12 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

The Rays look awesome! I really like the emphasis on Columbia blue, especially on the home wordmark. I'm not sold on that name and number font style, but I understand your reasoning for doing so.

I hope you reconsider my idea for that Cards alt at some point, as I think it could turn out really cool.

Thank you!

As for the Cards alt, I'd be happy to show you what it looks like:

St. Louis Cardinals Alternate Proposal.png

I'm just pretty confident that I don't want to incorporate it into the set, is all.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely like the emphasis on the Columbia blue. And I also second the motion of you reconsidering the Cards alt idea.

Back to Tampa, I get the reason for the unique font...but I don't think the Rays have a strong font, so the numbers aren't doing it for me, MHO. I have an idea for TB...what if you used the blue they had during the green era? I think that blue with the Columbia blue would set them apart...especially in the AL East.

image.png

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

This looks fantastic!

If you'll indulge me for a sec, I think it would look even better if you 1) dropped the front numbers (just to distinguish it from the Nats alt, and 2) took @Paul Lucas's suggestion of making the piping navy/white/navy.

1 hour ago, Paul Lucas said:

Yes and Yes.

Here you go:

St. Louis Cardinals Alternate Proposal.png

19 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Also, you gotta do a 'TAMPA' or a 'TAMPA BAY' or even a 'TB' road. 

4 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I forget to mention this in my original feedback on the Rays, but I agree with @Paul Lucas that at least one of those jerseys should probably say "TAMPA" or "TB" on it.

Like so?

Tampa Bay Rays Alternate 2 Proposal.png

4 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Fanastic! What an upgrade over their current look.

Let's see the Rangers!

Let's do it!

Logos

Texas Rangers Logos.png

-I decided to make the primary their alternate logo from '94-'02. It's unique, creative, still fits in the brand, and looks fittingly like a sheriff's badge.

-Some people don't seem to like the Rangers switching between red and blue, but I don't mind, as long as they keep good balance. I decided to keep both the red and blue hats, as well as both jerseys.

-Yes, every jersey says "Texas." None of the "Rangers" wordmarks had two outlines like I would've wanted. However, I did something on the uniforms that might sort of make up for it...

-The away has a slight brown/dust-colored tint to it, using the shades seen in the primary logo. It gives more of a Western/worn-out feel to the uniform, while not being too radical a change.

Uniforms

Texas Rangers Home.pngTexas Rangers Away.pngTexas Rangers Alternate 1.pngTexas Rangers Alternate 2.png

-A lot of teams have patches on their sleeves, either to showcase a certain logo or to commemorate an event. However, I have also seen some teams put patches on their chest, above the wordmark, on occasion. In making this, I figured why not take that idea to the next level, and put the primary logo as a patch not on the sleeve, but on the heart, in order to mimic an actual sheriff's badge? (As a little bonus, since the primary patch says "Rangers," that gives good reason to have the jerseys say "Texas," so there is no redundancy.) 

-The two stripes on the sleeves have been separated to mimic the wordmarks.

-As long as all of the accessories match, they can be worn with any jersey. Personally, I think a red hat/undershirt/belt/socks with the blue jersey combo could be unique to the Rangers and look good as well.

Any comments on the Rangers would be appreciated! Or if you want to comment on the Rays or anything else, that's cool too!

The sheriff's badge idea is really clever! Great way to justify using "TEXAS" on every jersey. The difference in the gray on the road jersey might be too subtle for me to notice, but I like the thinking behind it.

EDIT: The difference in the road uni color was more noticeable on my phone than on my desktop here at work. Looks good!

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

The sheriff's badge idea is really clever! Great way to justify using "TEXAS" on every jersey. The difference in the gray on the road jersey might be too subtle for me to notice, but I like the thinking behind it.

EDIT: The difference in the road uni color was more noticeable on my phone than on my desktop here at work. Looks good!

Thank you! Yea, I never intended for the gray to be too noticeable, just enough to be a nice little touch.

1 hour ago, Victormrey said:

Great designs for the Rangers! I really like the primary logo you've used and its positioning. How about keeping the Texas flag on the sleeve? I guess fans may like it.

Thanks! I almost did put the flag patch on the sleeve, but I held against it just because it would seem to go against the idea of having a chest patch. Maybe I'll add it back on later, I'll have to see.

1 hour ago, Paul Lucas said:

You definitely gotta have the 'Rangers' script somewhere. 

I know this probably won't be a satisfying enough answer, but it kind of *is* on every jersey.. Just on the front patch. I would've put "Rangers" on one of the jerseys if one of their old logos had a double outline for me to use. However, not being able to use a Rangers wordmark actually opened the door for me to incorporate the badge idea, which I'd hope would solve both issues. All of the jerseys, this way, actually say both "Texas" and "Rangers" on them. Having one that says Rangers twice to me would be somewhat redundant.

Archived