San Diego Padres Concept

LMU

As I ranted in this post, the Padres are a complete mess.  So, in my frustration I felt motivated to whip up something to fix the problem.

padres_zpsokgmzb77.png

Changes:

*Brown/gold color scheme

*Alternate wordmark uses for the home, current road wordmark tweaked to match closer to home wordmark

*1997-2011 swinging friar recolored and used as a sleeve patch

*1978 gold alternate updated with current logos/fonts

VmWIn6B.png

Exactly what they need to be. Beautiful

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

7 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Great work! Could you try 'San Diego' with a bigger letter 'D' instead of the letter 'O' to see what that would look like? 

I was aiming to match the enlarged letters of the home wordmark. Plus I have a bit of OCD with symmetry so having enlarged letters that make it left heavy would drive me crazy.

VmWIn6B.png

Great mock up, but sadly, Dennis Lin has reported that MLB has told the Padres to cut the yellow from the coming new uniforms to streamline our look. This seems to suggest we'll have white and brown unis similar to the old St. Louis Browns.

I'm hoping white and brown on its own can work. Some of the Browns unis do look good.

I don't understand though why MLB has any influence in the Padres' decision making.

52 minutes ago, Dra--- said:

Great mock up, but sadly, Dennis Lin has reported that MLB has told the Padres to cut the yellow from the coming new uniforms to streamline our look. This seems to suggest we'll have white and brown unis similar to the old St. Louis Browns.

I'm hoping white and brown on its own can work. Some of the Browns unis do look good.

I don't understand though why MLB has any influence in the Padres' decision making.

Brown/white would really fit the Catholic monk theme. It can work as a simple and reverent scheme - just ask St. Bonaventure's. That said, I doubt they're going back to brown, as that would make too much sense.

Archived