• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/20/2016 at 8:52 PM, MJD7 said:

Well, I figured since the Twins didn't bring much new content with them, I might as well post the Mets as an extra team for today!

Logos

New York Mets Logos.png

-Primary logo remains the same. If it wasn't already, I think their logo is starting to become one of the best in baseball.

-One cap logo for now, the orange 'NY' on a blue background. I might add a cap with an orange bill and white outline for the alternate, let me know if you guys think I should.

-Home and alternate wordmarks stay the same, but the road is where we see some changes. I went back to the 1987 script because I personally like it more, it matches the home script better, and it looks less like a Red Sox wordmark.

Uniforms

New York Mets Home.pngNew York Mets Away.pngNew York Mets Alternate.png

-The racing pinstripes are on all of the Mets' uniforms, and are now the Mets' "thing."

-Other than that, the home stays relatively the same, a white jersey with blue pinstripes.

-The big blue collar around the neck of the jersey on the racing stripes has been removed, just because I think it makes it look like the jersey is too big.

-The away sees the removal of the headspoon and sleeve piping, replaced by the racing stripes. The new script replaces the old wordmark.

-The blue alternate is basically the same besides the racing stripes in place of piping. The color order of the racing stripes matches the script and numbers on all jerseys.

Comments on this, the Twins, or really anything else are welcome!

Love the Mets!!!

22 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

To be honest, a lot of the suggestions we've been making aren't really necessary, just alternate ideas. If you want to keep the Yankees' current look as is, I'm fine with that. 

That's pretty much what I gear towards. Even if the Yankees' look wasn't a "classic" one, it's still hard to find anything worth changing.

21 minutes ago, New York's Greatest said:

Love the Mets!!!

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Have the Yankees ever worn stripes on their socks?

To answer your question, they have. Granted, this was before they were officially called the "Yankees," so I'm not sure if that even counts.

Assuming you're going to leave the Bombers as is, I'm looking forward to the A's!

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

To answer your question, they have. Granted, this was before they were officially called the "Yankees," so I'm not sure if that even counts.

Assuming you're going to leave the Bombers as is, I'm looking forward to the A's!

1 hour ago, Paul Lucas said:

image.gif

as the "Highlanders."

Well, since they haven't worn striped socks as the Yankees, I'm probably just going to leave it as is.

On to the A's!

Logos

Oakland Athletics Logos.png

-Primary logo stays the same. Green & Yellow is an amazing yet underrated color combo.

-The cap logos go back to being the plain white "A's" logo and the yellow one, as I thought those were the two that looked best.

-Home, away, and yellow alternate logos stay the same, but the green jersey reverts back to the yellow "Athletics" wordmark with a white outline.

Uniforms

Oakland Athletics Home.pngOakland Athletics Away.pngOakland Athletics Alternate 1.pngOakland Athletics Alternate 2.png

-I love the Northwestern stripes on the 70's A's uniforms, but I also love the plainness of today's uniforms, so I did my best to combine both elements. The Northwestern stripes are present on the sleeves, but the triple piping is not around the neck or on the pants.

-Home and away otherwise stay relatively the same, with the road returning to the plain green cap with the yellow "A's."

-The yellow alternate still features the green A's logo on the front, but with the Northwestern stripes on the sleeves.

-The green alternate looks like the one of the 2000's, with the stripes added on the sleeves.

-The socks have the Northwestern pattern, to establish one sock as the main for the team.

C + C is appreciated!

The A's look great! The Northwestern stripes are a nice idea. One small nitpick: The white on the sleeves of the yellow alternate should probably be yellow. The white clashes with the NW stripe pattern on the socks. This tweak would also make the jersey more consistent with the original jersey on which it's based. 

P.S. Congrats on getting through 2/3 of the league. Keep it up!

17 hours ago, coco1997 said:

The A's look great! The Northwestern stripes are a nice idea. One small nitpick: The white on the sleeves of the yellow alternate should probably be yellow. The white clashes with the NW stripe pattern on the socks. This tweak would also make the jersey more consistent with the original jersey on which it's based. 

P.S. Congrats on getting through 2/3 of the league. Keep it up!

Oh man, haha for some reason I thought the original yellow version did have the middle stripes white, that's my bad. Here is an updated version:

Oakland Athletics Alternate 1.png

39 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

Pants stripe?

I think if I added a pants stripe, then I'd probably have to add a collar stripe, which to me would look too cluttered, something I was trying to avoid. Just my opinion.

34 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

I think if I added a pants stripe, then I'd probably have to add a collar stripe, which to me would look too cluttered, something I was trying to avoid. Just my opinion.

I don't think you do. The uniform you got the NW stripes from not only had side piping, but also had a colorful elastic belt. So adding just the side stripes would be a nice balance. And would help transition from the stripes up top to the ones below. 

19 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

I don't think you do. The uniform you got the NW stripes from not only had side piping, but also had a colorful elastic belt. So adding just the side stripes would be a nice balance. And would help transition from the stripes up top to the ones below. 

To me though, it would seem out of place to have a different stripe pattern that's only present on the pants.

1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

To me though, it would seem out of place to have a different stripe pattern that's only present on the pants.

I agree with this. Plus, the A's haven't worn pant striping in nearly 30 years, so using NW stripes on the sleeves and keeping the pants stripe-less is a nice way to balance old and new.  

I'm ready to see the Phillies (assuming they're ready)!

Hey everyone,

Sorry I've been on a hiatus from this site for the past few days, as school/baseball hit the ground running for me, and I've been quite busy to say the least. I just finished the Phillies, so I figured I'd post them real quick!

Logos

Philadelphia Phillies Logos.png

-I love the Phillies current look, and I love the color scheme of maroon and light blue, so I combined the two, as most concepts do. I like the current red & royal blue, but felt the need to make this set more unique.

-Most everything else stays the same besides the recolor, except for the alternate which is now just a plain white script to match the hat.

Uniforms

Philadelphia Phillies Home.pngPhiladelphia Phillies Away.pngPhiladelphia Phillies Alternate 1.pngPhiladelphia Phillies Sunday Alt.png

-Uniforms across the board are pretty similar to the Phillies' actual uniforms, besides the slight change to the alternate. I also decided to exchange the number sleeve patch for the Liberty Bell logo, which I thought looked really cool.

-The Sunday alternate is heavily inspired by @Carolingian Steamroller's take on the Phils, where I loved his heavy use of light blue, creating a truly unique look around baseball.

That's it for today. Let me know what you all think!

Looks good but I think the alternate would greatly benefit from swapping the maroon and the blue(except for the word mark and numbers), I just think the blue looks out of place in such a high quantity.

14 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Sorry I've been on a hiatus from this site for the past few days, as school/baseball hit the ground running for me, and I've been quite busy to say the least. I just finished the Phillies, so I figured I'd post them real quick!

Don't apologize apologize, man. You've already got most of the league done, so no need to rush. Are you on your school's baseball team?

Anyway, the Phillies turned out great! Looking forward to Pittsburgh next. 

Archived