• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright so here is an admittedly much-needed update for the Brewers:

Milwaukee Brewers Logos.pngMilwaukee Brewers Home.pngMilwaukee Brewers Away.pngMilwaukee Brewers Alternate.png

-Shade of gold has been lightened & saturated to look more like wheat gold, not brown.

-Home is now cream in honor of the "Cream City" as @Paul Lucas mentioned, as well as the YOUniform suggested by @coco1997, the piping is moved up on the sleeve, and a wheat barley pattern is incorporated, kind of like the Braves tomahawk pattern.

-Shadow is kept, but numbers & name font have been updated to a more "brewery" feel.

-Bare with me on this one, the away is now all gold, which makes Arizona not the only tan-ish road team. Keep in mind that the gold has been lightened, so hopefully you all don't think it looks too garish. Also, I think the gray jersey is the worst in the Brewers identity, just because the colors don't mesh. This gets rid of that. I also didn't want to do the powder-tinted road, just because that would make 3 teams that have light blue and gold secondary colors.

-The gold road opens the door to a unique and modern road alternate, where a gold-paneled cap balances out the pants. At home, the navy jersey would still use the regular navy hat and the home pants.

-The gold jersey can still be worn as a home alternate with the home pants, and maybe the alternate cap.

Let me know what you all think about the new update!

Gold road unis. Man, I probably shouldn't, but I f***ing love it. :lol: They remind me of the early 2000s Padres road unis, but these colors fit the Brewers much better than they did the Pads. 

Really liking the new numbers style. And I guess the jerseys look fine without front numbers. See, the identity is basically the same, but you've made it a whole lot more interesting!

My only suggestion would be to put "Milwaukee" on the road jersey and "Brewers" on the alternate. 

It's cool...and definitely unique. 

The cream for them works. Gold for the Brew Crew works, but I think it would work better if you used the 'sand' color instead of this. Kinda like how your Royals road has a hint of the powder without going full powder, I think you need to tone down this gold...a couple of notches. Again, I think SD's old road color would work just fine. 'Milwaukee' has to be on the road...there's no reason for it not to be. 'Brewers' can then go on the alternate. I like the number 8, but don't really care for the extra pieces sticking out of the 2 or the Shrek ears on the 7. Again, I applaud your effort to stay within their current identity. This has been a fun series, I've enjoyed it thus far...don't let up!

16 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Gold road unis. Man, I probably shouldn't, but I f***ing love it. :lol: They remind me of the early 2000s Padres road unis, but these colors fit the Brewers much better than they did the Pads. 

Really liking the new numbers style. And I guess the jerseys look fine without front numbers. See, the identity is basically the same, but you've made it a whole lot more interesting!

My only suggestion would be to put "Milwaukee" on the road jersey and "Brewers" on the alternate. 

Haha? Thank you. I might add front numbers, I'll have to see. And I'll talk about the Milwaukee script below⬇️

4 hours ago, brewersbaseball4life said:

Sorry, but I'm really not a fan of any of the uniforms as a whole. The cream is a great idea but the navy and barley color scheme brings everything WAY down. I do applaud you for trying something different then an all retro look, but I'd try a navy and athletic gold color scheme and see how that looks. 

It's all good. To me, though, having yellow just doesn't fit as much in a brewery-type branding.

4 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

It's cool...and definitely unique. 

The cream for them works. Gold for the Brew Crew works, but I think it would work better if you used the 'sand' color instead of this. Kinda like how your Royals road has a hint of the powder without going full powder, I think you need to tone down this gold...a couple of notches. Again, I think SD's old road color would work just fine. 'Milwaukee' has to be on the road...there's no reason for it not to be. 'Brewers' can then go on the alternate. I like the number 8, but don't really care for the extra pieces sticking out of the 2 or the Shrek ears on the 7. Again, I applaud your effort to stay within their current identity. This has been a fun series, I've enjoyed it thus far...don't let up!

So are you saying that I should just lighten the away jersey, or lighten the shade of gold in general?

As for 'Milwaukee' on the road, the only reason it isn't on the road is that the script is very tough to render, since it has so many letters and look kind of cluttered. It was nearly impossible for me to do even a color switch. So, I would put it on the away, but just can't at the moment.

Anybody else?

1 minute ago, MJD7 said:

Ok. So would the shadow on the away still be white?

I think so. The Padres had blue with white outlines. But then again, if the Blue/white/gold shadows can work...go for it. Try them both and see which looks best. 

6 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

I think so. The Padres had blue with white outlines. But then again, if the Blue/white/gold shadows can work...go for it. Try them both and see which looks best. 

Ok. My only issue now would be that the alternate hat would look pretty out of place no matter where you put it.

35 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Ok. My only issue now would be that the alternate hat would look pretty out of place no matter where you put it.

I think the road uniform takes precedence over an alternate cap. Once we've settled on uniforms, we can come up with the best caps for them. Maybe you can have that cap worn at home on Sunday's or make the brim that gold color, I don't know. But I wouldn't compromise the set for it. (My humble opinion)

14 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

I think the road uniform takes precedence over an alternate cap. Once we've settled on uniforms, we can come up with the best caps for them. Maybe you can have that cap worn at home on Sunday's or make the brim that gold color, I don't know. But I wouldn't compromise the set for it. (My humble opinion)

Ok. I guess I kind of like to try to be able to try my best to be able to blend the two elements together, as opposed to compromising one for the other. For me, I don't think having a slightly darker jersey really compromises the set, it helps everything match better.

Does anyone else think I should lighten the road, and if so, what would you do as far as caps go? Comment below!

If you're going to lighten the away jersey, then you should lighten the gold front panel on the cap as well. I suppose you could stand to lighten the gold a bit, but personally I like the outlandishness of the way it is now. 

14 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

If you're going to lighten the away jersey, then you should lighten the gold front panel on the cap as well. I suppose you could stand to lighten the gold a bit, but personally I like the outlandishness of the way it is now. 

That's pretty much my stance on it.

5 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

Bro, if you're happy with it...who cares what anyone thinks, myself included. 

Let's see the Twins!

Agreed. You managed to make the Brewers' current identity a lot more interesting and that's good enough for me. 

Archived