• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

What do you guys think of the Angels alternate with the "A" on the front? Better or worse than the original version with "ANGELS?"

I like it better. I think a "big A" jersey makes sense for them. I'm not a fan of numbers are logos being on the same level. I think if done like the White Sox, where the logo's bigger than the numbers and the numbers are slightly lower they can work. 

3 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

I like it better. I think a "big A" jersey makes sense for them. I'm not a fan of numbers are logos being on the same level. I think if done like the White Sox, where the logo's bigger than the numbers and the numbers are slightly lower they can work. 

I agree that the front number should be moved down a bit a la the White Sox uniforms, as you mentioned. With the number and "A" on the same level the jersey reads like "6A."

5 hours ago, coco1997 said:

@Paul Lucas, @Magic Dynasty, @29texan and anyone else--What do you guys think of the Angels alternate with the "A" on the front? Better or worse than the original version with "ANGELS?"

I like how this is, the white "ANGELS" wordmark just looks wrong to me. Also, I agree that the number should be moved down a bit.

ExJworW.png

12 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

11 hours ago, cjm3114jr said:

I like the A on the front.

9 hours ago, 29texan said:

...I like A. 

6 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I like how this is, the white "ANGELS" wordmark just looks wrong to me. Also, I agree that the number should be moved down a bit.

Well I think it's set then:

I made the front number smaller as @Paul Lucas suggested, as the first one was mostly just a mockup.

Also here is a blue Dodgers alternate. I like it plain for now, but I might do the OKC idea. I feel like if that's left off though, it would be more suited for the road as well.

Los Angeles Angels Alternate Proposal.png

Los Angeles Dodgers Alternate.png

Btw sorry it took me so long to reply, as I was gone longer than expected. Let me know what you all think though.

Great work! Could you slightly lower the '6' so it doesn't look like 6A?

I'd like to see the OKC stripes...so there's so difference in the alternate. Plus, it's reminiscent of the popular Brooklyn satin jerseys. 

Hopefully, we resolve this soon. Lol. I'm anxious to see what you've done with the Marlins. 

2 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Great work! Could you slightly lower the '6' so it doesn't look like 6A?

I'd like to see the OKC stripes...so there's so difference in the alternate. Plus, it's reminiscent of the popular Brooklyn satin jerseys. 

Hopefully, we resolve this soon. Lol. I'm anxious to see what you've done with the Marlins. 

I updated it above.

A couple of notes on the recent designs:

1. Royals - The powder-tinted road uniforms look great. In fact, the soft, subtle blue tint is really what the original flannel powder blues looked like. A lot of teams that officially wore "grey" had a bluish tint to their roads. I definitely feel this is what powder blues really should look like in the modern age, less the brilliant look of the double knit era but a return to subtlety. 

2. Angels - I like the Halo theme a lot. I'd like to see more blue but thats just my personal preference. 

3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Perfect!

I think you've got the Angels finalized. 

Alright, well then here is the final full Angels update:

Los Angeles Angels Logos Proposal.pngLos Angeles Angels Home.pngLos Angeles Angels Away.pngLos Angeles Angels Alternate Proposal.png

2 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

A couple of notes on the recent designs:

1. Royals - The powder-tinted road uniforms look great. In fact, the soft, subtle blue tint is really what the original flannel powder blues looked like. A lot of teams that officially wore "grey" had a bluish tint to their roads. I definitely feel this is what powder blues really should look like in the modern age, less the brilliant look of the double knit era but a return to subtlety. 

2. Angels - I like the Halo theme a lot. I'd like to see more blue but thats just my personal preference. 

1. Yea, I can appreciate the subtlety. I just wanted to go all out to start off, honestly.

2. I understand. If it were up to me, I'd take out red entirely, but since they've had it for all of their history in some capacity, I tried to work with it.

Also @Paul Lucas here is a look at the striped alternate on the road, just to kind of illustrate my point. Don't get me wrong, I love the design, but I just prioritized it being able to be used home and away slightly more.

Los Angeles Dodgers Alternate Proposal.png

That Dodgers alternate looks great! And it works well with the no-piping home and away sets. 

Angels were very well done!

Can't wait to see what you do with the Fish. Just for kicks, could you do

"RODRÍGUEZ "13 or 3 on one of them? LOL?

Archived