 Ryno (i think; i'm sure of the first three)

that said, i don't mind if it's done tastefully (i.e. Brewers-once or twice a year). Heck, I don't mind it when the Brew wear the Braves uniforms for Milwaukee Braves day. That's unique, and i'm gonna put it like this: the only other US team i figure would do this would be the Ravens-and that's not likely.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The New York Jets need to mothball the "Back to the Future" throwbacks they have been using since 1988. Those uniforms are of another era, when Joe willie Namath guaranteed a victory over the Colts in SB III. See my post from yesterday (28 July) about the Women's pro football teams logos, and you will see why the Jets need a new logo!

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

"Though we haven't seen them used as a throwback uni yet, can I conditionally throw back the Phillies all-burgundy uniform?"

Why not?

"HATED IT!"

-"Men On...", In Living Color, 1989.

While we're at it, what about the '74 Rangers duds?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Archived