On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 1:34 PM, coco1997 said:

Excellent! The Angels look great, as does that updated Dodgers alternate. I'm excited to see your take on the Marlins!

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 2:29 PM, Paul Lucas said:

That Dodgers alternate looks great! And it works well with the no-piping home and away sets. 

Angels were very well done!

Can't wait to see what you do with the Fish. Just for kicks, could you do

"RODRÍGUEZ "13 or 3 on one of them? LOL?

Alright well here is a final update for the Dodgers before I post the Marlins:

Los Angeles Dodgers Logos Proposal.png

Los Angeles Dodgers Home.pngLos Angeles Dodgers Away.pngLos Angeles Dodgers Alternate Proposal.png

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright let's do this! Here are the long-awaited Marlins!

This was actually one of the earlier of the concepts that I started, the one that made me decide to do a whole series. The main difficulty for the Marlins is to appropriately balance all of the colors in their pallette, as @cjm3114jr challenged me to do back in my Twins thread. Hopefully this is at least a decent solution for you all!

Logos

Miami Marlins Logos.png

-The primary logo has been recolored to more prominently feature teal, with black and orange being the other primaries, and yellow as an accent.

-Speaking of teal, that is the only shade that has been adjusted, to be closer to the original Florida Marlins teal.

-The main cap logo is a teal M with orange and yellow accents and an orange outline. This is partly inspired by the Marlins current BP cap, which I think looks really good and very Miami-like.

-On the teal cap the M and fish are recolored white, and on the orange cap the outline is recolored white.

-Silver has been removed from the identity, as I feel that's the least 'Marlins' color of all the ones they have.

-As with the primary, a lot of the beveling of the first 'M' has been removed in the wordmarks to better match the other letters.

-The main wordmarks are mostly teal, once again with orange accents, and a black and orange outline. There are small yellow accents on the first M and the fish. I felt this overall was the best way to balance all of the colors.

-The teal jersey's wordmark says 'Marlins' and white and teal switch. The orange jersey's outline is white.

-The best use of black for the Marlins I feel is to use it as a background to show off all of their bright colors. Since there is so much white in their current alternate, they struggle to do that. Hopefully the recolored wordmark achieves that a little bit better, and gives off a very 'Miami' vibe.

Uniforms

Miami Marlins Home.pngMiami Marlins Away.pngMiami Marlins Alternate 1.pngMiami Marlins Alternate 2.pngMiami Marlins Alternate 3.png

-The Marlins are the first team to have 5 completely different jerseys, which fits a team with so many colors to balance.

-The main piping option on the jerseys is some form of teal and orange, giving a very bright, sunny, Miami feel.

-I will admit that I couldn't find the official Marlins number font to download anywhere, so I used Rockwell, which was the closest option to the real thing. I had a few other fonts that I considered until the end, let me know if you feel the need to see those.

-The nameplate font has also been adjusted to be more rounded instead of block font.

-Gray didn't look very good to me between the teal and orange, so I filled that one in black to look a little better. I might put black in the middle across the board, let me know if I should (In all honesty, I don't imagine them wearing this one very much anyway since gray doesn't really fit the bright, colorful brand I'm trying to build with them.)

-On the teal and orange jerseys, white takes the place of whatever color the jersey is in the piping.

-I really love the black jersey because it gets to showcase how good Miami's bright colors look against that dark background. It gives a sense of that Miami nightlife feel.

-As with the Diamondbacks and Rockies (and probably more so than either of them), the colors of the accessories (hats, belts, socks, undershirts) can be mixed and matched between all of the jerseys, creating a plethora of possible combinations. I just matched the color of the accessories with their jersey color for now, but I'm sure you can only imagine the endless possibilities of combinations the Marlins could utilize. I would imagine that the accessories would all match, but everything else is on of the table.

As a bonus @Paul Lucas, here is an A-Rod Marlins jersey. I chose #3 since 13 is taken for now with Ozuna.

Miami Marlins A-Rod.png

Btw I'm sorry these past two days might have been a little fast-paced, but we should start to slow down a bit more starting now, especially since school starts for me tomorrow. But hopefully this was a nice way to balance all of the bright colors that are present in the current Marlins set. All comments are appreciated!

Holy Color! Well my eyes had to adjust to the bright colors (another reason why I hate the Marlins in general) I like the aqua jersey it reminds me of the original unis.

Cant wait for the Mets...(Do the right thing and keep the 1986 racing stripe unis around) 

Bravo!!

You did great work with the Marlins. I, for one, am glad you couldn't find their number font...I think that's the worst part of their current uniform. I always envisioned them in something 'Art Deco-y' kinda like this:image.jpegor surprisingly, like the Toronto Raptors new number font, but with an outline.

image.jpeg 

Also, congrats...you're at halfway mark.

P.S. I'd like to see something on the stirrups. Maybe two stripes...one teal, the other orange...etc.

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

The Marlins turned out really well! I like the heavy use of teal, and the new shade you chose. The new primary logo is fantastic, too; it has a very '80s/retro feel.

Miami Vice-like, perhaps?

23 minutes ago, New York's Greatest said:

Holy Color! Well my eyes had to adjust to the bright colors (another reason why I hate the Marlins in general) I like the aqua jersey it reminds me of the original unis.

Cant wait for the Mets...(Do the right thing and keep the 1986 racing stripe unis around) 

Haha I know it's a lot to adjust to, but hopefully it balances all of the colors well.

And I can say that I will...

22 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

Bravo!!

You did great work with the Marlins. I, for one, am glad you couldn't find their number font...I think that's the worst part of their current uniform. I alway envisioned them in something 'Art Deco-y' kinda like this:image.jpegor surprisingly, like the Toronto Raptors new number font, but with an outline.

image.jpeg 

Also, congrats...you're at halfway mark.

P.S. I'd like to see something on the stirrups. Maybe two stripes...one teal, the other orange...etc.

I like both of those a lot, honestly. If I could find a thicker version of the top one (or just find the Raptors one) that would be perfect. Here are the fonts that I had, maybe something like D? (I really didn't want to use the first three, it really ended up being D vs. E.)

Fonts.png

54 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

How about E sans-serif? Or 'A' with the bottom of 'D's 7? I don't like the letter 'D' option because it looks like the numbers were cut short. I can't explain it. But I hope you can see it.

I think I found a good one. How does this look? It's a bolded version of Century Gothic.

Miami Marlins Home.png

10 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Floored by your Marlins concept.  Truly excellent use of colour.

Wow, thank you. I appreciate it.

7 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

Could I see the rest of the numbers?

I wish I could find this font: image.png

I'm working on adjusting it a bit, but here is a rough idea

1234567890.png

7 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Wow, thank you. I appreciate it.

I'm working on adjusting it a bit, but here is a rough idea

1234567890.png

Looks good! 3-5 could use some work. 3 needs that flat top. 4 looks kinda regular. And 5, the top should be a little straighter. Great work!!!

19 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

That Century Gothic font could easily pass for the style the Marlins actually use. Good find.

Also, congrats on completing half the league. Looking forward to the second half!

10 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

Looks good! 3-5 could use some work. 3 needs that flat top. 4 looks kinda regular. And 5, the top should be a little straighter. Great work!!!

Thank you! Here is an updated version of the jerseys. I did work on the three, but I decided to keep the 5 since it now matches the slant of the 3. As for the 4, since none of the renderings have it say that it's hypothetically closer to the real Marlins version of the 4.

Miami Marlins Home.pngMiami Marlins Away.pngMiami Marlins Alternate 1.pngMiami Marlins Alternate 2.pngMiami Marlins Alternate 3.png

3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Just out of curiosity...Are you going to skip the Twins once you get to them, since you already created a whole topic specifically for your Minnesota concept?

Sorry I missed this post earlier, but no, I won't be skipping the Twins, there are some touch-ups that I would like to make to that just because of how much I've learned about MS Paint in doing this series. The same basic concept as the last update will be there, but hopefully look at least a little cleaner.

39 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

??????That looks Amazing!!

Final notes: I'd like to see something on the stirrups. And, please, no city name on the primary home. 

Ah, that was something I forgot. The stripes will be added tomorrow. I'll also try to do a Marlins wordmark for the home as well and see how that looks.

Archived