On 8/19/2016 at 11:17 PM, Paul Lucas said:

Bro, if you're happy with it...who cares what anyone thinks, myself included. 

Let's see the Twins!

On 8/19/2016 at 11:24 PM, coco1997 said:

Agreed. You managed to make the Brewers' current identity a lot more interesting and that's good enough for me. 

Alright then, well barring any objections I think the last Brewers post was their final update... Now moving on to the Twins!

I know some of you might have already seen this in my individual Minnesota Twins thread that got me started on this, but all I wanted to do was to clean up the original concept and provide a few touch-ups using new techniques I have learned. So let's get into it!

Logos

Minnesota Twins Logos.png

-Logos stay basically the same as the last update of my original thread, with the primary Minnesota-shaped logo being the best place to showcase all of the different colors in the pallette.

-As mentioned before, the gold has been significantly lightened to blend much less with the red and more with the white. It is now much more so of a cream/tan color, kind of like the one used as their throwback jersey color.

-I decided to keep the 'Twins' and 'Minnesota' wordmarks from the last update not only because of how common scripts are in baseball, but also for the very practical reason that the Twins would have to change both of their fairly new outfield signs, the one above the scoreboard and the Minnie and Paul logo.

-The accent colors, gold/cream at home and light blue on the road, are meant to somewhat blend into the jersey color. The home does this to honor the old 60's Twins uniforms, and the aways honor the light blue 70's jerseys.

Uniforms

Minnesota Twins Home.pngMinnesota Twins  Away.pngMinnesota Twins  Home Alternate.pngMinnesota Twins  Away Alternate.png

-The uniforms stay relatively the same as in the last thread.

-As a reminder, the size of the piping on the sleeves, neck, and pants has been increased quite a bit, so that the colors can be distinguishable and not muddle.

-The number font on all the jerseys has been adjusted to more accurately portray the real Twins numbers, as the old one simply used was the Yankees' and Braves' font.

As an added bonus, just to give at least some new content, here is a side-by-side comparison of the actual Twins shade of gold and the one I've adjusted to, just to give you all a good picture of how much it really has been lightened.

Gold.png

That's it as far as new stuff goes, but if any of you would like to check out my aforementioned Twins thread to get some more information on this set, the link is attached above. By the way, big thanks to anyone who has followed the series so far, and comments are greatly appreciated!

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, KCDesign said:

I'm a huge fan of that twins concept, especially the road jerseys. One suggestions, what if you tried an alternate jersey with the "TC" logo on it?  

Thanks! And as for the 'TC' logo on a jersey, the Twins already do have one that looks

like that. To me though, I just thought it looked a little too much like a batting practice jersey, so I just opted for the 'Twins' wordmark and a lighter shade of gold.

Just now, MJD7 said:

Thanks! And as for the 'TC' logo on a jersey, the Twins already do have one that looks like that:

like that. To me though, I just thought it looked a little too much like a batting practice jersey, so I just opted for the 'Twins' wordmark and a lighter shade of gold.

Ok, that makes perfect sense. the red Twins jersey is much better than the "TC" in comparison. 

Well, I figured since the Twins didn't bring much new content with them, I might as well post the Mets as an extra team for today!

Logos

New York Mets Logos.png

-Primary logo remains the same. If it wasn't already, I think their logo is starting to become one of the best in baseball.

-One cap logo for now, the orange 'NY' on a blue background. I might add a cap with an orange bill and white outline for the alternate, let me know if you guys think I should.

-Home and alternate wordmarks stay the same, but the road is where we see some changes. I went back to the 1987 script because I personally like it more, it matches the home script better, and it looks less like a Red Sox wordmark.

Uniforms

New York Mets Home.pngNew York Mets Away.pngNew York Mets Alternate.png

-The racing pinstripes are on all of the Mets' uniforms, and are now the Mets' "thing."

-Other than that, the home stays relatively the same, a white jersey with blue pinstripes.

-The big blue collar around the neck of the jersey on the racing stripes has been removed, just because I think it makes it look like the jersey is too big.

-The away sees the removal of the headspoon and sleeve piping, replaced by the racing stripes. The new script replaces the old wordmark.

-The blue alternate is basically the same besides the racing stripes in place of piping. The color order of the racing stripes matches the script and numbers on all jerseys.

Comments on this, the Twins, or really anything else are welcome!

I personally love the '87 script! Great work. I was watching a Mets game the other day (it was obviously a Sunday cause they were wearing the racing stripes) and I thought, "they look great...why can't they always wear this?"

My Yanks are next...do me proud!

31 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

I'd take that as a 'no.' Let's go Yankees!

Welp... Might as well.

Here are the Bronx Bombers!

Logos

New York Yankees Logos.png

-The Yankees quite obviously have a classic identity, probably the most classic in all of American sports. It's almost wrong to really change anything.

-The thing that has the most room to change I believe is the primary, which I recolored to be more navy-focused. This is a recoloring that I have seen plenty of times before, so even this really isn't a new idea in and of itself.

-Besides that, cap, home, and away logos all stay the same.

Uniforms

New York Yankees Home.pngNew York Yankees Away.png

-Why change a look that has long been considered timeless? I know some sort of alternate or something would probably look better, but this is the one case to not mess with tradition if there ever was one.

That's it! Comment on whatever you would like to below!

18 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

New York Yankees Away.png

-Why change a look that has long been considered timeless? I know some sort of alternate or something would probably look better, but this is the one case to not mess with tradition if there ever was one.

That's it! Comment on whatever you would like to below!

That road jersey has only been around since '73 (or 7 of the 27 championship). I don't think it's as untouchable as some people think. If anything, the piping can be improved...or the white outline can be removed all together. 

And if you were to do an alternate, which I think would be fun...may I suggest something like: image.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

That road jersey has only been around since '73 (or 7 of the 27 championship). I don't think it's as untouchable as some people think. If anything, the piping can be improved...or the white outline can be removed all together. 

Another idea to consider (again, not a necessary change, just an idea) would be to replace the "NEW YORK" wordmark on the road with an arched "YANKEES." I'm normally opposed to teams putting their names on their road jersey instead of their city/state, but if any team could pull it off, it would be the Yankees.

23 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

And if you were to do an alternate, which I think would be fun...may I suggest something like: image.jpeg

23 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Another idea to consider (again, not a necessary change, just an idea) would be to replace the "NEW YORK" wordmark on the road with an arched "YANKEES." I'm normally opposed to teams putting their names on their road jersey instead of their city/state, but if any team could pull it off, it would be the Yankees.

18 hours ago, brewersbaseball4life said:

Not much to say about the uniforms really, but I'd like to see how the primary logo would look with no red and all navy. I also like the idea of a road jersey with "Yankees" across the front. Nice job either way   

Here's a "Yankees" road jersey. Personally I'm not a fan, because it makes the white on the cap look slightly more out of place.

New York Yankees Away Proposal.png

Archived