I wouldn't say to take powder blue entirely out of the identity. Rather, find a way to incorporate powder blue into the road greys. A slight light blue tint in the grey color on the road uniforms (which can be achieved by playing with the hue/saturation/light settings on your editing app's color wheel) would be an excellent way to go about it. A shade like rgb #c2d5e4 would be excellent with the royal blue and metallic gold.

If this doesn't work, then simply dropping powder would suffice.

I really like the direction you've taken with the striping and the metallic gold color. It sets the Royals apart from the Dodgers, while preserving their traditional colors. Good work.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I wouldn't say to take powder blue entirely out of the identity. Rather, find a way to incorporate powder blue into the road greys. A slight light blue tint in the grey color on the road uniforms (which can be achieved by playing with the hue/saturation/light settings on your editing app's color wheel) would be an excellent way to go about it. A shade like rgb #c2d5e4 would be excellent with the royal blue and metallic gold.

Agreed; this does look like it could work really well.

43 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Just read through this whole tread and it's incredible. My only complaint with your original Royals concept was that it looked too much like the Rays, even though you'll most likely bring back green for them, considering that they're now a dumpster fire again, so the reputation of the old green era fits what's happening now perfectly (just a little salty about how everyone brings back green, even though we were easily the worst team in the league during that era). Anyway, the gold really separates KC from both the Rays and the Dodgers, so good job on that.

Thank you, I appreciate it! To be honest, as of right now I will say that I am not bringing back green for them (although I would admittedly absolutely love a Tulane-like color scheme of green and carolina.) But I understand your sentiment for not wanting to use it.

46 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

If this doesn't work, then simply dropping powder would suffice.

I really like the direction you've taken with the striping and the metallic gold color. It sets the Royals apart from the Dodgers, while preserving their traditional colors. Good work.

43 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Agreed; this does look like it could work really well.

Here is a look at a powder-tinted road jersey. The only reason that I'm not a fan is that it still as far as I can see would be the only place to incorporate light in the set along with the heavier inclusion of gold.

Kansas City Royals Away Proposal 3.png

6 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Here is a look at a powder-tinted road jersey. The only reason that I'm not a fan is that it still as far as I can see would be the only place to incorporate light in the set along with the heavier inclusion of gold.

Kansas City Royals Away Proposal 3.png

I think this is the perfect compromise. Very classy!

11 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

I think this is the perfect compromise. Very classy!

1 minute ago, SFGiants58 said:

I'd say that looks like the best possible option for the road uniform, as it keeps the road uniforms grounded in baseball tradition (gray on the road) while setting them apart from the rest of the league. Well done!

Alright, fair enough!

Here is most likely the final update, then, to the Royals before I post the Angels soon.

Kansas City Royals Logos Proposal.pngKansas City Royals Home Proposal.pngKansas City Royals Away Proposal 3.pngKansas City Royals Alternate 1 Proposal.png

I couldn't end up putting the light blue alternate jersey in, sorry to @Paul Lucas, but maybe as in the original the road could possibly be worn at home with white pants as an alternate.

Let me know what you guys think before I post the Angels!

55 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

The Royals turned out really well. You did a great job of making them your own.

Bring on the Halos!

41 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

This definitely works for them!!! 

Great team effort.?

Alright let's do it!

I'm gonna start off by saying I love the color scheme that @SFGiants58 and many other people have used over time for the Angels with red and yellow. Since yellow is a color that has been used in the past for the Halos, I decided to incorporate it but still not deviate too much from the actual set, since this is just a tweak series. Although I would personally remove red altogether (because when you think about it you realize it doesn't really make much sense), here is a set that tries to maintain the Angels current identity while still going forward.

Logos

Los Angeles Angels Logos.png

-Primary is still the halo A, but with the beveling removed and the halo switched to yellow.

-The cap logo A is now white so it doesn't blend into the color of the cap. The halo and the outline are colored yellow.

-I am not a fan of the Angels using silver as a trim color in their wordmark, as it to me is pretty bland. So for all wordmarks, the halo and outline are colored yellow because of the California sun and the use in team history. It gives the wordmarks a subtle 'glow' that I really like, something that reflects a team named the Angels.

-As with the hat the wordmark on the red jersey has been recolored white to further stand out.

Uniforms

Los Angeles Angels Home.pngLos Angeles Angels Away.pngLos Angeles Angels Alternate.png

-The uniforms are surprisingly simple in comparison to the changes with the logos.

-Part of the reason for this is probably that the piping has been reduced to one yellow stripe, to incorporate the halo imagery throughout the set.

-It also hops on a recent trend of teams to have a lighter piping color that is more subdued, like the use of orange for the Marlins and Astros.

-The name & number are both outlined in yellow, once again to give off that glowing look.

-The socks have one singular stripe going around, to further feed off of the halo imagery.

-I considered having a halo go around the cap that stemmed from the actual logo, and I still might do it depending on the reaction the set gets.

So as you can see yellow takes a quite significantly larger presence in a set that needs some brightening and freshening up. Let me know what you all think in the comments below!

I like it! I like the halo imagery throughout. The halo on the cap might be overkill. But it's a very nice set. The red and yellow (while not the same exact colors) goes well with the whole USC theme they love out there. I'd like to see the last names without the yellow outline...it might get too cluttered on, say, an 'M' or a 'B.'

Good job.

The Angels turned out really nice. I agree with @Paul Lucas that the yellow outline makes the player names difficult to read, but it might look better IRL than as a concept. I'm surprised by how much I like the yellow trim on the road set, though for some reason it doesn't look as vibrant as it does on the home uni.

Also, how about trying that cap logo white "A" as a crest on the front of the alternate? I think that would look very sharp.

3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

The Angels turned out really nice. I agree with @Paul Lucas that the yellow outline makes the player names difficult to read, but it might look better IRL than as a concept. I'm surprised by how much I like the yellow trim on the road set, though for some reason it doesn't look as vibrant as it does on the home uni.

Also, how about trying that cap logo white "A" as a crest on the front of the alternate? I think that would look very sharp.

The yellow doesn't look as vibrant on the road simply because the gray is closer to the white in shade, so they blend slightly.

And like this?

Los Angeles Angels Alternate Proposal.png

11 hours ago, MJD7 said:

The yellow doesn't look as vibrant on the road simply because the gray is closer to the white in shade, so they blend slightly.

And like this?

Los Angeles Angels Alternate Proposal.png

Yes! This is exactly what I had in mind! Good call adding the front numbers, too. I didn't even think to suggest that. 

9 hours ago, 29texan said:

Funny thing, I was JUST thinking of what the Angels would look like if they used gold instead of blue. 

Only, I was thinking of adding orange with it, but this looks good.

Haha thanks.

3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Yes! This is exactly what I had in mind! Good call adding the front numbers, too. I didn't even think to suggest that. 

I just thought it fit since there wasn't headspoon piping.

Does anyone else prefer the A logo over the full wordmark or vice versa?

Alright so I know this is a little bit of a deviation from the normal routine of finishing one before posting another, but I'm not going to be home most of today so I'm going to go ahead and post a fairly simple Dodgers set so it can get out there. It's time for Dodger baseball!

Logos

Los Angeles Dodgers Logos.png

-Logos remain basically the same in a classic Dodgers set.

-The road 'Dodgers' alternate wordmark has been removed, but some elements of it were incorporated into the regular road jersey.

Uniforms

Los Angeles Dodgers Home.pngLos Angeles Dodgers Away.png

-Home remains the same. A classic, clean uniform that doesn't need any change.

-The away is pretty much a combination of both road uniforms the Dodgers wear, as I like how the 'Dodgers' jersey looks simple without piping, but yet I like the 'Los Angeles' script better for the away.

-I considered adding a blue 'Dodgers' alternate that could be worn home and away, as I think it would look a lot better without outlines and piping, but I'll wait to see what you all think of that.

That's all, let me know what you all think about both the Dodgers set and what to do with the Angels!

Classic! I do miss the sleeve and pant piping on the road. At home, clean. But on the road without them, IMO, look empty. Especially, since they have a history of adding blue to the road sleeves. Definitely would like to see an alternate. Good work!

Archived