• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, cjm3114jr said:

The marlins look really good.Can the alts be worn both home and away?

I imagine so, yes.

Here is the update to the Marlins. I personally don't like the 'Marlins' on the home, not because I'm opposed to having the team name but just because the 'Miami' wordmark is bigger and bolder.

Miami Marlins Logos Proposal.pngMiami Marlins Home Proposal.pngMiami Marlins Away.pngMiami Marlins Alternate 1.pngMiami Marlins Alternate 2.pngMiami Marlins Alternate 3.png

10 minutes ago, TheBigBuc said:

Dude,  as a Marlins fan, I can honestly say, you nailed that concept, it perfectly captures the essence of Miami, but can you add a 1997 throwback uni?

Thank you! And I might add something like that later, I'll have to see.

Just now, coco1997 said:

The Marlins are looking good! The sock stripes are a nice touch.

Can't wait to see your take on the Brewers!

Well, I feel you might be a little disappointed, but here it is:

Before I start, I have to let out the unpopular opinion- I really like the Brewers' current identity. Before they starting trying to re-incorporate the BiG logo and make a confusing mess out of their identity, I thought they had something really cohesive that was perfect for their team name. So, anyways, these might not necessarily be enough of the changes you might expect to see, but here comes the Brew Crew!

Logos

Milwaukee Brewers Logos.png

-Primary logo is the Wisconsin "M" logo, just to get rid of another roundel.

-Cap logo stays the same.

-The wordmarks stay relatively the same, although I removed the extra navy shadow that I just noticed while making this.

-The shadow of the gold jersey has been recolored white, which I think looks better than their real one that they used to wear.

-I'm really considering adjusting to a more saturated shade of gold, one that might fit with the brand slightly better, as that's my only real gripe with what the Brewers have, that it becomes kind of dull over time. For now though, I just kept the current shade.

Uniforms

Milwaukee Brewers Home.pngMilwaukee Brewers Away.pngMilwaukee Brewers Alternate 1.pngMilwaukee Brewers Alternate 2.png

-Uniforms stay relatively the same.

The font on the jerseys has been change from the Times New Roman to a font that actually pretty closely matches the Brewers "M", Monotype Corsiva.

-I know most all of the people on here won't agree with me on this, but I really do like the gold Brewers jersey they used to wear, so I put it back in the set.

-The button on the top of the hats is now gold, as well.

-I also considered maybe adding a few other cap options, such as maybe a hat with a white or gold front panel, a la the old BiG hats.

-The piping on the alternates are color switches of the home, just to be a little bit nicer than just having a single stripe.

That's all I've got today, you all might be surprised with how little of changes I made to this one, but let me know what you all think!

I respect your not giving into the obvious pressure to go back to the Brewers' classic look. 

Having said that, I think there's a lot of room for improvement with this set. For one, the font style for the player names doesn't look like something that would appear on a professional baseball uniform. Maybe it would work better arched? All I know is that "NIEUWENHUIS" looks like a mess on that alternate. I'm also not feeling the number style. It's a little better than the Times New Roman font, but not by much. The numbers look off-centered, too. 

I'd like to see those other hat options you had in mind. The different colored front paneled caps would probably work well. 

13 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Sorry, bro. That's a "no" from me. ? Their current identity has got to go. 

10 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I respect your not giving into the obvious pressure to go back to the Brewers' classic look. 

Having said that, I think there's a lot of room for improvement with this set. For one, the font style for the player names doesn't look like something that would appear on a professional baseball uniform. Maybe it would work better arched? All I know is that "NIEUWENHUIS" looks like a mess on that alternate. I'm also not feeling the number style. It's a little better than the Times New Roman font, but not by much. They look off-centered, too. 

I'd like to see those other hat options you had in mind. The different colored front paneled caps would probably work well. 

Alright so I think I'm gonna take an extra day for the Brewers... Since I admittedly feel they're a bit farther off from some of the other teams on here. One thing I for sure still want to keep is the current identity... But let me know of any suggestions you all have to improve on the idea

1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

Alright so I think I'm gonna take an extra day for the Brewers... Since I admittedly feel they're a bit farther off from some of the other teams on here. One thing I for sure still want to keep is the current identity... But let me know of any suggestions you all have to improve on the idea

Ultimately, if you wanna keep their current identity, you have every right to do so.

Here are some things that just about any team...including the Brewers...can do to improve: The font for the last name has to be legible. The road jersey should feature the city/state name. And unless they're wearing pinstripes, stirrups are great places for stripes/designs. Maybe add color to the brim on some of the uniforms. If the sleeve piping is all the way on the edge like the Nats (that's a terrible look, IMO) that's another change I would make. Also, italicized numbers aren't really a good idea...looking at you, Steelers. 

1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

At the end of the day, this is your series and these are your concepts. I personally don't feel the Brewers' current identity is as horrendous as others do, but I feel the changes you made were somewhat of a downgrade rather than an improvement. 

How about taking some inspiration from the winning Brewers YOUniform design contest from a few years ago? Just look at how awesome these numbers are:

Brewers-YOUniform-6.jpg

You could also make the home uniform off-white to distinguish it from their current home uni. 

Yovani-Gallardo.jpg

Front numbers could be a nice addition, too.

You might also think about making the underline on "Brewers" and "Milwaukee" a barley stalk if you can figure out how to do it. 

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

At the end of the day, this is your series and these are your concepts. I personally don't feel the Brewers' current identity is as horrendous as others do, but I feel the changes you made were somewhat of a downgrade rather than an improvement. 

How about taking some inspiration from the winning Brewers YOUniform design contest from a few years ago? Just look at how awesome these numbers are:

Brewers-YOUniform-6.jpg

You could also make the home uniform off-white to distinguish it from their current home uni. 

Yovani-Gallardo.jpg

Front numbers could be a nice addition, too.

You might also think about making the underline on "Brewers" and "Milwaukee" a barley stalk if you can figure out how to do it. 

After all, Milwaukee IS the "Cream City."

Those are REALLY NICE. I'd love to see a concept out of those. 

Looking at those YOUniforms again, one of the other things that stands out is the lack of shadows on the script. Get rid of that thick gold drop-shadow on their current script, make the white outline of the "Brewers" gold and you have a much more timeless-looking 2D script.

Another thing to consider would be adding that slightly blue tint to the road set that you used for the Royals, which would be a nice nod to their retro road uniforms.

Alright guys, so sorry it took me a while to get back to all of your comments, it's a lot more difficult to have time to work on this kind of stuff during the school year... But here is a preliminary concept of the home uniform for the Brewers. It takes it in a bit of a new direction, while still keeping the identity intact. Again, this is early on, so there will still be names on the back, I just haven't found a good, cleaner font yet. What do you guys think, is this something I can build a brand around?

Milwaukee Brewers Home.png

2 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Alright guys, so sorry it took me a while to get back to all of your comments, it's a lot more difficult to have time to work on this kind of stuff during the school year... But here is a preliminary concept of the home uniform for the Brewers. It takes it in a bit of a new direction, while still keeping the identity intact. Again, this is early on, so there will still be names on the back, I just haven't found a good, cleaner font yet. What do you guys think, is this something I can build a brand around?

Milwaukee Brewers Home.png

Definitely! That's an immense improvement. I'm really digging the barley stalk pattern on the socks. I still think it could benefit from some front numbers, but this is a really promising new direction regardless.

Archived