MLB Tweaks and Expansion Made in Paint (Portland Thorns 36/36)

Victormrey

As a Detroit native, most would consider the homes as untouchable. Having said that, I think it's a really good look. The road cap and the orange jersey are fantastic. I'd like to see the orange jersey with a navy outlined in white "D", but using the Tigers script is a nice way to bring all of their marks together. And the Tiger head is a phenomenal sleeve patch.

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Those look good! Personally I prefer the "C" with the baseball in the middle, though. 

It was my initia idea, but I didn't look very good on the designs (the baseball looks too small). I'll use it as sleeve patch.

1 hour ago, DIYsportsguy said:

As a Detroit native, most would consider the homes as untouchable. Having said that, I think it's a really good look. The road cap and the orange jersey are fantastic. I'd like to see the orange jersey with a navy outlined in white "D", but using the Tigers script is a nice way to bring all of their marks together. And the Tiger head is a phenomenal sleeve patch.

Thank you very much! I'm glad of getting appreciation from a local fan :lol:

Let's rock it out!

The Colorado Rockies have kept their look since their foundation back in 1993, and I think it's time to change it.

I love to see sport teams using purple, but I'm not a fan of the shade used by the Rockies, that's why I've changed it, lighting it up. I've designed to logos, inspired by the Colorado Rockies former NHL team, and by the flag of Colorado:

Colorado Rockies Logo 2.pngColorado Rockies Logo 1.png

For the caps I decided to use another version of the Colorado C. That means no more Cristiano Ronaldo wearing a Rockies cap, LOL.

Colorado Rockies Cap Logo 1.png

I decided not to make big changes in the uniforms: now the home and alt home cap is white, black and purple, while the road and alt road is just black and purple. The home uniform keeps the pinstripes, but now they're purple, as well as the baselayer and the socks. The road uniform is grey with white and purple details, featuring mountain-themed sleeves amd pants. The alt home uni is mainly purple with white and black details, and the alt road design is a black vested uniform with a purple baselayer and details.

I decided to make new wordmarks as well, using the "Fairview" font.

Colorado Rockies Home Uniform.pngColorado Rockies Road Uniform.pngColorado Rockies Home Alt Uniform.pngColorado Rockies Road Alt Uniform.png

Take a bow. I think this is your best one yet. The new cap is really nice but that script just blows everything away. The sleeve and pants piping with the mountain range is terrific. You've got the biggest pieces in place just a couple of tweaks in my mind:

1: I'd go with a white version of the road template for the home rather than pinstripes. For starters its your best look, so why not let the home crowd see it. Also white panel caps don't mesh with pinstripes since you have one white surface with pins and one without. If you switch to a white version of the mountain range piping you can keep the white panel cap.

2: I think you're better off picking one template for the alts. Either use the sleeveless (I'd ditch the headspoon since you're not using it elsewhere) or the straight softball with the mountain range sleeves. 

This is absurdly close to being perfect since you've hit for extra bases so many places on this set. 

I like the road...and also the road alternate. The mountain sleeve pipping is a very nice touch. I've always wondered what that would look like and I think you pulled it off well. I'd remove it from the pants (especially since the road alt doesn't have...and it'd be borderline too much). 

28 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Take a bow. I think this is your best one yet. The new cap is really nice but that script just blows everything away. The sleeve and pants piping with the mountain range is terrific. You've got the biggest pieces in place just a couple of tweaks in my mind:

1: I'd go with a white version of the road template for the home rather than pinstripes. For starters its your best look, so why not let the home crowd see it. Also white panel caps don't mesh with pinstripes since you have one white surface with pins and one without. If you switch to a white version of the mountain range piping you can keep the white panel cap.

2: I think you're better off picking one template for the alts. Either use the sleeveless (I'd ditch the headspoon since you're not using it elsewhere) or the straight softball with the mountain range sleeves. 

This is absurdly close to being perfect since you've hit for extra bases so many places on this set. 

Thank you very much for the compliment mate!

How about going for a full mountain-themed set?

Colorado Rockies Home Uniform 2.pngColorado Rockies Road Uniform.pngColorado Rockies Home Alt Uniform 2.pngColorado Rockies Road Alt Uniform 2.png

I agree with @Carolingian Steamroller--this is your best set yet! My biggest complaint with most Rockies concepts is that the wordmarks (when altered) never look quite right, but you managed to find one that fits perfectly and most importantly is superior to what they currently use.

I think the changes you made from your original concept are improvements, but for the road alt, I'd bring back the purple placket piping and add the "C" logo on the chest. If you decide not to add the "C" as a crest logo, at least bring back the placket piping.

15 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I agree with @Carolingian Steamroller--this is your best set yet! My biggest complaint with most Rockies concepts is that the wordmarks (when altered) never look quite right, but you managed to find one that fits perfectly and most importantly is superior to what they currently use.

I think the changes you made from your original concept are improvements, but for the road alt, I'd bring back the purple placket piping and add the "C" logo on the chest. If you decide not to add the "C" as a crest logo, at least bring back the placket piping.

4 hours ago, hendocfc said:

I'd get rid of the purple sleeves (?) in the road alt. It's a bit too much if you ask me.

How about this?

Colorado Rockies Road Alt Uniform 3.png

Let's move on to Houston.

The Astros, along with the Rays, were my first tweak. I took their current style, logos and wordmarks, and applied the Tequila Sunrise pattern to the uniforms. This is the result:

Houston Astros Home Uniform.pngHouston Astros Road Uniform.pngHouston Astros Alt Home Uniform 2.pngHouston Astros Alt Road Uniform 2.png

You can find the original post and ideas here: 

On September 20, 2016 at 1:37 PM, Victormrey said:

While starting the Chicago Cubs designs, I had the idea of doing a long-term expansion, adding 6 teams in total:

AL West: Portland, OR - Lumberjacks or Thorns

AL Central: San Antonio, TX - Revolutionaries

AL East: Nashville, TN – Sounds / Charlotte, NC - Racers

NL West: Las Vegas, NV - Aces

NL Central: New Orleans, LA – Jesters or Harlequins

NL East: Montreal, QC - Expos

What do you think?

I know I'm a little late to the party on this but I think for Either the AL East or NL/AL Central I think Buffalo could work well in any of those 3 divisions. In regards, to NOLA i feel like Rivermen could work because of it being such an important port city connected to the sea and mighty Mississippi River

39 minutes ago, New York's Greatest said:

I know I'm a little late to the party on this but I think for Either the AL East or NL/AL Central I think Buffalo could work well in any of those 3 divisions. In regards, to NOLA i feel like Rivermen could work because of it being such an important port city connected to the sea and mighty Mississippi River

Thanks for the suggestions! How about this?

AL West: Portland Thorns

AL Central: Oklahoma Sooners

AL East: Buffalo 89ers

NL West: Las Vegas Aces

NL Central: New Orleans Rivermen

NL East: Montreal Expos

Archived