• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Victormrey said:

What a shame I haven't been able to follow the series from the start. Great designs!

Haha it's no big deal, thanks!

(As a side note, I updated the original Astros post to include the panel in the "Side Detail" box, something I admittedly forgot to do)

Anyways, here are the Royals!

Logos

Kansas City Royals Logos.png

-My biggest gripe with the Royals is that, although they look good, they do so by looking like the Dodgers. To fix that, I integrated more light blue throughout the set.

-The black shadow in the primary has been changed to light blue, along with an outline being added around the Royals script to match what I did with the home uniform.

-A light blue outline has been added around the 'KC' on the hat.

-All uniforms have outlines on them now to differentiate from LA.

-Away is light blue... I'll talk about that more below.

-Royal blue alternate goes back to the 'Royals' script, now with a light blue outline.

Uniforms

Kansas City Royals Home.pngKansas City Royals Away.pngKansas City Royals Alternate.png

-Light blue outline on the home, an extra light blue stripe added to match the double-piping of the other jerseys.

-The button or squatchtee on top of the hat has been switched to light blue.

-Whether they like it or not, light blue (and a light blue road uniform in particular) is part of the Royals identity. They won't end up being the only team with a light blue road, but they're a team that needs to have one.

-I'd imagine that the light blue jersey could also be a home alternate with white pants that could be worn, let me know what you all think of that.

-Like the home, an extra stripe has been added on the alternate to match all of the jerseys.

-The crown secondary logo is present on all jerseys.

So the point of my Royals concept is pretty much just to add more light blue. Let me know what you all think!

I really like this set! I was secretly hoping you were gonna embrace the gold over the powder blue. Especially, since the one-day gold uni became so popular and is now worn every week. But it looks really good. And most importantly, it makes them not look like the Dodgers! 

47 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I really like what you've done with KC. That royal alternate in particular looks terrific. The colors work really nicely together. I wouldn't change a stitch.

26 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

I really like this set! I was secretly hoping you were gonna embrace the gold over the powder blue. Especially, since the one-day gold uni became so popular and is now worn every week. But it looks really good. And most importantly, it makes them not look like the Dodgers! 

22 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Your Royals are perfect! The added powder blue goes a long way towards distancing them from the Dodgers. Like @Carolingian Steamroller said, I wouldn't change a thing. 

Thank you all! 

While I've liked many of the concepts you've done so far, these Royals seem like a misfire. While the double-blue seems like a good way to avoid looking too much like the Dodgers, it doesn't work nearly as well in reality:

b96e346f9cd609cc3bb1069449b0ddd1.jpg

Look at how the powder blends in to the Royal, instead of complimenting it. If you want to use one of the Royals' preexisting colors for the outlines, I'd suggest using metallic gold instead. Also, I really don't like powder blue road uniforms. If you want to tribute the powder blue period while still being a little creative, use grey road uniforms with a small light blue tint. Powder tops and pants is just way too much.

4 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

While I've liked many of the concepts you've done so far, these Royals seem like a misfire. While the double-blue seems like a good way to avoid looking too much like the Dodgers, it doesn't work nearly as well in reality:

b96e346f9cd609cc3bb1069449b0ddd1.jpg

Look at how the powder blends in to the Royal, instead of complimenting it. If you want to use one of the Royals' preexisting colors for the outlines, I'd suggest using metallic gold instead. Also, I really don't like powder blue road uniforms. If you want to tribute the powder blue period while still being a little creative, use grey road uniforms with a small light blue tint. Powder tops and pants is just way too much.

Alright. I personally don't have a problem with either the double blue or the powder blue away, but are these pretty much what you're saying?

Kansas City Royals Alternate Proposal.pngKansas City Royals Away Proposal.png

On your update, the gold outline looks way sharper than the light blue...this looks good.  I also am not a fan of mixing the two shades of blue, it muddles the look.  What does the grey away look like with royal blue workmark/numbers and gold accents?

29 minutes ago, BKarchitect said:

On your update, the gold outline looks way sharper than the light blue...this looks good.  I also am not a fan of mixing the two shades of blue, it muddles the look.  What does the grey away look like with royal blue workmark/numbers and gold accents?

Kansas City Royals Away Proposal 2.png

25 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Kansas City Royals Away Proposal 2.png

I like it! I'm definitely a fan of the gold. Though, I understand the nostalgia behind the powder blues. I think they should maybe wear them as an occasional fauxback.

For this, I'd like to see something on the stirrups. Also, I'm not a fan of two-toned piping...it reminds me of the Rangers (and Nats) or that A's green jersey with the terrible piping.

36 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

I have to admit, I do really like the gold trim on the alt and the road set and now think it's probably the way to go. It's just a shame it comes at the expense of the powder blue away uniform.

I think MJD7/they can do the powder blue (at home)...say once a month. 

5 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I have to admit, I do really like the gold trim on the alt and the road set and now think it's probably the way to go. It's just a shame it comes at the expense of the powder blue away uniform.

5 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

I think MJD7/they can do the powder blue (at home)...say once a month. 

Ok so here is a set with gold as the focal point besides royal blue.

Kansas City Royals Home Proposal.pngKansas City Royals Away Proposal 2.pngKansas City Royals Alternate 1 Proposal.pngKansas City Royals Alternate 2 Proposal.png

The piping has been reduced to singular across the board. I didn't know what to do for something on the stirrups, as having crowns go across or something like that would be odd. Same goes with the light blue jersey, where I didn't know how to incorporate gold, so that was the best I could do with it. 

Comments of any kind are appreciated!

Great work!

I think two or three gold stripes on the stirrups can go a really long way. 

The good thing about the singular piping is that it allows for more flexibility, meaning, you could easily make the top of your original powder set the home alternate and it would fit right in (removing the double piping on it and going with singular like the rest of the set, of course).

As for the royal blue top, it looks great. I'd venture to say that it would look even better (especially on the road), if it got the Black-Orioles-Alternate-Jersey treatment. In this case, gold with royal outline on a royal jersey. 

3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I think you're almost there, but something looks off about the powder blue top. The royal script w/ gold outlines just doesn't look good against that shade of blue. Any suggestions, @SFGiants58?

Well it seems if gold is the secondary then light blue wouldn't be present anywhere else in the identity... So it might be best to just take it out if that's the direction we're going.

3 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Well it seems if gold is the secondary then light blue wouldn't be present anywhere else in the identity... So it might be best to just take it out if that's the direction we're going.

Fair enough!

31 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Respectfully, why can't their be a fauxback alternate (for the home fans like)? image.jpeg

Just read through this whole tread and it's incredible. My only complaint with your original Royals concept was that it looked too much like the Rays, even though you'll most likely bring back green for them, considering that they're now a dumpster fire again, so the reputation of the old green era fits what's happening now perfectly (just a little salty about how everyone brings back green, even though we were easily the worst team in the league during that era). Anyway, the gold really separates KC from both the Rays and the Dodgers, so good job on that.

ExJworW.png

Archived